NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:51 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

So what do you think the lineups will look like in 2030?

Here's my take:

ACC-14
Boston College
Clemson
Connecticut
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Miami (FL)
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Pittsburgh
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Big 12
Baylor
BYU
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
TCU

Big East
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Charlotte
Delaware
East Carolina
Georgia St.
Louisville
Memphis
South Florida
West Virginia
Temple
UCF

Big 14 (formerly Big Ten)
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Missouri
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers
Syracuse
Wisconsin

Conference USA
Houston
Middle Tennessee St.
Rice
Southern Methodist
Southern Miss
Tulane
Tulsa
Texas St.
Troy
UAB
UTEP
UTSA

IA Independents
Army
Navy
Notre Dame

Mid-American
Akron
Ball State
Bowling Green
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Kent State
Marshall
Miami (OH)
Northern Illinois
Ohio
Toledo
Western Michigan

Mountain West
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
Hawaii
Idaho
Montana
New Mexico
Nevada
San Diego State
UNLV
Utah State
Wyoming

Pacific-12
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington
Washington State

SEC
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

WAC/Sunbelt:
EAST:
FIU
Florida Atlantic
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana – Monroe
Missouri St.
Western Kentucky

WEST:
Arkansas St.
Fresno State
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
North Texas
San Jose State

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:10 pm 
Senior
Senior

in 30 years i see he sun belt conference looking like this:

North Texas
Louisiana Monroe
Louisiana Lafayette
Arkansas State.
Texas-San Antonio
Texas State
Lamar
Louisiana Tech

I can see it as a primary Texas conference

Us National Soccer Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Dream lineup is not my cup of tea. You are mistaking me liking to argue over being upset. I'll stop now. I did ask you awhile back if you wanted me to stop cuz it was your site. If you woulda said yeah it woulda ended then. You didn't so I figure you wanted us to take more jabs at each other. There are some site leaders like the AGS leader that can't take someone critiquing what he says and you get banned. You and Chris are not like that. Wow Delaware in the BE didn't even notice that the 1st time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

ACC - same since 2010
Big 10 - added Notre Dame
Big 12 - lost Colorado, added Memphis
Conference USA - lost Houston, Memphis, and Central Florida; added Louisiana Tech, Florida Atlantic, and Florida International
Metro - football members of Big East split; added Temple and Central Florida
Mid-American - lost Temple
Mountain West - lost Colorado State; added Houston, Fresno State, Boise State and Nevada
Pac 12 - added Colorado and Colorado State
Sun Belt - added football from UALR and South Alabama; lost non-football members New Orleans and Denver; lost full members Florida Atlantic and Florida International; added full members Texas State, UTSA, and Lamar
SEC - same since 2010
WAC - lost Louisiana Tech, Fresno State, Boise State, and Nevada; added Sacramento State, UC Davis, Cal Poly SLO, Portland State, Montana, and Montana State

CAA (I-A): Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Charlotte, Appalachian State, James Madison, Old Dominion, Towson, Navy, Delaware, Massachusetts, Stony Brook, Army

Missouri Valley (I-A): North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Minnesota State (Mankato), St. Cloud State, Wichita State, Missouri State, Illinois State, Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa, Indiana State

Big East - Villanova, Georgetown, Providence, St. John's, Seton Hall, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, Dayton, Detroit Mercy, St. Louis, Holy Cross

Atlantic 12 - Richmond, George Washington, Duquesne, St. Bonaventure, St. Joseph's, La Salle, Fordham, Drexel, Northeastern, Hofstra, Bucknell, Colgate

Horizon - loses Detroit Mercy; adds Evansville

Summit - loses North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Southern Utah; adds Creighton, Drake, Bradley, Northern Kentucky, Bellarmine

Southern - loses Appalachian State, Georgia Southern; adds UNC-Wilmington and Kennesaw State

America East - loses Stony Brook; adds Rhode Island, VCU, George Mason, William & Mary

Big Sky - loses Montana, Montana State, Sacramento State, Northern Arizona; adds Southern Utah, Utah Valley, Denver, Central Washington, and Seattle

Big West - loses Cal Poly SLO, UC Davis; adds Northern Arizona, Grand Canyon

Atlantic Sun - loses Kennesaw State, Campbell; adds American, Longwood, West Florida

MAAC - adds Lafayette, Lehigh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
first off quit joking that Syracuse is better than BC in football. When was the last time they were good? That's like saying SJSU is better than Nevada because the won more BWC titles. No one cares what happened 10, 15 years ago. Most conferences want the hot school. I don't see the MWC talking to Fresno St. or Hawaii(who was in a bcs game 3 yrs ago) They're only talking to Boise St. who has been better the last 1o years, who can blame them. I'll give WV being better than BC but its hard to finish higher than 3rd when Miami and VT are in your conf. and like you said as soon as they left who was the co-champ. BC!

SU was also co-champ! LOL!!!

Anyway, on the one hand, you are saying that conferences want the hot school. Then, one the other hand, you are saying that they want the better 'program' over the last say 10 years prior to actual expansion.

Let's look at this closely.

So, ACC expansion happened in 2003 and talks started in 1999. So, the time period between 1994-2003 is important which ironically, is around the time the BE FB conference started. Since I have already posted their conference records and championships: SU, WVu > BC. So, based on the 10 years OVERALL, it's SU and WVu. And I'm not even bringing up the issue about the 'gambling scandel' in 1996 - that's within that 10 year timeframe.

