NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:24 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:17 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

So what do you think the lineups will look like in 2030?

Here's my take:

ACC-14
Boston College
Clemson
Connecticut
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Miami (FL)
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Pittsburgh
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Big 12
Baylor
BYU
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
TCU

Big East
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Charlotte
Delaware
East Carolina
Georgia St.
Louisville
Memphis
South Florida
West Virginia
Temple
UCF

Big 14 (formerly Big Ten)
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Missouri
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers
Syracuse
Wisconsin

Conference USA
Houston
Middle Tennessee St.
Rice
Southern Methodist
Southern Miss
Tulane
Tulsa
Texas St.
Troy
UAB
UTEP
UTSA

IA Independents
Army
Navy
Notre Dame

Mid-American
Akron
Ball State
Bowling Green
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Kent State
Marshall
Miami (OH)
Northern Illinois
Ohio
Toledo
Western Michigan

Mountain West
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
Hawaii
Idaho
Montana
New Mexico
Nevada
San Diego State
UNLV
Utah State
Wyoming

Pacific-12
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington
Washington State

SEC
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

WAC/Sunbelt:
EAST:
FIU
Florida Atlantic
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana – Monroe
Missouri St.
Western Kentucky

WEST:
Arkansas St.
Fresno State
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
North Texas
San Jose State

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:16 am 
Senior
Senior

I could see all that happening in the next 20 years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:53 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Under this scenerio (where the Big 10 takes SU and RU), I would be extremely happy if Pitt ended up in the ACC. JMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:28 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

panthersc97 wrote:
Under this scenerio (where the Big 10 takes SU and RU), I would be extremely happy if Pitt ended up in the ACC. JMO.

I kinda looked at it like the ACC left with so few other options in the northeast to chose from might turn to Pitt to add to the presence with BC and UConn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:47 am 
All-Star
All-Star

No way the MWC takes Utah St., Montana, Idaho or Hawaii over Fresno St.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:32 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
No way the MWC takes Utah St., Montana, Idaho or Hawaii over Fresno St.

We're talking 20 years from now. There's no way to know what these programs will all look like. Fresno could be a glorified SJSU by that time. Idaho and Utah St. could make progress over 20 years...not to mention the MWC would have a school in Utah since they would be without Utah and BYU.

One thing though...I think if Montana upgraded tomorrow, they'd be a more attractive MWC option than Fresno St would. They would likely need some time in the WAC first, but it's a more stable program even with a coaching change and being in FCs right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:29 am 
All-Star
All-Star

what? has being good in the FCS warped your mind when it comes to Montana? Put them in the WAC they are middle of the pack at best. Fresno St. would go 11-0 in the Big Sky every year too BFD! Good thing you aren't in-charge of the MWC. Fresno has had a solid football/baseball program for over 25 years. I don't see that changing. MWC would want Boise St., Nevada, Fresno St., Houston, UTEP, Hawaii. Probably in that order. There is no world that would take Idaho or Montana ahead of those. You might as well put N.Dakota St. in the Big 12 & Appalachian St. in the SEC. Oh and if Utah, BYU and TCU left you could forget about Houston or UTEP wanting to join and that would give Utah St. a shot if they went to 12.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:05 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
what? has being good in the FCS warped your mind when it comes to Montana? Put them in the WAC they are middle of the pack at best. Fresno St. would go 11-0 in the Big Sky every year too BFD! Good thing you aren't in-charge of the MWC. Fresno has had a solid football/baseball program for over 25 years. I don't see that changing. MWC would want Boise St., Nevada, Fresno St., Houston, UTEP, Hawaii. Probably in that order. There is no world that would take Idaho or Montana ahead of those. You might as well put N.Dakota St. in the Big 12 & Appalachian St. in the SEC. Oh and if Utah, BYU and TCU left you could forget about Houston or UTEP wanting to join and that would give Utah St. a shot if they went to 12.

