NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards

Discussions by Conference:

NCAA Map
  It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping
College T-shirts at Fanatics.com

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:55 pm 
Senior
Senior

In the big east thread fighting muskie got me thinking about a 14 team MWC conference. I was thinking of a east west split for the conference.

West
Gonzaga*
Saint Mary's*
Fresno State
San Diego State
San Jose State
UNLV
Nevda Reno

East
BYU
Utah State
Boise State
Wyoming
Coldrado State
Air Force
New Mexico

Gonzaga and Saint Mary's are added for all sports but football. Hawaii is droped as a football only school and BYU added back as a full school.

WCC Loses BYU,Saint Mary's and Gonzaga but adds Seattle from the WAC.

New WCC
Pacific
Pepperdine
Loyla Maramount
Seattle
San Diego
Portland
San Francisco
Santa Clara

The WCC could stay as a 8 team conference or add Cal State Bakersfield and Utah Valley. This gets them back to 10 and gives the other two teams a home after the WAC falls to 7. This will make the WCC a 1 bid league and destroy the WAC.The Hawaii team could GO to the WCC from the big West and Cal State Bakersfield can move to the Big West. I admit i kind of hope Hawaii Pacific University joins from D2 as they offer almost all of the WCC schools. This will give 2 teams in Hawaii and no need to go into Utah. This may save the WAC as they would be down only 1 school.

Us National Soccer Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:20 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

BIG 8 - SWC merged in 1990

N: Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Arkansas
S: Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:52 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Vinicius wrote:

Nice one. But where would Rice, SMU and Houston go if it was coming to reality?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions; 2015 ACC baseball conference tournament champions!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:41 pm 
Senior
Senior

jlog3000 wrote:
Vinicius wrote:

I could see Rice and SMU finding a home in the WAC (where the wound up eventually) and Houston going independent with basketball joining the Metro Conference.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

BePcr07 wrote:
jlog3000 wrote:
Vinicius wrote:

I could see Rice and SMU finding a home in the WAC (where the wound up eventually) and Houston going independent with basketball joining the Metro Conference.

Fair enough. Plus, for Rice and SMU, it would let the WAC to eventually reach upto 12 teams and a CCG of its own (without having San Jose St., UNLV and Tulsa in the mix).

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions; 2015 ACC baseball conference tournament champions!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:52 am 
Junior
Junior

If Notre Dame join a conference:

Atlantic Conference
North: ECU, UNC, NCSU, UVa, VPI
South: Clemson, FSU, UGa, GTech, USC-e

Eastern Conference
East: BC, UMd, UMiami, Rutgers, Syracuse
West: Notre Dame, Penn St, Pitt, Temple, WV

Northern Conference
East: Cincinnati, Indiana, Michigan, MSU, tOSU
West: Illinois, Minnesota, N'Western, Purdue, Wisconsin

Pacific Conference
Blue (Cool): Cal, Fresno St, UO, UCLA, UW
Red (Warm): OSU, SDSU, USC, Stanford, WSU

Southern Conference
East: Bama, Auburn, UF, Tennessee, Vandy
West: UK, Louisville, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU

Central Conference
North: Arkansas, Memphis, UO, OSU, TCU
South: Baylor, Houston, Texas, TAMU, TTU

Western Conference
East: Iowa, ISU, Kansas St, Mizzou, Nebraska
West: Arizona, ASU, BYU, Colorado, Utah

If Notre Dame don't join, they are replaced by Kansas

KU replace Nebraska in Western Conf: East
Nebraska replace Purdue in Northern Conf: West
Purdue replace Cincinnati in Northern Conf: East
Cincinnati replace Notre Dame in Eastern conf: West

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:39 pm 
Junior
Junior

if ESPN/FOX stop Big XII expansion

PAC adds OU, OSU, KU, KSU

ACC does ND deal with Texas and agrees to add TTU, TCU

B1G takes ISU (Iowa politics) and UConn

SEC picks up Cincinnati & WV

Everyone at 16 plus Notre Dame & Texas as ACC non football

Baylor goes to American with either Umass or Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:15 pm 
Junior
Junior

Big XII doesn't expand, so the 18 candidates form their own conference split into 3 divisions

Western: BYU, Boise, SDSU, CSU, Air Force, New Mexico
Central: SMU, Houston, Tulane, Ark State, NIU, Memphis
Eastern: UCF, USF, ECU, Temple, UConn, Cincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:48 am 
Freshman
Freshman

My dream conference centers around the PAC-12 raiding the Big-12, to become the PAC-16. I'd split them into 4-team pods for scheduling to try the rivalries, and create a trophy for each pod. Two pods would form a division (in east-west split).

