NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:22 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: NCAA Map Updates
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:57 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I updated the NCAA bids by school/conf. to 2014-15 conf.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men% ... conference

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NAIA Map: D-I
William Jessup to GSAC
Lindenwood-Belleville from Indy to AMC
St.Louis Pharmacy to AMC
Dalton St. from Indy to SSAC
Auburn-Montomery to SSAC
Voorhees from Indy to GCAC
St.Catherine to MSC
Shawnee St. to MSC
LSU-Alexanderia to RRAC
Southwest Assemblies of God change to SAGU
Robert Morris(IL) dropped to NAIA D-II
Bluefield dropped to NAIA D-II
Northwood(TX) dropped athletics

Belhaven to NCAA D-III
Virginia-Wise to NCAA D-II
Emanuel to NCAA D-II
Southern Wesleyan to NCAA D-II

Applying to NCAA D-II
CS San Marcos, Concordia(CA), Westminster(UT), Oklahoma Baptist, Georgetown(KY), Cumberland(TN)

Are you going to do a NAIA D-II map?

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:12 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NAIA Fb Map
Grand View from Mid States MW to HAAC
William Penn from Mid States MW to HAAC
Waldorf from Mid States MW to NSC
Lyon to CSFL
Robert Morris to Mid States ME
St.Xavier to Mid States MW
Missouri Baptist from Indy to Mid States MW
Lindenwood-Belleville from Indy to Mid States MW
TSC: Point, Ave Maria, Warner, Edward Waters, Webber International, Southeastern(FL)
Arizona Christian to Indy
Davenport to Indy

Belhaven to NCAA D-III

Applied for NCAA D-II
Georgetown(KY), Cumberland(TN), Oklahoma Baptist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:35 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I tried to do a map, i used paint.net. I don't know how to load it to wiki. NAIA fb. Updated.

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:49 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

You have to go to the file in wiki, then click the "commons" icon which will take you to the page where you can scroll down and find the link to upload a new file.

The file must keep the exact same name so you need to rename the file to match.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
You have to go to the file in wiki, then click the "commons" icon which will take you to the page where you can scroll down and find the link to upload a new file.

I loaded it, it says my changes but still shows the old map. For NCAA D-II & NAIA D-I, NAIA fb. All 3 show that I edited the map, but all 3 maps still show the older version you did. So if you want to start on the NAIA D-II map, you can load it a few schools at a time, then I can do some until we complete it. You just have to make the original page.

What font do you use? I used Tahoma, it seemed to look like yours.

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:24 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

D-II updated w/o the schools that applied in 2014.

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:12 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NAIA D-I map updated, still has the schools that applied to D-II in it. I reloaded D-I w/ William Penn and Grand View in the HAAC

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
tkalmus wrote:

I loaded it, it says my changes but still shows the old map. For NCAA D-II & NAIA D-I, NAIA fb. All 3 show that I edited the map, but all 3 maps still show the older version you did. So if you want to start on the NAIA D-II map, you can load it a few schools at a time, then I can do some until we complete it. You just have to make the original page.

This is that issue I explained a few pages back...

Once they moved my maps from wiki to wiki commons it now has a bad lag period in uploads, the only way to force it through is to simply reload the maps again, but it will eventually load correctly.

I've made the original page for NAIA DII...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NAIA_DII_bb_map.png

It needs lots of work, but at least I have it somewhat started.

The font is Tahoma, Western, 8 point, Bold for the school names.

Same for the header/title but the size is 32point, and same for the conference legend (which I've been trying to standardize) but its a 10 point font that is NOT bolded.

Sorry I've fallen down on these lately, since my work gave me a laptop I haven't been on my personal one (which has the maps/paint) very often which i used to just update while I was watching sports center/basketball/baseball.

Are you updating the football ones too or just the bball ones? I also picked up managing the baseball one a while back too. I've never touched the LAX or Hockey ones.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:46 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
tkalmus wrote:

This is that issue I explained a few pages back...

Once they moved my maps from wiki to wiki commons it now has a bad lag period in uploads, the only way to force it through is to simply reload the maps again, but it will eventually load correctly.

I've made the original page for NAIA DII...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NAIA_DII_bb_map.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It needs lots of work, but at least I have it somewhat started.

The font is Tahoma, Western, 8 point, Bold for the school names.

Same for the header/title but the size is 32point, and same for the conference legend (which I've been trying to standardize) but its a 10 point font that is NOT bolded.

Sorry I've fallen down on these lately, since my work gave me a laptop I haven't been on my personal one (which has the maps/paint) very often which i used to just update while I was watching sports center/basketball/baseball.

Are you updating the football ones too or just the bball ones? I also picked up managing the baseball one a while back too. I've never touched the LAX or Hockey ones.

I was gonna help w/ the D-I, D-II, NAIA D-I, NAIA D-II bball. I did the NAIA fb but I used the wrong font on the parts I updated. I've never done the fbs or fcs or D-II football but have them all in my notebook. Ones w/ dots are in the right spots and the ones w/o need to be put into place. For where they go, if they don't have fb to use that map I just wiki the school and it tells me what city, then I click on the city and wiki shows me where it is in the state.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I added all the schools to NAIA D-II and finished the TSC and CPC. I made a key of the conferences.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... bb_map.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:25 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
I added all the schools to NAIA D-II and finished the TSC and CPC. I made a key of the conferences.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... bb_map.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, I might chip in on this tonight.

Since we are both updating make sure that before you start updating that you use the last version saved on Wiki (if it wasn't you making the last update).

Also try not to put anything over the borders of the states, it makes it really hard to move schools around to make room...its just a guideline not a set rule but it makes it easier on us, and sometimes its unavoidable but the best way to squeeze schools in is to use a single line and write the name away from the dot.

And thanks for doing the key, but (and I know I didn't specify) the names should be in black like they are for NCAA DI, no biggie though.

Thanks again FSA.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... bb_map.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, I might chip in on this tonight.

Since we are both updating make sure that before you start updating that you use the last version saved on Wiki (if it wasn't you making the last update).

Also try not to put anything over the borders of the states, it makes it really hard to move schools around to make room...its just a guideline not a set rule but it makes it easier on us, and sometimes its unavoidable but the best way to squeeze schools in is to use a single line and write the name away from the dot.

And thanks for doing the key, but (and I know I didn't specify) the names should be in black like they are for NCAA DI, no biggie though.

Thanks again FSA.

That would have saved me some time. After I did the whole set I noticed it was bold so I had to do it all over. I copy and pasted the other 2 keys. I'm on vacation. wifi at the hotel is meh at best. I'll see if I can do some late night work tomorrow when I get back.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:19 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NAIA D-II Virginia Intermont dropping athletics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:44 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
NAIA D-II Virginia Intermont dropping athletics

Finished the CCC, MCAC, MCC, AAC, western Indys on the NAIA D-II map

Done earlier, CPC, TSC, KCAC, GPAC, NSC

To do list, CCAC, WHAC, CL, KIAC, Wilberforce, Rochester, IU-Northwest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next