NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:46 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:15 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Sure bet U of Miami misses the Big East as this will be the second year in a row that Miami does not play on New Years day BCS or better yet a few days after New Years.

Well I am a Miami fan and I miss the Big East and the BCS entry that use to be a common place for the Canes.

If both Miami and Va Tech were in the Big East, Va Tech would have pulled one or two of its usual sloppy Big East games and lost probably two games and allowed Miami to play in the BCS. Remember a couple years ago, Va Tech just barely beat Temple. We are talking about Temple here.

Hokies Forever, guess the nearest law school is up road in Charlottesville where the real college of Virginia exist.

Better check that legal settlement document since is does allow each Big East football school to join the academic consortium being created by the ACC if the Big East football school desires membership.

This is sort of really funny that Va Tech fled to the ACC thinking academic benefits just to have WVU and others get the same benefits and an easier road to the BCS.

FYI, better watch those Noles this weekend or its Jacksonville verses South Beach.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:33 pm 
If the Big 10 would modify its elitism and take West Virginia Univ. the problem would be solved. That give Big 10 twelve and be done with expanding.
Then the Big East should add East Carolina to replave and it they want to split and expand to twelve themselves, they can add Marshall, Central Florida, Ohio, and UAB or Buffalo. Then to Big East could go head to head with Conference-USA and stop being BCS auto where they are deficient in means to stay there.
The Mountain West who is getting stronger with up and coming colleges could easily replace.

For those who say market is critical, that is true. But the east is already covered by the Big 10 and ACC with Penn State, Boston College and Maryland. And West Virginia right by Big 10 land could represent Big 10 too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Good grief, why on earth would WVU want to join the Big 10 when it got a free ticket to next few years of BCS bowls. Penn State was top dog in the east and look how long it took that football school to get to the BCS. The only reason the school is there this year is Ohio Sate and Michigan are down a bit.

Will the Big 10 pay WVU the same funding that the school will get in the BCS?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:50 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Lash, I'm starting to think that your latest line of argumentation is something I could send to some bowl officials in the effort to drive the Big East out.

It SHOULD be hard to get in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:11 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Pounder, the average person just dont get it. The politics of college football is well spread beyond the Big East. Notre Dame get special treatment and all the big conference get help with BCS at large bids including Texas last year.

The bowls are only interested in TV ratings and attendance with paying fans that will stay a few nights in town and spend money. They dont care which conference or if the same team shows up each year in the bowl rotation system. They actually prefer a more consistent team such as Miami that plays each year in the BCS or use to play each year in the BCS. Likewise fans get use to seeing the same team perform (i.e old Big 2 little 8 with Ohio St and Michigan representing the Big 10 in most years until the other Big 10 schools were allowed to go to other bowls and build momentum.

WVU is very young team. If this school wins its BCS game this year, every bowl will be jumping in line for the school and the thousand of fans that will travel to the game.

So tell me again the argument a regular BE participant would be difficult for the bowls to take each year. The Gator loves WVU and its fan base much better than some of its more populous northern brethren.

A team that can dominate will continue to get the best players and so many reasons Penn State was so successful for so many years. WVU can simply take its place or better yet has taken its place and that place at the regular big bowl table.

Bottom line is the Gator will take WVU any day if available exception of Notre Dame. The same is true for the Orange, Sugar, and Fiesta if a good product is on the filed and fans are willing to spend time in Miami, Phoenix, New Orleans/Atlanta.

Your argument would not hold water pounder. For your argument to hold up, WVU would need to play a couple BCS games like Pitt did last year.

"If that becomes the case, then the Big East does not belong in the BCS."

My bet is it wont and will get better and maybe Louisville will as well. Who knows maybe UConn and Syracuse will come storming back.

If the BCS wanted the Big East out it would long sense be gone. Argument settled.

