Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:34 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone see BC-Syracuse?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:07 am 
All-Star
All-Star

BC is the real deal. They've turned it up a notch, in my estimation. More weapons. More intensity. :o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:19 am 
All-Star
All-Star

BC did not, nor will not make the trek to Syracuse this year, a casualty of the scheduling that comes in larger conferences.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:10 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quote:
The game was at Boston College guys. What did they do when the game was at Syracuse?

I'm not talking about the outcome. I'm talking about the style of play & their approach to the game. I had viewed BC as a fairly one-dimensional team that passed the ball around a lot, worked it inside for high percentage shots, & had just enough of a perimeter game to keep the other team honest. What I saw over the weekend was a different team with a different approach. Jared Dudley was electric, looking for his shot, both medium range jumpers & drives to the basket. They shot the 3 much better than they normally do & that was probably the home court factor, but they didn't get any home cookin' from the refs. If anything, a few breaks probably went against them, so the difference should have been greater than the score indicated.

The other factor that impressed me was defense & coaching. They wore Gerry McNamara out, completely shut him down. But even more impressive was the way they eliminated Hakim Warrick. Every time he got a sniff at the ball, they doubled down on him, just the way that UConn did when they shot down Elton Brand to win the '99 national championship. al Skinner is not a flashy coach, but he knows his X's & O's.

I had thought that this team would get to the Sweet Sixteen, the Round of 8 if they were lucky. Now, I'm thinking that theyare a Final Four team. Their rebounding is ferocious & they don't beat themselves. Not only do they make very few turnovers, but their offensive skeam is based on ball movement & they are an excellent passing team, patient, & execute what their coach has drawn up. They are well prepared & don't fade when hit with adversity, which they easily could have done in this game when Syracuse made some late runs. Granted, home court helped in this area.

Watch out for 'em, come tournament time.