PAC-16
Four Corners Pod (East) - Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah
Texhoma Pod (East) - Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech
Northwest Pod (West) - Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
California Pod (West) - Cal, Stanford, UCLA, USC

Scheduling
Football (9 conference games) - Play each team from your division, plus 1 team from each of the other two pods, 8-year rotation. (I even have a potential schedule to where there'd be a game in every rivalry every week except for 1 bye week).
Basketball (18 conference games) - Play each team from your pod twice (Home-away), and every other team once, 2-year rotation. (I have two potential schedules here, one pairing up each rivalry as travel partners, and one pairing up two teams from the same pod as travel partners).

I'm still working out a schedule for the rest of the sports, as not every school sponsors everything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:49 am 
All-Star
All-Star

dunstvangeet wrote:
My dream conference centers around the PAC-12 raiding the Big-12, to become the PAC-16. I'd split them into 4-team pods for scheduling to try the rivalries, and create a trophy for each pod. Two pods would form a division (in east-west split).

PAC-16

Scheduling
Football (9 conference games) - Play each team from your division, plus 1 team from each of the other two pods, 8-year rotation. (I even have a potential schedule to where there'd be a game in every rivalry every week except for 1 bye week).
Basketball (18 conference games) - Play each team from your pod twice (Home-away), and every other team once, 2-year rotation. (I have two potential schedules here, one pairing up each rivalry as travel partners, and one pairing up two teams from the same pod as travel partners).

I'm still working out a schedule for the rest of the sports, as not every school sponsors everything.

I like your alignment format idea, which is almost similar to mine. But about the scheduling, I'll be curious enough to look forward to, especially with a team example.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:54 am 
Freshman
Freshman

jlog3000 wrote:
dunstvangeet wrote:

PAC-16

Scheduling

I like your alignment format idea, which is almost similar to mine. But about the scheduling, I'll be curious enough to look forward to, especially with a team example.

Basically, the way I have it organized, you break it down into these divisions:

East - Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah
West - Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, USC, UCLA, Washington, Washington State.

These would be further broken down into these pods
Four Corners Pod - Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah
Texhoma Pod - Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech
Northwest Pod - Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
California Pod - Cal, Stanford, UCLA, USC

And finally, these would be broken down into these rivalries / Media Markets.
Arizona / Arizona State
Colorado / Utah
Texas / Texas Tech
Oklahoma / Oklahoma State
Oregon / Oregon State
Washington / Washington State
California / Sta
UCLA / USC

It's better if I show you the rotation through a team.

So, let's take a look at the opponents for Arizona
This would be Arizona's Year 1 schedule (not put into specific weeks, of course)
Year 1 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., vs. Stanford, @ Washington St.

Year 2 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., @ UCLA, vs. Oregon

Year 3 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., vs. USC, @ Oregon St.

Year 4 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., @ Cal, vs. Washington

Year 5 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., @ Stanford, vs. Washington St.

Year 6 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., vs. UCLA, @ Oregon

Year 7 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., @ USC, vs. Oregon St.

Year 8 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., vs. Cal, @ Washington

As you can see from this schedule, Arizona would play everybody in their division (trading home and away, always playing in each media market within their conference, and hosting a team from each media market), then they'd play one team from each of the other two pods. This 8-year rotation would get them a home-away with each and every team within 8-years.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:45 am 
All-Star
All-Star

dunstvangeet wrote:
jlog3000 wrote:
dunstvangeet wrote:

PAC-16

Scheduling

Basically, the way I have it organized, you break it down into these divisions:

East - Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah
West - Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, USC, UCLA, Washington, Washington State.

