It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:38 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: * Rules of the Forum
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:22 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

I know it's long, but please read:

I started this website years ago because many of us had a common interest: the NCAA and Conference Realignment. The site has progressed through various forum types and this most recent version has been around for almost 2 years now. In that time we have gained many new members, exposure, a domain and have enjoyed an overall growth in the subject matter discussed.

Because this is such a unique topic for a website, we decided to keep the forums open for any guests. The rationale was simply that as topics/news events came up, there would be casual users visiting the site for the first time. The guest-posting policy is one I would really like to continue to use.

So here are a few basic rules I hope everyone can abide by:

1) If you are a regular user, please sign up for a user account. You will not be added to any lists. You might get a few emails from ME each year when we have a special announcment, but that it is....and that's a promise.

2) If you are a regular poster, please sign-in when posting. If need be, click on the "login" link at the top right corner of the screen and it will collapse the CollegeSportsInfo.com frame an make navigation easier for you.

3) If posting as a guest, do not use another persons username or a one too similar to a user you know of. But if you are reading this, you probably are already a member and should be logging in.

4) Keep the language clean...there are those that take offense to questionable language. Let's do what we have to do to keep everyone happy. If you have something to say, please say it as long as it's not offensive to another user.

5) Forum Ettiquette: But also try to avoid "post padding".

6) Article Postings:
One thing we try to do here at CollegeSportsInfo.com is seperate speculation from fact. In order to do this, we encourage the posters to share any news articles they come across from the various media outlets. But in sharing, be sure to include the link to the sotry and do not copy and paste the entire article. You can include a sentence or two as a teaser and then include the link, but do not copy the entire article. It is stealing. We are thankful for the many sportswriters who take the time to write features on the topic of realignment. Let's show them our support by keeping the credit where it belongs...with the authors and the newspapers. There's no harm in generating free traffic for the newspapers who we're lucky enought o have cover this topic.

7) Try to keep your responses to thread topics on topic. Do what you can to keep to a specific topic.

There were a few complaints from regular members about the behavior of some posters. Unfortunately, the posters in question did not have a user account so I cannot contact them directly. If your ISP is currently banned or has been in the past, please email me at admin@collegesportsinfo.com and we'll get the ISP back up and running. I apologize if this had happened to anyone, but if you don't have a user account for me to contact you directly, it's the only step possible. Contact me and we'll remedy right away.

Thank you everyone for your continued support of this site, your enthusiasm and participation. You make the site what it is!

Who Should Post on CollegeSportsInfo.com?

The forums here at CollegeSportsInfo.com are comprised of fans of the niche topic of NCAA conference realignment, people in the media, and professionals working for various colleges and universities.

There are hundreds of people who come to this forum and appreciate it for what it is: something aimed at serious discussion for interested fans. We have no desire to be like one of the mainstream forums where it's pages and pages of bickering and smack. This site is an alternative for people who want something more serious and not having the scroll through pages of fans going back and forth about their schools. This forum exists for the niche topic of conference realignment and the people who are generally interested and educated on the topic. It's not a place for people who put their school fandom first over reality.

We try to keep this as professional as possible. So the more educated you are on the topic and how things work in the business of college sports, the easier it is to understand the forum. If you look at a map and see UAB is in SEC country and think they should join, then there is a level of understanding you still need to get because that is not something that is likely. We do have the "Dream Conferences for Fun" thread for such topics though.

I just urge you to read first, get comfortable with the process here, and then post.

Thanks,

Matt Peloquin
CollegeSportsInfo.com

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

Last edited by Quinn on Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:48 am 
Freshman
Freshman

Too many guests.Better controls over guests are needed.

Post subject: Re: * Rules of the Forum
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

n

Post subject: Re: * Rules of the Forum
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:24 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

If you don't know the expectations for this forum, here they are:

* Treat the members of the site as if you are in the same room as them and never think of this as just the anonymous internet.
* Don't blast other peoples ideas.
* Never get personal and do something that if it were done to you, might be construed as harassing or bullying anyone.
* If you disagree with someone, just ask them to clarify based on whatever facts are available such as revenue trends, contract details, etc.
* Just try to be supportive as if the goal is to achieve something as a community.
* If there is ever a problem, feel free to report it to me.

Got that everyone? Don't like something, report it to freaked and I, don't take it upon yourself change the topic into something personal to combat something you feel is personal. We'll deal with it in the best way we can behind the scenes.

Top priority though...please do EVERYTHING you can to stick to the first (5) so that we don't have to get to the 6th as it's a pain in the ass for us. This is a college sports website, not a political or religious forum where there's going to be so much more emotion. Just have fun and be respectful...that shouldn't be too much to ask.

Thanks all!