CollegeSportsInfo.com Forums
http://collegesportsinfo.com/forum/

NCAA Map Updates
http://collegesportsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4085
Page 14 of 18

Author:  tute79 [ Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

OK, thanks.

I read the story on Senior Reports. It said Dickinson State was invited as the 6th school, so we know if they accepted ?
Is the North Star Conference conference going to sponsor FB ? I was not sure if Presentation has a FB team or not....

Author:  hickory_cornhusker [ Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

tute79 wrote:
OK, thanks.

I read the story on Senior Reports. It said Dickinson State was invited as the 6th school, so we know if they accepted ?
Is the North Star Conference conference going to sponsor FB ? I was not sure if Presentation has a FB team or not....


I haven't read anything that says they are sponsoring football or not but I imagine they would. All 6 have football. Presentation started their team in 2011.

Author:  Fresno St. Alum [ Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

hickory_cornhusker wrote:
tute79 wrote:
OK, thanks.

I read the story on Senior Reports. It said Dickinson State was invited as the 6th school, so we know if they accepted ?
Is the North Star Conference conference going to sponsor FB ? I was not sure if Presentation has a FB team or not....


I haven't read anything that says they are sponsoring football or not but I imagine they would. All 6 have football. Presentation started their team in 2011.

Presentation has football, they've been playing in D-III

Author:  Fresno St. Alum [ Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

Dalton St.(GA) to the NAIA applying to SSAC and AAC.

Author:  Fresno St. Alum [ Tue May 07, 2013 3:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

Oakland to the Horizon

Author:  Fresno St. Alum [ Tue May 07, 2013 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

Davidson to the A10

Author:  TKthunder [ Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Oakland to the Horizon
Done
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Davidson to the A10
Done and uploaded the NCAAD1 map

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
I added some D-II schools w/o fb looking at D-I, fixed conf. names in D-II, like GNWAC is GNAC. No Concordia(GA) it's Concordia-Selma(AL). I took them out of NAIA they're unaffiliated. Added Missouri Bapt. fb to NAIA Indy, they start in 2015.


NCAA D3 fb map: Removed Presentation (now NAIA)
DONE and uploaded

NAIA fb map: Removed Concordia-Selma (not NAIA), added Missouri Baptist (Indy), added Presentation and moved all Dakota schools to new North Star Conference (except Dakota Wesleyan).
DONE uploaded

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Dalton St.(GA) to the NAIA applying to SSAC and AAC.
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Move SAGU to the SAC
Move Texas Wesleyan to the SAC
Move SW Christian to the SAC from NAIA D-II.

When the D-II map is up move Dickinson St. to North Star Conf.

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
I added some D-II schools w/o fb looking at D-I, fixed conf. names in D-II, like GNWAC is GNAC. No Concordia(GA) it's Concordia-Selma(AL). I took them out of NAIA they're unaffiliated. Added Missouri Bapt. fb to NAIA Indy, they start in 2015.


NAIA D1 bb map: removed Dickinson St (now D2 NSC), moved SAGU and Texas Wesleyan to SAC, add SW Christian (to SAC from D2), added Dalton St.(GA) as Indy

DONE and uploaded

Still working...

NAIA D2 bb map: still making...please keep the google doc up to date for me and I'll go over them all again before I upload.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... MUXc#gid=5

Author:  Fresno St. Alum [ Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Oakland to the Horizon
Done
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Davidson to the A10
Done and uploaded the NCAAD1 map

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
I added some D-II schools w/o fb looking at D-I, fixed conf. names in D-II, like GNWAC is GNAC. No Concordia(GA) it's Concordia-Selma(AL). I took them out of NAIA they're unaffiliated. Added Missouri Bapt. fb to NAIA Indy, they start in 2015.


NCAA D3 fb map: Removed Presentation (now NAIA)
DONE and uploaded

NAIA fb map: Removed Concordia-Selma (not NAIA), added Missouri Baptist (Indy), added Presentation and moved all Dakota schools to new North Star Conference (except Dakota Wesleyan).
DONE uploaded

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Dalton St.(GA) to the NAIA applying to SSAC and AAC.
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Move SAGU to the SAC
Move Texas Wesleyan to the SAC
Move SW Christian to the SAC from NAIA D-II.

When the D-II map is up move Dickinson St. to North Star Conf.

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
I added some D-II schools w/o fb looking at D-I, fixed conf. names in D-II, like GNWAC is GNAC. No Concordia(GA) it's Concordia-Selma(AL). I took them out of NAIA they're unaffiliated. Added Missouri Bapt. fb to NAIA Indy, they start in 2015.


NAIA D1 bb map: removed Dickinson St (now D2 NSC), moved SAGU and Texas Wesleyan to SAC, add SW Christian (to SAC from D2), added Dalton St.(GA) as Indy

DONE and uploaded

Still working...

NAIA D2 bb map: still making...please keep the google doc up to date for me and I'll go over them all again before I upload.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... MUXc#gid=5

I think I did didn't I?

Author:  Fresno St. Alum [ Thu May 09, 2013 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

Is there something wrong w/ the wiki map page? On the part where it shows the edits and the map small it doesn't have your current edit but I can see Oakland and Davidson in the right conf., however when I click on it has them in the old one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Colle ... _teams.png

Author:  TKthunder [ Fri May 10, 2013 8:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
I think I did didn't I?


