NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:30 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future of NAIA
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:39 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Even though the NAIA loses some schools to the NCAA every year they continue to attract new members.
As an example,Roosevelt University plans to hold a presser tomorrow to announce they are relaunching their athletics program in 2010 as a NAIA member.Link at http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009 ... ports.html

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:57 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

NEW NAIA MEMBERS IN 2009

NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE
TRUETT-MCCONNELL COLLEGE OF GEORGIA

RUMORED NEW NAIA SCHOOLS IN 2009 OR 2010

CONCORDIA COLLEGE- SELMA (AL)
SPRINGFIELD COLLEGE (IL)
LINDENWOOD UNIVERSITY-BELLEVILLE (MO)
LOURDES UNIVERSITY (OH)
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN -FLINT
ECCLESIA COLLEGE OF (AR)
ROCHESTER COLLEGE (MI)
NEW MEXICO MILITARY INSTITUTE (NM)
COLLEGE OF THE BAHAMAS (BAHAMAS)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:11 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

New NAIA Schools?
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next

NAIA Basketball from the Victory Sports Network Forum Index -> Idle Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic
TransouthFan07
First Year Starter

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with all the news about the naia losin teams, I was wondering if anyone knows of any schools that will be new members next yr?

stealth
All American

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:44 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Council approved four new members last fall:
Fisk University (Tenn.)
Philander Smith College (Ark.)
Southwestern College (Ariz.)
Walla Walla University (Wash.).

The following are just a matter of time I think:
Concordia-Selma
Springfield College of Ill- has expressed interest and has an official NAIA visit
Lindenwood-Belleville
In conjunction with the launch of daytime programs in the fall, Lindenwood also will begin offering athletics at the Belleville campus. Men’s and women’s soccer squads are the first teams to be formed and will initially compete as a member of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA). The department hopes to meet the requirements necessary to join the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) within two years.

Lourdes University-2200 student campus outside of Toledo is adding athletics (basketball, volleyball) likely in 2010. Indicate an association with the NAIA.

To keep your eye on:
UM-Flint will likely join in 2010-2011
Ecclesia College (Ark.)
Rochester College (Mi.)- I don't know how they have stayed out for so long.[/i]

Last edited by stealth on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

stealth
All American

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:09 pm Post subject:

Looks like Northern New Mexico College will be joining. They are current members of the USCAA but list the NAIA on their athletic website.

http://www.nnmc.edu/campus/athletics/index.html

They would make 5 NAIA members in Arizona and New Mexico. Add a ASU-regional or a community college convert and we have the makings of another conference.

GSAC11FAN
NAIA Legend

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:09 pm Post subject:

Can't find the NAIA logo on their site, but if they do join soon, that would be a huge boost to the GSAC because it gives them another team to regionally compete with.

2nd, if Grand Canyon had joined the NAIA and not D-II, there could be a 2nd NAIA conference in the Southwest by next year.

Last time I remember though, I don't think Embry-Riddle of Arizona or Santa Fe have basketball teams. If we are talking solely basketball, we're still ways away before any basketball conference could be created and with the economy as it currently is, even more so.

GSAC11FAN

bronto
NAIA Hall of Famer

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:42 pm Post subject:

GSAC11FAN wrote:
Can't find the NAIA logo on their site

There is no logo, but NAIA is listed under quick links on the lower left.
http://www.collegefanz.com/blogs/bronto ... ssey-howto

stealth
All American

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:15 pm Post subject:

Santa Fe just started athletics a year or so ago. And I don't blame ERAU-Prescott for not having basketball, there hasn't been any competition within 200 miles of them until now(with the addition of southwestern). That would be a lot of travel to fill up a 25-30 game basketball schedule if you don't have many schools around.

In other news, the NAIA has been very quiet about anything at the convention held this past weekend. Usually they will release the State of the Conference address and rule changes, as well as, a list of new members. Granted there many not be new members, but the NAIA is acting like the convention didn't happen.

Any insider news?

