NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 94  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:27 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1460
UT Arlington has SBC invite per ESPN and will accept pending Board Approval

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/i ... ource-says

This puts them at 12 all sports 10 fb, Karl has said they don't want to go 14 all sports but has also expressed interest in getting to 12 for a CCG. We've also seen him mention the possibility of the SBC inviting Idaho and NMSU as football only members (since I'm sure he feels bad being their formal commissioner and all) which would put them at 12/12. I see this as a win-win for everyone, let the SBC have the CCG and the money that goes with it, without adding more all sports members and keeping the geographic footprint still relatively tight while the WAC refugees have a place to store their fb and can try to revamp the WAC as a bball league with the Great West and Independent teams.

That is unless ODU turns down the CUSA invite and MTSU gets snatched then I think NMSU may get an invite since NMSU could join right away and they already have a few FCS upgrades, so even if App St, GA So, Liberty, JMU, Lamar, ect are ready to go I could see them wanting to hold off until this next round of expansion quiets down before grabbing another pair of them.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:28 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Sounds like App St. is left out of any SBC plans. So I'd go w/ SBC 10/12.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/05/04/ ... ategy.html

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:28 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7436
Article out of Lafayette reporting that the SBC has scheduled a quick Presidents meeting for this Monday to discuss the UT Arlington situation and to discuss a
possible replacement if MTSU were to leave.Link at http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20 ... nce-shifts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:09 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 am
Posts: 478
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Sounds like App St. is left out of any SBC plans. So I'd go w/ SBC 10/12.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/05/04/ ... ategy.html


As most readers know, Happy Appy is one of my favorite potential FBS upgrades. That article doesn't sound very promising for the Mountaineers. I still believe they would be very competitive in the Sun Belt and they have more fans in North Carolina than most people realize but the 2 1/2 hour drive sounds like a killer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:48 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
seanbo wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Sounds like App St. is left out of any SBC plans. So I'd go w/ SBC 10/12.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/05/04/ ... ategy.html


As most readers know, Happy Appy is one of my favorite potential FBS upgrades. That article doesn't sound very promising for the Mountaineers. I still believe they would be very competitive in the Sun Belt and they have more fans in North Carolina than most people realize but the 2 1/2 hour drive sounds like a killer.

Well if AFA leaves for the BE and the MWC adds Texas St., App St. could be in play in the SBC or Georgia Southern. App St. and JMU could be in play for the MAC soon too.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:38 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
seanbo wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Sounds like App St. is left out of any SBC plans. So I'd go w/ SBC 10/12.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/05/04/ ... ategy.html


As most readers know, Happy Appy is one of my favorite potential FBS upgrades. That article doesn't sound very promising for the Mountaineers. I still believe they would be very competitive in the Sun Belt and they have more fans in North Carolina than most people realize but the 2 1/2 hour drive sounds like a killer.

Well if AFA leaves for the BE and the MWC adds Texas St., App St. could be in play in the SBC or Georgia Southern. App St. and JMU could be in play for the MAC soon too.

there are few things that seem less appealing to me than Texas St in the MWC. They are closer to Montana St than Montana in stature, or at least the vibe at games. Always a big fan of there fans, but its niche. Just still think that there are sadly more benefits from NMSU than Texas St, but it's like having to pick the best dessert from the day-old bakery rack.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?b4tdij

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:00 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
seanbo wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Sounds like App St. is left out of any SBC plans. So I'd go w/ SBC 10/12.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/05/04/ ... ategy.html


As most readers know, Happy Appy is one of my favorite potential FBS upgrades. That article doesn't sound very promising for the Mountaineers. I still believe they would be very competitive in the Sun Belt and they have more fans in North Carolina than most people realize but the 2 1/2 hour drive sounds like a killer.

Well if AFA leaves for the BE and the MWC adds Texas St., App St. could be in play in the SBC or Georgia Southern. App St. and JMU could be in play for the MAC soon too.

there are few things that seem less appealing to me than Texas St in the MWC. They are closer to Montana St than Montana in stature, or at least the vibe at games. Always a big fan of there fans, but its niche. Just still think that there are sadly more benefits from NMSU than Texas St, but it's like having to pick the best dessert from the day-old bakery rack.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?b4tdij


Texas St, gets us in Texas(if we are just going to be a scheduling alliance or nothing). At worst they'll be as good as NMSU on the field(3 winning seasons in 40 years, no bowl since 1960). UNM doesn't want NMSU from what I hear. If AFA leaves NMSU and Texas St, would be our only 2 options since they have baseball and we need a 6th.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:59 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7436
Article out of New Mexico with comments from SBC Commish who says his league will not likely discuss expansion candidates from west of Texas until the May 22 meeting.Link at http://www.abqjournal.com/sports/2012/0 ... ggies.html

(Site requires a subscription.I will try to obtain an alternate link if possible)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:07 am 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 pm
Posts: 473
freaked4collegefb wrote:
Article out of New Mexico with comments from SBC Commish who says his league will not likely discuss expansion candidates from west of Texas until the May 22 meeting.Link at http://www.abqjournal.com/sports/2012/0 ... ggies.html

(Site requires a subscription.I will try to obtain an alternate link if possible)


http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-sp ... invitation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7436
FAU blog article with speculation regarding Liberty/SBC at http://www.fauowlaccess.com/blogs/owlth ... -belt.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:42 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7436
Article out of Bowling Green with comments from WKU President who says SBC has one more "planned" expansion move(UT-Arlington?) which should be announced later this month.Link at http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/stick ... f887a.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:44 am 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
While UTA is officially unofficially the next SB member (since it's up to their own "yes" vote to decide), we have a 10/12 SB split.

While NMSU and Idaho as FB only schools are real options (to get to 12 for a championship game without the need for 14 all-sports members), I still have a feeling we'll see something else.

I can't help but to think that with 14 being the new 12, CUSA at 14, Big East growing, SEC 14...and based on the current geography of the Sun Belt, I would not be shocked to see the Sun Belt add App St. and Georgia Southern.

Would add two quality programs that already would fit into the fanbase/success averages of the SB. Furthermore, it would create some good travel balance, having an eastern division of (6) with WKU, MTSU, App St., GA St., GA Southern, FAU. In the west you'd have Troy, USA, Ark St., ULL, ULM, Texas St

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:32 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1716
I'm thinking the hold-up on UTA to the Sun-Belt was related to seeing if CUSA would poach Middle tennessee State or not.

With ODU agreeing to join CUSA, MTSU is staying in the Sun-belt for now.

Does anyone know when the UT board meets to vote on the move by UTA ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:47 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1716
I found answer to my own question.... this Thursday (May 24th)

http://www.theupsetblog.com/2012/05/ut- ... -2013.html

This will take the Sun-Belt to 10/12, although UTA MIGHT add football around 2016.
Wonder if Sun_belt will go further any time soon, maybe adding 2 more FB schools from: NMSU, Appy. State, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville State.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 am
Posts: 478
Location: Jacksonville, FL
tute79 wrote:
I found answer to my own question.... this Thursday (May 24th)

http://www.theupsetblog.com/2012/05/ut- ... -2013.html

This will take the Sun-Belt to 10/12, although UTA MIGHT add football around 2016.
Wonder if Sun_belt will go further any time soon, maybe adding 2 more FB schools from: NMSU, Appy. State, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville State.....


I would love for them to take Appalachian State and Georgia Southern. I honestly believe they are the best 2 schools out there and they are great geographic fits.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 94  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group