NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:47 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

No more auto bids. Either keep the current bowl system but add the Cotton Bowl and eliminate the BCS NC game, or go to playoff; either way the spots should go to the top 10 teams. Sure some of the lower conferences will cry foul and whine that their champion is left out but that will provide an incentive to "play better", "recruit better", and "schedule better non-conference games". TCU, Utah, BYU, and Boise State all did these and look where it's gotten them? Why should a mediocre school be rewarded with the postseason just because they won their mediocre division.

Unranked 8-4 UConn should have never been allowed to play in the Fiesta Bowl over 11-1 Boise State. That is just a travesty. Boise State earned it by beating "big" schools VTech and Oregon State and utterly destroying everybody else except a very good #19 Nevada team. UConn did not. A non-AQ should not have to be the top ranked non-AQ and be ranked above other AQ's. TCU got the BCS bid because it was the top ranked non-AQ. Boise State also deserved a BCS bid, but didn't get one because they were the second ranked, even though they were ranked above, WAYYYY above UConn.

In the NFL last year 7-9 Seattle should never have made the playoffs over 10-6 NY Giants or Tampa Bay. The post-season should be earned. Neither UConn nor Seattle earned a post-season bid.

No more auto bids.

My BCS Bowls AND alternate playoff idea.

Bowls
Rose Bowl: 1 vs. 2
Sugar Bowl: 3 vs. 4
Orange Bowl: 5 vs. 6
Cotton Bowl: 7 vs. 8
Fiesta Bowl: 9 vs. 10

Victor's Final Ranking
Rose Bowl: 1
Sugar Bowl: 2
Orange Bowl: 3
Cotton Bowl: 4
Fiesta Bowl: 5

OR

Four week Playoff

#1 & #2 get two week byes

Week 1
Game 1: 3 vs. 10
Game 2: 4 vs. 9
Game 3: 5 vs. 8
Game 4: 6 vs. 7

Week 2
Fiesta Bowl: WG1 vs. WG4
Cotton Bowl: WG2 vs. WG3

Week 3
Orange Bowl: WFB vs. #1
Sugar Bowl: WCB vs. #2

Week 4
Rose Bowl: WOG vs. WSB

National Champion: WRB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 am 
Senior
Senior

I'd like to see a 16 team playoff with each conference get their champion in the playoff. They could use the BCS formula for wildcard spots. The bowl games wouldn't be removed. They would take place Monday thru Thursday as extra games for any school that won 6 games or over but didn't make the playoffs. Auto bids are needed and if there is a FBS playoff then there needs to be a serious talk about combining FBS and FCS.

Us National Soccer Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 am 
Senior
Senior

If the SUPER CONFERENCES ever come to fruition, I believe you will see a 4 team playoff. A 16 (or 18) team B1G Ten, PAC and SEC along with probably the ACC or Big XII.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 am 
Senior
Senior

seanbo wrote:
If the SUPER CONFERENCES ever come to fruition, I believe you will see a 4 team playoff. A 16 (or 18) team B1G Ten, PAC and SEC along with probably the ACC or Big XII.

COMMENT FROM SUPER LEAGUE THREAD
If the big schools were to leave the NCAA, one of the main reasons would be not to share with the smaller schools. Let's face it, the big boys don't like sharing their BCS bowl spots with the Boise State's and the TCU's of the world right now much less offering them conference memberships. I'm not even sure how much they like sharing the BCS money with the Big East and ACC.

I think Quinn's model of 67 teams, (12-12-12-12-10-9) may get knocked down to 64, four super conferences of 16. Personally, I like Quinn's idea of 72, 4-18 (or 6-14) team conferences, but I don't think the Big 10, PAC 12 and SEC will. 4 super conferences, 4 conference championships, 4 team playoff = BIG MONEY.

THE NORTH--(The Big 10)--Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, NOTRE DAME, RUTGERS along with Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Wisconsin, MISSOURI, KANSAS

THE SOUTH--(The SEC)--Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, CLEMSON with Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Vandy, OKLAHOMA, TCU, TEXAS A&M

THE WEST--(The PAC West)--Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, Southern Cal, Washington, Wazzu with Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, Zona, TEXAS, TEXAS TECH, OKLAHOMA STATE,BOISE STATE

THE EAST--(The ACC)--Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Wake, LOUISVILLE with Boston College, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, UCONN, PITT, SYRACUSE, WVU

WHO'S LEFT OUT?
BAYLOR, IOWA STATE, KANSAS STATE, CINCINNATI AND USF, who all stay in the NCAA and join the Mountain West and Conference USA respectfully.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:19 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

46566 wrote:
I'd like to see a 16 team playoff with each conference get their champion in the playoff. They could use the BCS formula for wildcard spots. The bowl games wouldn't be removed. They would take place Monday thru Thursday as extra games for any school that won 6 games or over but didn't make the playoffs. Auto bids are needed and if there is a FBS playoff then there needs to be a serious talk about combining FBS and FCS.

This is exactly what I think should happen. It is the most fair out of any option. I agree with AQ's. If there wasn't AQ's then what is the point of having Conferences and Conference Championship Games.

And if there is a team out there with a winning a record, they should go to a bowl game over a team that had more losses then wins. Western Kentucky was screwed and should of gone to a bowl game instead of UCLA.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:29 am 
Freshman
Freshman

Peter Hunt wrote:
46566 wrote:

This is exactly what I think should happen. It is the most fair out of any option. I agree with AQ's. If there wasn't AQ's then what is the point of having Conferences and Conference Championship Games.

And if there is a team out there with a winning a record, they should go to a bowl game over a team that had more losses then wins. Western Kentucky was screwed and should of gone to a bowl game instead of UCLA.

Well you "know" why UCLA got the nod over Western Kentucky.

"Straight cash, homey..." - Randy Moss

More people would tune in to watch UCLA than WKU. I agree with you, though.