NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:53 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:46 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Thinking back on the topic I just wrote, I’m guessing a lot of guys are reading this post hoping to see some beautiful ladies playing b-ball in the buff ?. My apologies in advance for any disappointments, I’m really just wondering if anyone has read Playboy’s college hoops predictions this month, and if so, what do you agree/disagree with? I’ve actually followed their charts for the past 3 years in my office pool, and cashed in twice (made $400 for 3rd place last year, $640 for 2nd place last year.)

The onlyyyy choice I’m really questioning is Villanova for #3, though I haven’t really followed their team besides a few highlight clips on Allan Ray last season.

Not to cause a big debate, but also what are your thoughts on the 19-year old age requirement for new NBA players? Personally…I think it’s a good thing. But that’s just my opinion.

Rob in OH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:15 pm 
Senior
Senior

I don't read Playboy, but I will comment on the NBA age rule. While I believe that it should be good for the NBA and most of the players, I think that it will cause problems for the NCAA. Why? The new graduation rules. You will have a lot of BB players declaring for the draft after their Freshman year. A number of HS players will sign scholarships with the intention of only playing one year. Too many of them will NOT keep up their grades. Others will actually get drafted. This will play havoc with the 5/8 rule and will cause graduation rates to fall IMHO.

Baseball already has this problem with Freshmen and Junoirs being draft elligable. There are links on another thread about graduation rates. Look how many schools are in trouble with graduation rates in baseball.