NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:53 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

In terms of content, a lot of it is too vague and for no good reason. For example...

Quote:
Houston

Still mentioned as a potential MWC candidate with TCU now in.

Long shot: joins with Big East football members

Long shot: if the Big 12 lost 7 members and sought replacement to maintain the Big 12, they could be a potential target.

What conference is TCU in? Where is the logic for joining the Big East? Wouldn't specifically UT and A&M have to go for the Big 12 to have an interest in TCU? Isn't it their contention that they already deliver DFW?

It would be better if it read:
Quote:
Houston

Mentioned with UCF in several articles as a potential BE candidate - could be TCU's travel partner.
Also mentioned with UTEP and SMU as possible MWC members

Possible: joins with Big East football members

Possible: joins MWC

Long shot: if the Big 12 lost UT and A&M and sought replacement to maintain the Big 12, they could be a potential target.

I'd say you could do even better than that.

Quote:
Houston
Not unhappy in CUSA, but along with UCF a frequently reported target of the Big East should they decide to expand. Also there is some speculation that Houston and UTEP might have their eyes on the MWC.

Specs:
Not a stateflagship or a school with strong statewide support. Offers some presence in the Houston DMA, improving academics with a newly earned VH research designation, a strong football program and a solid basketball program.

Possible: joins with Big East football members to secure AQ status
Possible: joins MWC for a marginal conference upgrade.
Long shot: if the Pac-12 comes for UT, A&M, and OU again, Houston with their new research designation could now be tolerable to the Pac 12 and could be part of a package to secure A&M via state political channels.
Long shot: if the Big 12 lost UT and A&M and sought replacement to maintain the Big 12, they could be a potential target.

I admire the fact that you link things. I am lot more willing to commit the less widespread speculation and rumors to print without very credible links than you, so some of that may be more than you would want your name on, but that really isn't what I am getting at. The important thing is to make it updated and each line clear. I think that is lacking today.

You would do well to adopt a format you like that offers good flexibility but displays consistency from entry to entry and then rewite each entry from scratch. IMO.

I would also suggest writing a overall conference gameplan. What the conference might do in certain scenarios. That seems lacking and would be better there in one place than repeatedly throughout the member profiles.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:35 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

You know something that could be effective shorthand for the mindset of the school would be the use of smilies.

Colorado :D
Nebraska :lol:
Texas 8-)
A&M :|
Texas Tech :|
Missouri, USU, and SJSU :cry:
Boise :?

Probably too cutesy though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:10 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Possible DII to DI upgrades that should be at least mentioned although unlikely are Northwest Missouri St (minor talk but 3 recent D2 football championships latest in 2009) and Minnesota Duluth (who plays D1 hockey and has won 3 recent D2 football championships latest in 2010)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
Possible DII to DI upgrades that should be at least mentioned although unlikely are Northwest Missouri St (minor talk but 3 recent D2 football championships latest in 2009) and Minnesota Duluth (who plays D1 hockey and has won 3 recent D2 football championships latest in 2010)

D-II schools that have said in writing that they are interested in D-I. With the conf. they think they'll get into

N.Alabama (OVC)
N.Kentucky (OVC, Horizon)
UCSD (Big West)
Grand Canyon (WAC)
Bellarmine(OVC, Summit)
Lincoln Memorial (A-Sun)

I haven't heard anything new from these since the rule change
Francis Marion (A-Sun)
W.Florida (A-Sun)
W.Georgia (Big South)
Tarleton St. (SLC)

looking to move to D-II from NAIA
Fresno Pacific (PWC)
Azusa Pacific (PWC)
Pt.Loma Nazarene (PWC)
Union(TN) (GSC)
Indiana Wesleyan (GLVC?)
Trevecca Nazarene (GSC?)
Pt.Park (WVIAC?)
CS San Marcos (CCAA)
Shorter (GSC)
S.Nazarene (GAC)
NW Oklahoma St. (GAC)
W.Virginia Tech (WVIAC)
Holy Names (PWC)
Roberts Wesleyan (ECC)

From D-I & D-III moving/looking to D-II
New Orleans (GSC)
McMurry (LSC)
Colorado Coll. (RMAC)

Looking at D-III from NAIA
Houghton
Purdue-Calumet
Montreat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:07 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

This thread hasn't gotten any love in a while.

I just had the thought hat the realignment grid is a little outdated and it might be nice to clear out some of the old information on there and reevaluate the expansion and realignment possibilities for certain conferences and schools.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:25 am 
Senior
Senior

fighting muskie wrote:
This thread hasn't gotten any love in a while.

I just had the thought hat the realignment grid is a little outdated and it might be nice to clear out some of the old information on there and reevaluate the expansion and realignment possibilities for certain conferences and schools.

I agree. I do like the "history of rumors" so maybe add a tab somewhere for the information. Also, maybe update the logos to the logos used on the maps in the map thread.