The Gator is going to love all those paying Louisville coming down from your bluegrass state to attend the New Years bash.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:30 pm 
Lash, you are wrong as usual.I also seriously doubt that you are more than a casual Miami Hurricane fan especially now that they are in the ACC.I understand that you predicted that Miami would stay in the Big East?You sure blew that one,didn't you? ;D ;D ;D

Please show me confirmation of your claim that all BE FB schools are guaranteed spots in the ACC consortium.
I also see that you are now claiming on another thread that the BE "won"the three lawsuits involving the ACC and their new schools.Please show me confirmation of that claim.

Also,the Hokies are very happy for MANY REASONS not to be in the Big East. I also suspect that if WVU,or for that matter Pitt ever did get an invite from one of the Big 5 conferences they would take it and run.It is too bad that you are apparently holding a grudge,but we don't care.That's your problem.

You can wallow in your pretend BE world all you want to.But when you post about your "pretend world"on this board some people will probably ask for verification.
Let's see some verification of the above claims.

Are you and Tigershark going to take in the Insight Bowl and watch the mighty Scarlet Knights perform?If so you might want to bring along a bottle of no-doz. ;) ;D ;D ;D

In short,the Hokies will be happy this bowl season wherever in Florida we play this January.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:21 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Quote:
Sure bet U of Miami misses the Big East as this will be the second year in a row that Miami does not play on New Years day BCS or better yet a few days after New Years.

gator isnt bcs but it is a new years day bowl, although this year its january 2nd due new years being on a sunday

Last edited by accseahawk on Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:33 am 
Of course who can forget those prestigious bowl games played after New Year's Day such as the 2004 MPC Computers Bowl and the 1981, 1988, 1993, 1998, and 2004 Peach Bowls...

It looks like both Miami AND Virginia Tech both played in a bowl game on January 2, 1981...

Clemson AND Georgia Tech both won post-January 1st bowl games in 2003-2004...

North Carolina won a post-January 1st bowl game in 1992-1993...

Clemson played an SEC division winner close in a post-January 1st bowl game in 1997-1998...

Why wouldn't Miami want to be a member of a conference that has historically sent so many other teams to prestigious post-January 1st bowl games?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:24 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ACCSeahawk, you really think Miami fans are happy about going to the Gator over the Orange or Sugar?

Something like 1.5 million to 14 million dollar difference.

Gator is a good bowl, however, its second tier compared to the Orange, Sugar, Rose, and Fiesta.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:59 pm 
So Lash,do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Why would Miami care about the difference in the Gator/BCS bowl payouts?The proceeds all goes into the same pot before being split amongst the league members.

Also,when are you going to stop posting that silly Lashette thing?Your Myra Breckinridge ripoff is pretty silly.
You are giving your flip flopping a new dimension. ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:00 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Lash, it's called being in a conference that actually HAS a TV contract.... or at least one the conference is actually proud enough to publicize the details of.

Last edited by pounder on Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:26 pm 

Quote:

Also,when are you going to stop posting that silly Lashette thing?Your Myra Breckinridge ripoff is pretty silly.
You are giving your flip flopping a new dimension. ;D ;D ;D

Maybe you want a date Sabertooth :P? But my date book is full till after the new year. Hokie Forever is taking me to a tractor pull somewhere in sw Virginia, Tigershark2 has me booked to go with him to an unveiling of a portrait of Scooter Libby at the Cheney-Halliburton library somewheres in Nevada or is it Wyoming, and Doggiefan wants to get down and nasty in the hood (leave that one till last).

Lash thinks I am being a pest, but tell Quinn that FSU girls winning the website of year award is sexist. Apparently he never viewed me, Lashettte, bouncing on a trampoline at the New Mexico State pep rallies. :-*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:53 pm 
Big East wins big time in bowl race with members Notre Dame and West Virginia. That will more that equal Big10 better than ACC,SEC, Big12, P10. Where is poor ole Mountain worthless? Maybe they will catch games on crystal radios.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:06 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

That would be nice if Notre Dame played BE football. But they dont.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:59 pm 
No seriously, when does the BIG EAST become a BCS "bowl partner" with Notre Dame and the two share an automatic bid?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next