So, let's look at the 'hot program' part (my guess is that you mean more than just ONE good year). Now, I agree that in the few years prior to 2003, BC >SU. However, WVu and Pitt > BC over this same time. Both Pitt and WVu finished higher than VT (VT being part of the best teams of the BE) in 2002 and 2003 (Pitt tied for 2nd in 2001 with VT).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:30 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Dream lineup is not my cup of tea. You are mistaking me liking to argue over being upset. I'll stop now. I did ask you awhile back if you wanted me to stop cuz it was your site. If you woulda said yeah it woulda ended then. You didn't so I figure you wanted us to take more jabs at each other. There are some site leaders like the AGS leader that can't take someone critiquing what he says and you get banned. You and Chris are not like that. Wow Delaware in the BE didn't even notice that the 1st time.

It's all good, FSA. The only people who get banned here are spammers. We haven't had to ban anyone because we all seem to keep a good level of civility. This site might not be as much fun as some of the other ones that have dedicated "smack" boards. The rationale being that the topics of discussion aren't really catered to that type of behavior.

But the last thing I want to do is alienate a member of this forum. So it's not about telling someone to "stop" as much as it's about conveying to someone that there was no intent in what was being posted. We're not talking about San Jose St. to the Pac-10 instead of Texas or Colorado...we're talking about schools that are at least more closer to each other (Nevada, Fresno St. Idaho, Montana) since they are mostly in the same conference, than say SJSU is to Texas. Not intent on my end to ruffle anyones feathers ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:09 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I like this board better because it talks about the thing that interests me most in college. What conf are you in and where are you gonna go. Also Who's moving to D-I, D-II, D-III, NAIA. I have a notebook with all of those conf. schools/mascot also the USCAA, NCCAA, and CIS. I think I posted this on one of the boards I'm on.

SU was co-champs with BC? Damn it seems like that haven't been good since the 90's. There are lots of factors when picking a new member market, track record, kind of school etc... I think that the B10 will be most interested in market and school type over track record. That's why I have Syracuse in the B10. However Syracuse is pretty damn good when it comes to bkball which is the #2 college sport.

In a conf like the MWC or WAC. The hot school or school who's been good the last few years will win out. Boise St. is the easy pick if the MWC goes to 10. They have dominated the WAC the last 10 years in football. Kind of school matters more to the PAC 10 so if they go to 12 Colorado who hasn't been good for a while would win out over Boise St. also Denver market is bigger than Boise's

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:35 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno,

Actually, SU was BE champ at 6-6 (4-2 in the BE)! That was the year of the 4 way tie as BC, Pitt, WVu, and SU were ALL champs and Pitt went to the Fiesta against Utah by virtue of it's higher BCS rank over SU (both SU and Pitt were 2-1 while BC and WVu were 1-2 in the BE tiebreaker - ie their records against the other three opponents).

I didn't mean to keep talking about this specific point and it wasn't necessarily because of you. It's just that when I kept seeing those same comments in the media, it really bugged me because the data doesn't show that. Did it help with that perception when BC went on a roll in the ACC and SU went further into the depths of oblivion? You bet! However, as I said, it just seemed like the talking heads were all repeating it which is why I wanted to say something.

I think all of those factors you mention play into expansion. I also think Omnicarrier put it best when he said time and circumstance are the two main reasons for conference membership and affiliations today. I mean who would have thought 20 years ago where Boise is today or that UConn is in FBS. Heck, Rutgers applied for admission in the ACC in 1995. SU was 'lukewarm' to ACC expansion in 1990 (when they expanded with FSU). Pitt was denied Big 10 admission in the 40s (Big 9 went with MSU), etc, etc. Tulane was in the SEC!

Cheers!

Panther

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:36 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

And the SoCon was awesome. wayyyyyyyy back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:17 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

I think there will be alot of pressure for all the BCS conferences to have atleast 12 teams so they can have two divisions and a conference title game. This is how it will probably pan out:

The Big Ten adds Pittsburg to bring it up to 12 teams.

The Pac Ten adds Colorado and Utah to bring them up to 12 teams.

The Big Twelve adds TCU to replace Colorado.

The Big East splits into two conferences for football and basketball.

Then the Big East would have to add 5 football teams if they wanted to keep up with all the other BCS conferences that have 12 teams. This is where it gets complicated. They would have to choose 5 teams out of this group: Memphis, East Carolina, Marshall, Notre Dame, Army, Navy, Buffalo, Temple, Ohio, and Central Michigan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

akwart wrote:
I think there will be alot of pressure for all the BCS conferences to have atleast 12 teams so they can have two divisions and a conference title game. This is how it will probably pan out:

The Big Ten adds Pittsburg to bring it up to 12 teams.

The Pac Ten adds Colorado and Utah to bring them up to 12 teams.

The Big Twelve adds TCU to replace Colorado.

The Big East splits into two conferences for football and basketball.

Then the Big East would have to add 5 football teams if they wanted to keep up with all the other BCS conferences that have 12 teams. This is where it gets complicated. They would have to choose 5 teams out of this group: Memphis, East Carolina, Marshall, Notre Dame, Army, Navy, Buffalo, Temple, Ohio, and Central Michigan.

I've posted it elsewhere on this forum, but I do think that the "good gesture" move the BCS could do to appease the non-BCS conference schools would be to FORCE a conference to have 12 members in order to be eligible for a BCS autobid.

And I also think the MWC should get a 7th autobid.

In doing so, you'd add more schools to the BCS:
Big Ten adds 1 (Notre Dame)
Big East adds 4 (Memphis, UCF, ECU, Temple)
Pac 10 adds 2 (Utah from MWC and Colorado from B12)
Big 12 adds 1 (TCU from MWC)
MWC adds 5 (takes 5 WAC schools)

CUSA (now at 9, adds 3 from Sunbelt such as No. Texas, LA Tech, Troy)
WAC (now at 4, merges with the 5-6 Sunbelt schools left)

If the BCS forced this move, you'd have 11 new schools in BCS conferences.