These would be further broken down into these pods
Four Corners Pod - Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah
Texhoma Pod - Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech
Northwest Pod - Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
California Pod - Cal, Stanford, UCLA, USC

And finally, these would be broken down into these rivalries / Media Markets.
Arizona / Arizona State
Colorado / Utah
Texas / Texas Tech
Oklahoma / Oklahoma State
Oregon / Oregon State
Washington / Washington State
California / Sta
UCLA / USC

It's better if I show you the rotation through a team.

So, let's take a look at the opponents for Arizona
This would be Arizona's Year 1 schedule (not put into specific weeks, of course)
Year 1 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., vs. Stanford, @ Washington St.

Year 2 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., @ UCLA, vs. Oregon

Year 3 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., vs. USC, @ Oregon St.

Year 4 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., @ Cal, vs. Washington

Year 5 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., @ Stanford, vs. Washington St.

Year 6 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., vs. UCLA, @ Oregon

Year 7 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., @ USC, vs. Oregon St.

Year 8 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., vs. Cal, @ Washington

As you can see from this schedule, Arizona would play everybody in their division (trading home and away, always playing in each media market within their conference, and hosting a team from each media market), then they'd play one team from each of the other two pods. This 8-year rotation would get them a home-away with each and every team within 8-years.

Makes perfect sense in a football standpoint. But on the non-divisional rotational opponents, I was also thinking of how it would look like under the old SEC format, such as this:

Year 2 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., @ Stanford, vs. Washington St.

Year 4 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., @ USC, vs. Oregon St.

Year 5 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., vs. UCLA, @ Oregon

Year 6 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., @ UCLA, vs. Oregon

Year 7 - @ Arizona St., vs. Colorado, @ Utah, vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St., vs. Texas, @ Texas Tech., vs. Cal, @ Washington

Year 8 - vs. Arizona St., @ Colorado, vs. Utah, @ Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St., @ Texas, vs. Texas Tech., @ Cal, vs. Washington

Now I'm curious of how the basketball scheduling would look like. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:09 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Currently working on dream conferences for FCS and Division 1 Non-Football. Should be done in the next couple days.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:47 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

IlliniFan04 wrote:
Currently working on dream conferences for FCS and Division 1 Non-Football. Should be done in the next couple days.

This should be fun. Best of luck. Hope it would involve North Dakota re-joining with its other Dakota schools. :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:02 am 
Freshman
Freshman

jlog3000 wrote:
Now I'm curious of how the basketball scheduling would look like. :)

I again have a 11 week (10 weeks, plus the PAC-16 tournament held basically week 11), 18-game schedule happening. The scheduling matrix of this would be as follows: Play each team in your Pod twice (Home-away), play every other team once. So, this would go on a 2-year rotation. The main way I have this scheduled is keeping the concept of travel partners being rivals, therefore theoretically decreasing travel costs.

So, Arizona would be playing this, (weeks not included in any paticular order)

YEAR 1
WEEK A - BYE, vs. Arizona St.
WEEK B - BYE, @ Arizona St.
WEEK C - vs. Colorado, vs. Utah
WEEK D - @ Colorado, @ Utah
WEEK E - vs. Oklahoma, vs. Oklahoma St.
WEEK F - @ Texas, @ Texas Tech
WEEK G - vs. Cal, vs. Stanford
WEEK H - @ USC, @ UCLA
WEEK I - vs. Oregon, vs. Oregon St.
WEEK J - @ Washington, @ Washington St.

YEAR 2
WEEK A - BYE, vs. Arizona St.
WEEK B - BYE, @ Arizona St.
WEEK C - vs. Colorado, vs. Utah
WEEK D - @ Colorado, @ Utah
WEEK E - @ Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma St.
WEEK F - vs. Texas, vs. Texas Tech
WEEK G - @ Cal, @ Stanford
WEEK H - vs. USC, vs. UCLA
WEEK I - @ Oregon, @ Oregon St.
WEEK J - vs. Washington, vs. Washington St.

I have been playing around with trying to match teams from different rivals as travel partners (that way you have Men's basketball going in all 8 media markets live at one point), but I haven't quite decided on that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next