NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:48 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:07 pm 
Senior
Senior

The MAC going to 14 is a plausible idea. WKU and Temple for all sports sounds reasonable. If football, it would render even divisions and they already have a championship game. With divisional fb, everyone does not have to play everyone else so frequently.
Temple and WKU would add to MAC bb as mentioned by recent articles that Freaked posted.
The argument that Temple would be hurt with bb recruiting if they left the Atlantic 10 is unproven. The reverse may happen, with playing in new markets and all-sports rivalries cultivated.
Temple has been an asterisks being a "fb only" first in the BE and now the MAC. It has been awkward, and the BE situation was painful.
Temple would do better being "all sports" with the MAC. They could schedule eastern teams for bb and fb out-of-conference as available or preferred. Temple returning to the BE in the immediate future is not realistic.
Atlantic 10 bb is a decent league, but in Temple's situation, they need to embrace continuity and stop the lingering impression they are an orphan. Their administrative leadership needs to recognize this.

Last edited by louisvillecard01 on Fri May 30, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I did not know the attendance figures for the Eaglebank Bowl in Washington, DC; but it looked like Temple had an appreciable number of fans there. Had Temple beat UCLA, that would have been a nice boost for Temple fb.

Temple has been improving their situation in the last few years, and could return, at some point, to being a factor in "eastern" fb expansion scenarios.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:13 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

sec03 wrote:
I did not know the attendance figures for the Eaglebank Bowl in Washington, DC; but it looked like Temple had an appreciable number of fans there. Had Temple beat UCLA, that would have been a nice boost for Temple fb.

Temple has been improving their situation in the last few years, and could return, at some point, to being a factor in "eastern" fb expansion scenarios.

i just mentioned in the Big East thread, but I'm liking Temple more and more for the Big east #9. Regardless of just how good they are, it's more about self preservation for the Big East football conference. The football admins all want a 9th team for scheduling. But there aren't many options:

Temple: content in the A10 for other sports, could easily move football from MAC to Big East
ECU/UCF/Memphis: would need a new conference for other sports if they left CUSA (who would not keep for other sports). Memphis MIGHT be able to get into the A10. But I think UCF and ECU would have to try the CAA and then if not invited, the Atlantic Sun or Big South. A big step down in basketball for sure.
Army/Navy: both make so much sense but are not interested. I would not mind seeing BOTH added with a partial schedule (4 BE games each). I think it would be great for the region, but of course there is the problem with conference record and bowl pairings. If WVU is 8-0, Navy is 4-0 and Rutgers is 6-2, which one should get the #2 bowl slot? It's just too hard if all schools aren't playing the same 8 game schedule.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2