NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:54 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Pulling from footballgod's thread about running the SEC, what would you do if you were given the keys to the conference. Do you keep the staus quo? Are teams evicted? Are teams brought in? What is the logic behind your decisions?

Feel free to question others' decisions, but don't be a wimp --- put your own ideas up first!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:27 pm 
Junior
Junior

File "Friend of the Assembly" briefs to the Arkansas state legislature to help get them to stop stymiing UALR's grass roots attempts to get a football program. (War Memorial deserves a permenant resident) This gives the SBC more of a market in the Razorback State than the SEC.

After that, with UTSA, Tx State, Lamar, and South Alabama joining for football, none of the remaining schools in or near the footprint are quite ready for primetime, so mainly its a matter of increasing academic efforts and biding time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:27 pm 
Senior
Senior

Sunbelt is in a tough position. CUSA can take it members anytime. If the Sunbelt goes on the offense, they should target Texas st, Georgia Southern, try to get Sam Houston to move up, and maybe a few other slc teams.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:28 pm 
Senior
Senior

I think the sun belt should kick out any non football member who is unwilling to create a football team. I would make the conferance a 12 team conferance. with a championship game.

I would try and get more bowl deals. right now the sun belt has 1 bowl game guaranteed. This is probably one of the first things that nees to change after getting a better TV deal.

I would think for expansion the sun belt can get a team from Texas and also maybe another team from tennse like tenesse martin.

Us National Soccer Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:39 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

As far as football and football only is concerned, the Sun Belt's moves seem obvious and inevitable. There are nine football members, and Texas State, South Alabama, and Georgia State have already started their tasks of moving up to FBS. The Sun Belt already has South Alabama; there is no reason they won't invite Texas State and Georgia State. That's 12. I also see no reason why the SBC wouldn't expand further; as other schools like Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Lamar, Sam Houston State, Texas-San Antonio, and others who are considering the move up, move up, they will likely get the same invite.

46566, you're right; the Sun Belt could use another bowl deal, but I don't see it happening until it expands significantly. The conference knows its place as the third-tier southern conference, so it likely will welcome literally any third-tier southern football school.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:09 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

If I were the SBCC, I'd start by making football a requirement: seeya AKLR, UNO and Denver. Welcome Tex St. When Georgia St upgrades, then bring in the pair of them and UTSA.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:16 pm 
Senior
Senior

xiv wrote:
As far as football and football only is concerned, the Sun Belt's moves seem obvious and inevitable. There are nine football members, and Texas State, South Alabama, and Georgia State have already started their tasks of moving up to FBS. The Sun Belt already has South Alabama; there is no reason they won't invite Texas State and Georgia State. That's 12. I also see no reason why the SBC wouldn't expand further; as other schools like Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Lamar, Sam Houston State, Texas-San Antonio, and others who are considering the move up, move up, they will likely get the same invite.

46566, you're right; the Sun Belt could use another bowl deal, but I don't see it happening until it expands significantly. The conference knows its place as the third-tier southern conference, so it likely will welcome literally any third-tier southern football school.

true they could always try and get the st pertersburg bowl or papa johns bowl in alabama. With south alabama joining the conferance it would help the sun belt with it's pressance in alabama. both are low tier bowls that seem to be low on the pecking order for most conferance. the sun belt will have teams in both states. This will bring more money to the conferance and give it stablity mainly because going to a bigger conferance gives them more money from bowls and hopefully schools don't need as many money games to servie as they do now.

Us National Soccer Team