NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:49 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
Article discussing proposed move by Air Force to Missouri Valley or WCC for non-football sports, while remaining in MWC for football.

Yes, it seems odd...makes little sense, but it's real.

http://gazetteafasports.freedomblogging ... um=twitter

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:37 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
It's gotta mean they are headed to the BE for fb. I think you plug Butler in for 12 in the MVC.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:25 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
It's gotta mean they are headed to the BE for fb. I think you plug Butler in for 12 in the MVC.


No, really, one thing discussed between AF and MWC was football-only situation in addition to the Big East scenario.

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:50 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
It's gotta mean they are headed to the BE for fb. I think you plug Butler in for 12 in the MVC.


No, really, one thing discussed between AF and MWC was football-only situation in addition to the Big East scenario.


But why be fb only in a conf you've been a full member for since it existed?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1450
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
It's gotta mean they are headed to the BE for fb. I think you plug Butler in for 12 in the MVC.


No, really, one thing discussed between AF and MWC was football-only situation in addition to the Big East scenario.


But why be fb only in a conf you've been a full member for since it existed?

Air Force can't compete in most other sports in the MWC, they want to win some titles and be more competitive, the WCC or MVC would be easier Olympic sports than the MWC.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:39 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
It's gotta mean they are headed to the BE for fb. I think you plug Butler in for 12 in the MVC.


No, really, one thing discussed between AF and MWC was football-only situation in addition to the Big East scenario.


But why be fb only in a conf you've been a full member for since it existed?

Air Force can't compete in most other sports in the MWC, they want to win some titles and be more competitive, the WCC or MVC would be easier Olympic sports than the MWC.

So can we keep football and baseball in the MWC since it would be easier do to well then send basketball to the big west since it would be easier for us there? What the f*ck is up w/ this defeatist mentality? Are the Cowboys going to join the NFC west since it would be easier for them to win there?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:57 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1450
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
It's gotta mean they are headed to the BE for fb. I think you plug Butler in for 12 in the MVC.


No, really, one thing discussed between AF and MWC was football-only situation in addition to the Big East scenario.


But why be fb only in a conf you've been a full member for since it existed?

Air Force can't compete in most other sports in the MWC, they want to win some titles and be more competitive, the WCC or MVC would be easier Olympic sports than the MWC.

So can we keep football and baseball in the MWC since it would be easier do to well then send basketball to the big west since it would be easier for us there? What the f*ck is up w/ this defeatist mentality? Are the Cowboys going to join the NFC west since it would be easier for them to win there?

Dude Air Force is very different, they have size/heigtht requirements for all their recruits/players that makes it extremely difficult to play against high quality teams especially in basketball. This will work out well if it happens, you can put the non football schools Hawaii and Air Force on each side of the conference, add to more all sport members and this could work out great.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:45 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
It's gotta mean they are headed to the BE for fb. I think you plug Butler in for 12 in the MVC.


No, really, one thing discussed between AF and MWC was football-only situation in addition to the Big East scenario.


But why be fb only in a conf you've been a full member for since it existed?

Air Force can't compete in most other sports in the MWC, they want to win some titles and be more competitive, the WCC or MVC would be easier Olympic sports than the MWC.

So can we keep football and baseball in the MWC since it would be easier do to well then send basketball to the big west since it would be easier for us there? What the f*ck is up w/ this defeatist mentality? Are the Cowboys going to join the NFC west since it would be easier for them to win there?

Dude Air Force is very different, they have size/heigtht requirements for all their recruits/players that makes it extremely difficult to play against high quality teams especially in basketball. This will work out well if it happens, you can put the non football schools Hawaii and Air Force on each side of the conference, add to more all sport members and this could work out great.


I know, 6'5" but they've still been to the Tourney recently. 2006 was the last time 4 times total. It will be easier for them now w/ BYU and Utah out. MVC is no easy task in bball for them either.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:30 am 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
Article on pending Air Force move to Big East for football, MVC for other sports:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19073868

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:16 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Like I said, it didn't make sense to all of a sudden be fb only in a conf. you've been a full member in forever unless something was up. The BE is what's up. So do they still go to the BE if 3 BE members leave for the B12?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:56 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
Doubt it. Plus, AQ at risk, might be better to stay in MWC. Plus as u said there is risk of UL and WVU leaving

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:29 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:51 am
Posts: 102
I kinda hope SLU (St. Louis for you non-locals) would stop pretending to be an A-10 school and get into this league. They are SUCH an natural fit!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:16 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7424
Article out of Cedar Rapids with comments from UNI AD discussing UNI exploring possibility of moving football to FBS but apparently remaining in the MVC for non-FB sports.Does that mean FB only to the MAC? Link at http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/UNI-Fo ... 64856.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:07 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 703
Location: Louisville, KY
MAC would probably be the path of least resistance, but in theory the WAC could offer them an upgrade. If NMSU and Idaho both needed games for UNI's 2nd transition year (either 2014 or 2015) the WAC could do a double round-robin. Even at 3 teams, each school could have 4 games over the last 6 weeks. UNI leaving he MVFC would also free up a sport for North Dakota, who could move their other sports to the WAC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7424
Article out of Peoria reporting that MVC Presidents plan a meeting to discuss the possibility of losing schools like Creighton and Evansville to other conferences.Link at http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x135322086 ... ch-the-MVC


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group