NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:06 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Andrew Bogut
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:20 pm 
Hey everyone out there, what do u think of the university of utah and andrew bogut. first have u seen them play before, what do u think about bogut and how good do u think that he is and will be once drafted into the NBA and where do u think he will go in this next years draft?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:10 pm 
Wait, that was Andrew Gaze...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:43 pm 
do u not know who andrew bogut is on the university of utah, the utes are 15-0 in the past 15 games, are ranked 15th in both of the major polls, and bogut, is averging a double double, has 14 of them, most in the nation, is averging 20 points a game, and is leading the nation in field goal %

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:36 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Andrew Bogut, guy who gets weekly mention as "one of the best players in the country" on ESPN's college programming, and if we stay awake long enough (even out west), we might be able to see him play on TV. I haven't had the chance yet, obviously. (Tell me that CSTV is going to help next year, I dare you.)

I apologize for being tapped out of "I've got to see THAT game" money; my travel schedule is pretty much booked for winter, spring, and summer. That does include Utah trips... for Real Salt Lake.

http://utahutes.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/utah-m-baskbl-sched.html

Last Monday's game in Las Vegas appears to have been the first tough game out of the last 15, which are conference games plus, oh, Colorado, LSU, Whitworth... though I'd have thought Coppin State would put up more of a fight.

There are close losses to Arizona and Washington, and a rather ugly shellacking up in Logan against Utah State. The record shown depends on what you think of the Mountain West this year, though it must be said that the road venues in the conference are often a gauntlet (even moreso to those not used to the altitude, but New Mexico's arena can turn you deaf). Anyway, I'm not sure I'd put the Ute basketball team up there with the football team.

Last edited by pounder on Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:57 pm 
hey thanks, good point, the utes have not beaten anybody this year, but they did play washington well, and arizona well, in tuscon, but they also beat LSU (who is at the bottom of the SEC) who played kentucky tough at kentucky, and i would have to agree that the bball team is not as good as the fball team this year... the fact that the utes are on so late, upsets me, much like the football team who would play at night, while teams in southern cal would play in the middle of the day, (whats up w/ that), which is one of the main reasons the utes didnt have much respect going into the end of the football season... what helps the bball team is that utah has a good history as a team and has earned some respect.. thanks for the comment, keep replying w/ ur thoughts, thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:10 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Solid player, decent squad. Usual case of good fundementals but I question their ability to maintain the pace against deeper teams. Able to make Sweet 16, but no lock, IMO. Mr. Bogut is good, though. Let's see how he does now that the secret is out, eh!

Oh yeah: "Viva, Real! Viva Real! Ole, Ole, Viva Salt Lake!!"
(and go Crew!!!!)
;D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:36 pm 
thanks gunnerfan, good point, the utes are tough, but their weakness is definately their bench, they really only go about 7 deep. also since everyone has suddenly found out about bogut, he still seems to be playing well, he had a gr8 game against colorado state, where they start 3 seven footers,

oh and real salt lake, its exiting, but i dont know if we will be that good, we have a lot of solid older players, so it will be a good squad will the balance with veterans with some young gunners. oh and about arsenal...... henry is amazing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:33 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I noticed that CBS SportsLine ranks all of the college players. Andrew Bogut is ranked #3. http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/playerrankings/regularseason/OVERALL?&_1:col_1=1&print_rows=9999