LoboMVP
Redshirt Freshman

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:47 pm Post subject: Southwest happenings

The College of Santa Fe pending approval by the NM legislature will be absorbed by NCAA DII New Mexico Highlands and all athletics will be cut as of the end of the spring semester. I'm not sure how they continued to offer any sports considering their financial condition. I heard that only 2 new members were approved at the convention one of which was Northern New Mexico. Not sure who the other is. Anyone have any idea where Quinn Wooldrige at Univ. of the Southwest went? He was replaced by the Asst. at NMJC

Fresno St. Alum
NAIA Starter

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:18 am Post subject:

Is NNMC going to be D-I or D-II for bball? Is the other school Lourdes or UM-Flint?

stealth
All American

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:11 am Post subject:

There has been no word out of the convention.

LOBOfan
Redshirt Freshman

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:55 am Post subject: New Members

I heard from an official who worked some of their games this season that they will go DII. He said the AD told him they will try to form a conference at some point in the near future. I'm getting this info 2nd hand but the info has been reliable so far. Yesterday on the NAIA site the only two new members listed were Northern New Mexico and Truett-McConnell College in Georgia. See link below

http://naia.cstv.com/genrel/042809aaf.html

Fresno St. Alum
NAIA Starter

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:05 pm Post subject:

Truett-McConnell should go to D-I. They are in North Georgia, there are a lot more D-I schools in the area. The Sun is a little far south for them. SSAC?

NNMC is too far west to join the SAC or RRAC. What conference would they start? Santa Fe is being taken over by NM-Highlands.

N.New Mexico
Southeastern(AZ)
Embry-Riddle(AZ) no bball
Johnson & Wales(CO)

I checked the NCCAA, USCAA, & Non-affiliation small colleges and found no other schools in the area.

If Nevada St. and UC-Denver started sports they could join, but what can you do with a 4 member conference?

Fresno St. Alum
NAIA Starter

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:07 pm Post subject:

Stealth can you see if you can find out what the nickname/mascot of Lourdes is. I didn't find anything.

stealth
All American

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 am Post subject:

The presidential article I read about Lourdes was last summer. I'm guessing Lourdes is a 2010-2011 start date for athletics. I haven't seen any hiring of coaches yet. But from all indications on thier website, ie weekly howl newsletter, and the Gray Wolves 5k, I'm guessing it's Gray Wolves.

See drawing and info. http://www.lourdes.edu/Newsroom/Calenda ... ves5K.aspx

Last edited by stealth on Fri May 01, 2009 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

ssac guy
NAIA Legend

Location: Montgomery, Rome, Atlanta, Cleveland, Waleska, Mt. Vernon
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:44 am Post subject:

Truett-McConnell College will most likely be in the SSAC replacing Reinhardt who went to the AAC.

stealth
All American

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:11 am Post subject:

From what I can tell, TMC appears to be a decent pick up for the NAIA. They seem like the type of athletic program that would have more success competing as a 4 year school than a JUCO. I'd love to see them jump right in with the other SSAC members.

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

NAIA Basketball from the Victory Sports Network Forum Index -> Idle Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: Select a forum NAIA Basketball Message Boards----------------The Men's DI National SceneThe Men's DII National SceneThe Women's DI National SceneThe Women's DII National SceneIdle ChatterOpen DatesJob Listings NAIA DI Basketball Boards----------------American Midwest Conf.Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf.Frontier Conf.Heart of America Athletic Conf.Golden State Athletic Conf.Gulf Coast Athletic Conf.Mid-South Conf.Red River Athletic Conf.Sooner Athletic Conf.Southern States Athletic Conf.TranSouth Athletic Conf.Independents NAIA DII Basketball Boards----------------American Mideast Conf.Appalachian Athletic Conf.California Pacific Athletic Conf.Cascade Collegiate Conf.Chicagoland Collegiate Conf.Dakota Athletic Conf.Florida Sun Conf.Great Plains Athletic Conf.Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf.Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conf.Mid-Central College Conf.Midlands Collegiate Athletic Conf.Midwest Classic Conf.Sunrise Athletic Conf.Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conf.Independents