Big E, aka EPJr. posted it from the ncaa website last summer (Briarcliffe since has dropped its D-II app, Academy of Art is listed as a PWC member on its website)
NDIANAPOLIS-The NCAA, Division II Management Council has approved 12 institutions as new active members of the division, effective September 1, 2008.
The 12 new members successfully completed their exploratory and provisional requirements and were recommended for active status by the Division II Membership Committee at its summer meeting.
The new members are (with location and conference affiliation) listed below:
• Brevard College (Brevard, N.C.; South Atlantic Conference)
• Central State University (Wilberforce, Ohio; Independent)
• Chestnut Hill College (Philadelphia; Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference)
• Claflin University (Orangeburg, S.C.; Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference)
• Dixie State College (St. George, Utah; Pacific West Conference)
• Flagler College (St. Augustine, Fla.; Independent)
• Georgia Southwestern State University (Americus, Ga.; Peach Belt Conference)
• Newman University (Wichita, Kansas; Heartland Conference)
• Notre Dame de Namur University (Belmont, Calif.; Pacific West Conference)
• Seton Hill University (Greensburg, Pa.; West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference)
• Texas A&M International University (Laredo, Texas; Heartland Conference)
• University of Texas of the Permian Basin (Odessa, Texas; Heartland Conference)
The dozen institutions bring Division II’s total number of member schools to 308 and add five members to the regions west of the Mississippi River.
“These institutions have worked diligently through the membership process and have demonstrated their capacity to comply with Division II policies and procedures and advance the division’s strategic-positioning platform,” said Management Council Chair Debbie Chin, the athletics director at the University of New Haven. “On behalf of the Division II Management Council, I am proud to say that these 12 institutions chose Division II.”
The Council also approved several institutions’ advancement in the new-membership process. Lake Erie College (Painesville, Ohio) was moved into year one of the provisional period in the membership process, effective September 1, 2008.
Six other institutions were moved into year two of the exploratory period in the membership process, effective September 1, 2008. They are as follows:
• King College (Bristol, Tenn.)
• Lincoln University (Lincoln University, Pa.)
• St. Thomas University (Miami Gardens, Fla.)
• University of Arkansas, Fort Smith (Fort Smith, Ark.)
• University of Illinois at Springfield (Springfield, Ill.)
• Urbana University (Urbana, Ohio)
In addition, the Management Council approved the following five schools’ applications to enter year one of the exploratory period in the membership process, effective September 1, 2008:
• California State University, East Bay (Hayward, Calif.)
• Dominican University of California (San Rafael, Calif.)
• Lambuth University (Jackson, Tenn.)
• Maryville University of St. Louis (St. Louis)
• Ohio Dominican University (Columbus, Ohio)
One institution, Briarcliffe College in Bethpage, New York, was asked to repeat year one of the exploratory period. The Membership Committee did not accept applications from two schools (San Francisco Academy of Arts and Young Harris College in Georgia) to enter the Division II membership process at this time.