NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:44 pm 
Sophomore
Sophomore

From what I understand, there are major structural issues w/ the academics of Chi. St. and that's not even taking into account the academic performance of their athletes. I don't think any conference will be eager to take that on regardless of membership concerns.

From your list, FSA, it seems Bellarmine would be the only fit for a Summit invite. I do believe if they make the transition they will prosper given the president's earlier comments. If they begin to realize their ambition and potential, they would also be on the radar of Horizon and OVC eventually, and probably A-Sun right away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:41 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Nova Southeastern (want in the A-Sun)

When/where did you hear this? Do you have a link?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 am 
All-Star
All-Star

gsohokiefan wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Over a year ago, Senior Reports? or the D-II board?. One of them must have the link. I might have read and posted about it on the A-Sun section of the csn board too, in an expansion thread. I wasn't the only one talking about it, someone was telling me about how they'd be a perfect fit and they would be the 10th member, then NKU took that spot. All I found recently is this(just some talk about them being ready to jump soon, new arena yada yada) but I read about it from somewhere else over a year ago.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=560175&page=2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:33 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Bellarmine would probably prefer the A-Sun over the OVC or Summit-they get to renew the rivalry with Northern Kentucky (about 100 miles away), and Bellarmine thinks of themselves as a Southern school, not a Midwestern school (even if the "Notre Dame of the South" isn't that far from the Notre Dame in South Bend). I would expect the Atlantic Sun to add Bellarmine once NKU is far enough in the transition process to count as a Division I opponent. The Summit really should look at Missouri-St. Louis, who will be the largest school left in the GLVC.

What is interesting is that the Summit League would be down to 7 members who count as Division I for scheduling purposes if IUPUI leaves (Nebraska-Omaha won't be Division I until 2015). In the event of further losses, North Dakota is probably the first call, followed by UTPA, Chicago State, or NJIT. The Big Sky would likely accept a football-only membership from North Dakota given that South Dakota bailed on them at the last minute.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
gsohokiefan wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Over a year ago, Senior Reports? or the D-II board?. One of them must have the link. I might have read and posted about it on the A-Sun section of the csn board too, in an expansion thread. I wasn't the only one talking about it, someone was telling me about how they'd be a perfect fit and they would be the 10th member, then NKU took that spot. All I found recently is this(just some talk about them being ready to jump soon, new arena yada yada) but I read about it from somewhere else over a year ago.

Thanks, FSA,

Always good to hear of new possibilities.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:22 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

gsohokiefan wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
gsohokiefan wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Thanks, FSA,

Always good to hear of new possibilities.

I wish I could remember where I 1st read it. It could have been on the Senior Reports facebook page. I don't think it was the D-II board because we only fb on there. could been on the csn expansion board back when NKU got invited to the A-sun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am 
Senior
Senior

wbyeager wrote:
Bellarmine would probably prefer the A-Sun over the OVC or Summit-they get to renew the rivalry with Northern Kentucky (about 100 miles away), and Bellarmine thinks of themselves as a Southern school, not a Midwestern school (even if the "Notre Dame of the South" isn't that far from the Notre Dame in South Bend). I would expect the Atlantic Sun to add Bellarmine once NKU is far enough in the transition process to count as a Division I opponent. The Summit really should look at Missouri-St. Louis, who will be the largest school left in the GLVC.

What is interesting is that the Summit League would be down to 7 members who count as Division I for scheduling purposes if IUPUI leaves (Nebraska-Omaha won't be Division I until 2015). In the event of further losses, North Dakota is probably the first call, followed by UTPA, Chicago State, or NJIT. The Big Sky would likely accept a football-only membership from North Dakota given that South Dakota bailed on them at the last minute.

No reason for the Big Sky to offer football only to UND - Big Sky did for Cal Poly and UC-Davis because there is no other option out west. UND is becoming a full member of the Big Sky - if the Summit wants them, they will have to convince the MVFC to take them as well, like they did for USD.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Cleveland Plain Dealer article discussing possible Horizon League replacements for Butler.Link at http://www.cleveland.com/sports/csu/ind ... _stat.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

If I'm the Horizon I take Robert Morris, IUPUI, Oakland. Let Summit talk Wayne St. into moving D-I. They have football, so unless UND and WSU are allowed in the MVFC they'd have be Indy or drop it. WSU is the biggest school in D-II and they looked at moving to D-I in 2004 but decided not to. Duquesne isn't leaving the A10.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Cleveland Plain Dealer article discussing possible Horizon League replacements for Butler.Link at http://www.cleveland.com/sports/csu/ind ... _stat.html

Would the NEC allow Robert Morris to remain as a football affiliate? If not, what does RM do? Drop to the Pioneer?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 am 
All-Star
All-Star

rcs1014 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

Would the NEC allow Robert Morris to remain as a football affiliate? If not, what does RM do? Drop to the Pioneer?

Why not, they have AEC schools in the NEC for fb only.

Post subject: Horizon League Expansion
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
rcs1014 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

Why not, they have AEC schools in the NEC for fb only.

and a10 (uri)

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:13 pm 
Junior
Junior

wbyeager wrote:

UMSL is not even thinking about an upgrade right now. First off, they are a commuter school with minimal facilities. Second, SLU and D-III Washington rule the college sports roost in StL with SIU-E not too far down the road. Plus I don't see the UM Board of Curators approving any such move with the current state of the economy in the state right now. Also, UMKC is a prime example of thinking they are "big time" when they have not even dominated the D-II level in any sport. Central Missouri would consider moving up to D-I before UMSL does.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:32 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

rcs1014 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

When did the NEC add scholarships?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Green Bay(previously posted in another thread)reporting that Horizon Commish announced this morning that Butler is leaving the Horizon for the A-10.Link at http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/art ... -Green-Bay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next