http://www.hustlebelt.com/2011/4/19/212 ... ealignment
Article suggesting new MAC realignment, they seem to think that the MAC will keep the East/West divisional split and add UMass to the East and move Bowling Green to the West; but for some reason they are really hung up on how this will affect basketball but the obvious answer to me is to just do have divisions in bball like the ACC has or Big12 had.
Here are a few reasons they think moving Bowling Green is the best option:
• UMass and Temple, because they're both on the coast
• EMU/CMU/WMU, for the Aluminum Compass
• Toledo and Bowling Green, rejoining these two frenemies
• Akron and Kent State, for the Wagon Wheel
• OHIO and Miami, presumably in their own third division where they'll leave everybody else alone
• NIU and Ball State, not because they're rivals, but because they're either in the Central time zone or once in their history rejected daylight savings
• Buffalo, because they're in the MAC too.
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...