I get you're a fan. That's great. But this is a dream conferences for 20 years down the road. We could very well be the United States of China by then. And when looking at the directions conferences might go down and the opportunities for given schools due to resources (Idaho and Montana flagship schools for the state, previous interest by other west schools for a Montana upgrade) i have less confidence Fresno able to find the immediate growth they would need to become a more attractive candidate. Perhaps it's because I live in California and see the budget issues with schools like Fresno who frankly can't afford football like many other CA schools.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 am 
All-Star
All-Star

There is no other school in CA within 3 hrs north south east west of Fresno St. w/ football. Cal Poly, UC Davis 3 hrs. UCLA, USC, Sanford 3 1/2 hrs. Fresno St. won't get rid of football. the City has 481,000 people plus all the cities close by with anywhere from 100,000 to 10,000 people. Thus the V for Valley on the back of the helmet we are the Central Valley's team. Our 16,500 seat bkball arena built in 2004 is pretty good too. We just made 540K off of the Fiesta Bowl. Thanks Boise St. I can still give you sh*t about your dream conference just like any of you can give me sh*t about mine. Most of the time the regulars in here are on the same page when it comes to who will go where.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:04 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Beijing St. to the Big East :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:01 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
There is no other school in CA within 3 hrs north south east west of Fresno St. w/ football. Cal Poly, UC Davis 3 hrs. UCLA, USC, Sanford 3 1/2 hrs. Fresno St. won't get rid of football. the City has 481,000 people plus all the cities close by with anywhere from 100,000 to 10,000 people. Thus the V for Valley on the back of the helmet we are the Central Valley's team. Our 16,500 seat bkball arena built in 2004 is pretty good too. We just made 540K off of the Fiesta Bowl. Thanks Boise St. I can still give you sh*t about your dream conference just like any of you can give me sh*t about mine. Most of the time the regulars in here are on the same page when it comes to who will go where.

In the past i certainly viewed Fresno St. as a program with potential come the future. But since they've lost their momentum, I'm not as confident. But the bigger issue has to do with the economic condition of the Cal State schools. It's real bad. And we're talking about a state that has had many football programs dropped outright the past 2 decades. A state that once had not only the Pac-10 schools, has lost all the Big West football programs with the exception of FCs level Sac St (UC Davis is a recent upgrade). If the budget crisis remains, Fresno and SJSU are going to have to rely on a WAC team making the BCS each year because the state budget is just ugly right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:38 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

We always play a lot of BCS schools on the road to make money. Football is not in bad shape. I watch the local news every night and I have a brother that's a senior at Fresno St. They are choosing other options to make cuts like teachers and the amount of classes. Tuition has been raised from $903 a semester in the late 90's & 2000 to $2300 now. Fresno would cut everything else before they cut football. They know that's the thing that brings the valley together if it goes then Fresno St. will be CSU-Whogivesashit. If Fresno wants to rekindle its sports they need to FIRE Pat Hill. I don't wanna be 8-5 and 2nd or 3rd in the WAC every year. I'll take the Texas Tech coach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:43 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

This was Idaho's 1st winning season since 1998 oh and we still beat them over there. As ho hum as you think we are we are better than Utah St., Idaho, Montana, UTEP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:42 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
This was Idaho's 1st winning season since 1998 oh and we still beat them over there. As ho hum as you think we are we are better than Utah St., Idaho, Montana, UTEP

In my 20 year scenario, whether the BCS exists or not, the MWC is on the same playing field as the BCS 6. So let's just assume it's still the bCs with 7 autobids. I just don't place the emphasis on "on-field" performance as you do. The ACC did not place the emphasis in 2003 either when they chose Syracuse and BC over Virginia Tech. Perhaps 20 years from now Fresno will be a powerhouse, able to recruit all the best qualified players like the Pac 10 does. But there are so many other factors against Fresno such as recruiting standards and the California budget crisis. But 20 years from now that might not be the case. As an alum, best of luck with that. Check back with me in 20 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:26 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

If we pretend on the field and market don't matter than Gonzaga will be in the MWC. Chicago will be back in the Big 10. VT, BC and Miami are all good at football lets not kid ourselves. Idaho has sh*t for a stadium I don't care how good your academics are you won't be looked at by the MWC with that thing. Maybe they get some kickass 50K seat stadium and start out recruiting Boise St. probably not though. Fresno won't be awesome in 20 years they'll just be good like usual. If Boise St. leaves we have a shot at a WAC title if we can beat Nevada.