You have been just but a few things slipped by us like removing SW Christian from NAIAd2, adding Dalton St. as an indy, add Missouri Baptist fb as indy...etc

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Is there something wrong w/ the wiki map page? On the part where it shows the edits and the map small it doesn't have your current edit but I can see Oakland and Davidson in the right conf., however when I click on it has them in the old one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Colle ... _teams.png


Wiki's mods have transitions the map to wiki commons, I may need to change the links to start pulling the commons page.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... _teams.png

Author:  Fresno St. Alum [ Fri May 10, 2013 3:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
I think I did didn't I?


You have been just but a few things slipped by us like removing SW Christian from NAIAd2, adding Dalton St. as an indy, add Missouri Baptist fb as indy...etc

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Is there something wrong w/ the wiki map page? On the part where it shows the edits and the map small it doesn't have your current edit but I can see Oakland and Davidson in the right conf., however when I click on it has them in the old one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Colle ... _teams.png


Wiki's mods have transitions the map to wiki commons, I may need to change the links to start pulling the commons page.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... _teams.png


You're speaking spanish to me right now, I only speak english and ilokano(flip dialect)

Missouri Baptist just joined the Mid States west for fb.

Author:  munichcfbfan [ Sun May 12, 2013 3:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

I have - at least for a German - this strange hobby of conference realignment. In the midnineties I have been living and working for one year in the US (mainly New Jersey and New York) . Actually my favourite sports besides soccer is american footbal. Here in Germany we got paytv where I can watch espn college football.
Conference realignment is some kind of a chess game. If one school moves, whan are the others doing. There a so many possiblities and I like to speculate of coming members or conference setups.

2011 I a ran a report on http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
to get more information about schools who sponsor collegiate sports. I included NCAA division 1 to 3 and NAIA. It was a very fuzzy work bring all these data on my excel sheet.
I also choosed total enrollment (graduate and undergradate studentpopulation), albeit I knew that for collegiate sports undergraduate enrollment is a very important factor.
For a university as a whole, I think total enrollment weighs more. I also searched for religious affiliation and HBCU. If you have Excel 2007 you can filter very simple for different criteria. I updated NAIA (complete) Divison 2 (but not the football conferences) and Division 1 (complete). Division 3 is not completed yet. Status 2011 recllassyfying schools 2012 included.

Also take into account that these are the enrollemnt numbers from fall 2011. There maybe still some errors inside the table. But I tried to be very accurate and looked up a lot of athletic webistes.
My dream is, to have a searchable Database interface where you can search much easier instead of filtering. Unfortunately I am not an IT specialist to do that. MAybe there is somenone on the boards who can do that.
Note: Some schools have a much higher enrollment than actualle living on campus. Troy and Liberty for examply for example needs to be corrected.
If somebody wants to help me to bring that table to an uptodate status, it will be very appreciated.

Here are two a public links (one is the complete datsheet the other is only a short version for division 1
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9ItpHx ... sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9ItpHx ... sp=sharing

Author:  munichcfbfan [ Sun May 12, 2013 3:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

I have - at least for a German - this strange hobby of conference realignment. In the midnineties I have been living and working for one year in the US (mainly New Jersey and New York) . Actually my favourite sports besides soccer is american footbal. Here in Germany we got paytv where I can watch espn college football.
Conference realignment is some kind of a chess game. If one school moves, whan are the others doing. There a so many possiblities and I like to speculate of coming members or conference setups.

2011 I a ran a report on http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
to get more information about schools who sponsor collegiate sports. I included NCAA division 1 to 3 and NAIA. It was a very fuzzy work bring all these data on my excel sheet.
I also choosed total enrollment (graduate and undergradate studentpopulation), albeit I knew that for collegiate sports undergraduate enrollment is a very important factor.
For a university as a whole, I think total enrollment weighs more. I also searched for religious affiliation and HBCU. If you have Excel 2007 you can filter very simple for different criteria. I updated NAIA (complete) Divison 2 (but not the football conferences) and Division 1 (complete). Division 3 is not completed yet. Status 2011 recllassyfying schools 2012 included.

Also take into account that these are the enrollemnt numbers from fall 2011. There maybe still some errors inside the table. But I tried to be very accurate and looked up a lot of athletic webistes.
My dream is, to have a searchable Database interface where you can search much easier instead of filtering. Unfortunately I am not an IT specialist to do that. MAybe there is somenone on the boards who can do that.
Note: Some schools have a much higher enrollment than actualle living on campus. Troy and Liberty for examply for example needs to be corrected.
If somebody wants to help me to bring that table to an uptodate status, it will be very appreciated.

Here is a public link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtItp HxNe-PUdFhCT01ZR3FhaENEWUdIVThLVmhLWkE&usp=sha ring

Author:  tute79 [ Mon May 13, 2013 10:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

Fresno -

When Mo-Bap joins the Mid-States Football League -West there will be 8 in the West (Midwest Div.) and 6 in the East (Mideast Div.).
I assume one of the 3 CCAC teams in the west (Olivet Nazarene, St. Francis, Trnity Intl) will switch over to the East to join St. Xavier.

Any announcement of who it will be ?

Thanks,
Tute

Author:  Fresno St. Alum [ Mon May 13, 2013 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NCAA Map Updates

There will be 16 members when Mo Bapt, Lindenwood-Belleville, Robert Morris join.

Page 14 of 18 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/