NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:56 am 

Quote:

I believe part of that is exaggerated...I don't know of any full-time student that takes 24 credit hours!!! Maybe it's different in Florida, but where i'm from and probably most places it would take 7 or 8 classes to get 24 hours...

The article says 24 hours for the year - 12 hours/semester is full time at FAU.

I agree with you that $300 isn't really that much for fees, especially considering how low the cost for attending FAU is generally (http://www.fau.edu/admin/fiscal/controller/fees.htm). Many schools have fees for some really odd things, and for a lot more. I'm currently paying $1,044 at UT-Austin per year for fees that include stutues fee, gym renovation fee, international education fee, recreational sports fee, information technology fee, student union fee, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:37 pm 
Does anyone have any early attendance figures for the schools "in jeopardy"? Also, while I am asking questions, what is it about the karma thing? Does 0 karma mean that I have neither insulted or praised anyone for awhile?

FBfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Any update on this? I doubt they would kick out a BCS member school (boy, would that be funny) but Duke is only averaging 17k this year.

However, they do have a home game against FSU and WF left on the schedule. I am surprised that the VT game only had 25k - I thought VT would bring more fans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:21 am 
Senior
Senior

In post #20 of the United Basketball Conference Thread, Metropolitan wrote:

"Another case in point is Rynearson Stadium just down the road from me in Ypsilanti, MI. Thats the stadium for Eastern Michigan University. The Stadium was expanded in 1991 from 22,000 to 33,000, from a threat that if they didn't expand it, then the MAC would cease to be a I-A conference. So the taxpayers of the state of Michigan foot the bill to expand it. Guess what? The attendance has never averaged more than 11,000 over its history, last year they averaged 6,000 and the largest crowd ever there was 24,000, some 9,000 short of capacity. The stadium has never been filled. There are seats that no one has ever sat in. What a waste of money."

This would suggest that EMU was in danger of not meeting the 15,000 attendance standard. It also goes along with the statements and links above. Would anyone care to elaborate?

What schools are in the most danger of being dropped to 1AA? Which conferences will be hurt most? (MAC, SB or WAC?) How could this effect overall conference alignments, and the BCS?

Last edited by fbfan on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30