NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:23 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:26 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Syracuse will likely play a 13 game schedule, which means they'll play 7 non Big East schools. But Syracuse was used to having 13 games to schedule freely, and not has that limited to 7.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:23 am 
Senior
Senior

tute79 wrote:
Thanks Quinn.

I don't follow lacrosse that closely (as you can probably tell).

So evidently the lacrosse championships offer Johs Hopkins about as good of an opportunity to get in with an at-large, as by winning a conference. I assume that is how they rationalize remaining independent.

Out here in the midwest (and elsewhere) lacrosse is steadily gaining more interest at the high school level, and that should feed on upward...

Johns Hopkins definitely has a strong year-in year-out LaX team, and they were also one of the four schools from D-III grandfathered in to being eligible to play in D-I. This also means there is no home conference for them, but like Notre Dame without the pretensiousness, they're ok with not having one.

We just added women's lacrosse here at UofL, so that's either to tidy up the Title IX requirements or it may mean men's LaX could be on the way in a few years....

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:13 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

The Wikipedia college lacrosse page says that Jacksonville will be starting a men's lacrosse team as an independent. I was wondering if any one on this forum knew whether this information was true or not.

"(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes" by Elvis Costello from the 1977 album My Aim Is True.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:31 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

nomorespinsports wrote:
The Wikipedia college lacrosse page says that Jacksonville will be starting a men's lacrosse team as an independent. I was wondering if any one on this forum knew whether this information was true or not.

Yes, Jacksonville has lacrosse:

JU Lacrosse Timeline

April 24, 2008 - JU announces the creation of a men's and women's lacrosse program.
2008-09 - Fund raising, Facility planning, Secure league affiliation, Hire coaching staff, recruit and sign student-athletes, purchase lacrosse equipment
2009-10- Dolphin lacrosse makes its premiere (teams may not play more than five exhibition matches during the fall. Spring season consists of 17 dates beginning in February.)

http://www.judolphins.com/mlacrosse/

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Release with announcement that University of Detroit men's lacrosse team will be joining the MAAC starting in 2009-2010.Link at http://insidelacrosse.com/page.cfm?page ... yid=207515

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:11 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

i like it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:52 am 
Freshman
Freshman

This upcoming season will be Jacksonville's first season playing NCAA lacrosse. At first, they are going to be an independent. Will they stay as an independent or will they eventually become a part of another conference? And if they become part of another conference, what conference could they join? Just thought I would put this out there as a discussion starter.

"(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes" by Elvis Costello from the 1977 album My Aim Is True.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:56 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

nomorespinsports wrote:
This upcoming season will be Jacksonville's first season playing NCAA lacrosse. At first, they are going to be an independent. Will they stay as an independent or will they eventually become a part of another conference? And if they become part of another conference, what conference could they join? Just thought I would put this out there as a discussion starter.

There aren't any geographical fits for them. The ECAC is the biggest hodge-podge conference with schools from so many conferences. But with their new western feel, i doubt they'd want to go south.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:50 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Mercer University(Macon, Georgia) announced last week they will be adding men's lacrosse for the 2011 regular-season (Division I), and women's lacrosse for the 2012 regular-season. Mercer already has a men's club team.

http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_men/DI/2008-09/news/061809_mercer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:38 pm 
Senior
Senior

University of Michigan adding men's and women's varsity lacrosse:

http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/052511aaa.html

The article doesn't mention any potential conference affiliations, although I imagine that the best fits are the ECAC Lacrosse League (men) and American Lacrosse Conference (women). Maybe someday the Big Ten will be sponsoring their own lacrosse league as well? This will be the fourth Big Ten school to have women's lacrosse...

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:13 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Would the Big East consider Jacksonville as a Lacrosse-only member? Loyola-MD is already a member of the Big East for women's Lacrosse. Ironically, if the Big East splits, the lacrosse playing schools in the football-only side might still be playing Big East Lacrosse-neither side has enough to sponsor the sport on their own.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 pm 
Senior
Senior

As I expected, UM lacrosse going to American Lacrosse Conference (women) and ECAC Lacrosse League (men):

http://www.laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=25663
http://www.ecaclacrosse.com/2011/news/M ... C_Lacrosse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:59 am 
All-Star
All-Star

So Syracuse LAX is going to the ACC...Rutgers is undecided but most probably B1G/ACC, Nova and ND are also up in the air...is BE LAX dead?

Just throwing this out there, B1G LAX Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Rutgers...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:06 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

tkalmus wrote:
So Syracuse LAX is going to the ACC...Rutgers is undecided but most probably B1G/ACC, Nova and ND are also up in the air...is BE LAX dead?

Just throwing this out there, B1G LAX Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Rutgers...

Seriously. Cusa lacrosse would be happy about that. Get 4 conference games and the rest for an open schedule. Much better for them as they were the one school that least wanted BE lax.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:56 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

The ACC only needs one more school to get an automatic bid to the NCAA tourney now that Syracuse has joined the conference.

Currently Pitt, NCSt, and BC all play LAX in the MCLA, and it seems that the ACC is trying to get one of them to upgrade so that they can reach the 6 team minimum. BC and Pitt are the most likely candidates.
http://www.cardiachill.com/2011/9/18/24 ... -d1-in-acc
http://www.bcinterruption.com/2011/9/18 ... on-college

Of course the ACC could get its 6th LAX member by expanding to 16 with ND or Rutgers (in addition to UConn) both of which have D1 LAX.
http://www.inlaxwetrust.com/2011/9/17/2 ... t-lacrosse

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next