NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
NAIA: Thomas(GA), Sun Conf. is adding basketball in 2013 or 2014. I added them to the lists I made for you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:18 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Football map updates for you from Lolly Popp

[quote='Lolly Popp']
Hey FSA,

I have another message for you to please relay to Tkalmus. When he tried to update the NAIA map, he accidentally deleted it, and replaced it with the D3 map. He also still needs to remove Bryant from the D2 football map.

More of a longterm request I have for him, since I read a post where he said grad school is pretty busy right now, is to make sure the dots and names are in the same place on the football maps as they are on the basketball maps. I think he spaces them out on the football maps since there are fewer teams. I sometimes switch back and forth to compare conference differences and that is how I noticed. It looks kind of weird.

I think the locations on the basketball maps are mostly fine, but he should try put the names and dots in the same places on the football maps, so it looks the same to people who switch back and forth. I have noticed 27 schools whose names should be moved on the D2 football map, to better match the basketball map, when he has the time. I know this is a lot of work and appreciate when he might be able to even attempt doing it.

CALIFORNIA
- Azusa Pacific (FB map location is wrong and name should be one line)

COLORADO
- Colorado Mesa (not known as Mesa St. anymore)
- Colorado Mines (move name to upper left of dot)

SOUTH DAKOTA
- Augustana (match name with basketball placement)
- Sioux Falls (match name with basketball placement)

OKLAHOMA
- Central Oklahoma (move name left of dot)
- Southwestern Oklahoma (move name below dot)

MISSOURI
- Lincoln (move name left of dot)
- Lindenwood (move name to upper left of dot)

ILLINOIS
- McKendree (it's in two noticably different locations)

NEW HAMPSHIRE
- St. Anselm (FB map location is wrong and make name one line on both)

MASSACHUSETTS
- Merrimack (move name below dot)

CONNECTICUT
- Southern Connecticut (FB map location is wrong)

PENNSYLVANIA
- East Stroudsburg (sync as best as possible)
- Kutztown (move name above dot)
- Millersville (sync as best as possible)
- Lincoln (sync as best as possible)
- West Chester (sync as best as possible)

WEST VIRGINIA
- West Virginia Wesleyan (move name to lower right of dot)

MARYLAND
- Bowie State (move name right of dot)

NORTH CAROLINA
- Lenoir-Rhyne (move name upper left center of dot)
- Livingstone (FB map location is wrong, name should be above Catawba)
- Catawba (name should be below Livingstone after location correction)
- Johnson C. Smith (move name to right of dot)

SOUTH CAROLINA
- North Greenville (make name one line)

GEORGIA
- Shorter (move name to right of dot)
- Clark Atlanta (make name one line)

Once again, I know it's a lot of work, and appreciate whenever he might be able to do any of it. The most important corrections are restoring the NAIA map and removing Bryant from the D2 football map. Thanks once again.

- LP
[/quote]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:54 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1449
fixed everything on the D2 map...I try to keep everything similar but its kind of hard to do, and it wasn't like that when I started, but if he finds anything i'll fix it best I can, and I'll try to keep it as close as possible when doing updates.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
More from LP

D2 FOOTBALL

Just a few more things for Tkalmus with the D2 football map and then I think it should probably be set for a while.

MISSOURI
- Match the names of Lincoln, Lindenwood, and S&T with the hoops map.

ILLINOIS
- McKendree is in a visibly different location than on the basketball map.

PENNSYLVANIA
- Only need to "overline" first word in East Stroudsburg and West Chester.

TENNESSEE
- Move the name of Carson-Newman down a bit so it doesn't hit the dot.

FLORIDA
- Florida Tech is in visibly different locations on the two different maps.

D1 BASKETBALL

Now on to the Division I basketball map. I haven't looked at the football maps yet, so this will just be about locations on the basketball map. I will check the FBS and FCS maps later and relay anything I notice.

NEW YORK
- Iona is in the right spot. The dots for Manhattan and Fordham should be just below, forming a triangle, for lack of a better description. Manhattan College is actually on the west side of the Bronx, a few miles north of I-95. Fordham is on the east side of the Bronx, about one mile or so north of I-95. The dot for Columbia should be a little below those three, in northern Manhattan, kind of turning the triangle into a diamond.

- The dots for LIU and St. John's are in the wrong places. Right now, LIU is shown at the location for CW Post, its D2 branch campus. LIU should actually be right next to St. Francis, so basically a bit south of where Columbia's dot is incorrectly situated now. St. John's should be located just a bit south of where it is right now. Locationally it's kind of like ...

____________Iona
Manhattan____Fordham
____Columbia
________________St. John's
___LIU___St. Francis

- Now for better placement of the names. Iona, Fordham, and St. Francis can stay the same. Manhattan's name should be written where LIU's name is right now. Columbia's name should be written where St. John's name is right now. St. John's name should be written where Manhattan's name is right now. LIU's name should be written where Columbia's name is right now.

MARYLAND
- The name placement for the Baltimore schools is fine but a couple of dots need adjusting. Move the dot for UMBC down, closer to the bottom of the C, and move the dot for Coppin to where the UMBC dot currently sits. The reason is that Loyola (north side) is north of both Coppin (west side) and Morgan (east side). Coppin and Morgan are roughly on the same latitude. UMBC sits south and west of where Coppin is located.

MICHIGAN
- The dot for Eastern Michigan should be closer to the dot for Michigan. The two schools are in neighboring towns and literally about 10 minutes apart. Very bad planning by educational authorities in the state but that's another story.

LOUISIANA
- The dot for New Orleans should be due north of the dot for Tulane, right on the lakeshore, not north and west. Nicholls State should be further south, with the dot maybe in the current space between the little and big S, and the name then gets moved lower.

D3 FOOTBALL

If he ever gets the time, and I know this will be extensive so it's probably a longterm project, the names and dots on the D3 football map need to shrink to the same size as the others because there are too many schools to keep the names and dots so big and properly place them all.

Switching colors to make some of the neighboring conferences in the East less confusing might also be a good idea. How about the following shuffle? Change the East Coast to dark blue, Centennial to fuschia, ODAC to yellowish brownish gold, USA South to dark green, SAC to reddish orange, and American Southwest to the tealish color the SAC is currently using. I think that might create better seperation.

ILLINOIS
- The locations in Chicago are a mess. Lake Forest is the furthest north. North Park would be just below. Slightly south of that, as well as west of the city, there is a line of three schools in almost neighboring towns. Wheaton west, Elmhurst in the middle, and then Concordia. Below them is another line of three that starts further west and goes through three adjacent towns. Aurora west, North Central in the middle, and then Benedictine. Chicago would be to the east and slighly south of those three.

- Since this is almost impossible to do at the current size I will suggest a simpler fix that isn't 100% right but will have to do for now. North Park should be where Lake Forest is now. Lake Forest should be where Chicago is now, with the dot moved further north. Wheaton should be where Elmhurst is now, with the dot moved as far west as can fit. Elmhurst should be where Wheaton is now, with the dot also moved west. Concordia should be where North Park is now, with the dot moved north and west.

- Aurora should be where North Central is now, with the dot moved west, so it's not directly under Wheaton's dot, but further west. North Central's name should be where Aurora's name is now, I guess, and the dot can be above the name. Benedictine's dot should be east of that and the name can fit wherever possible. Chicago's name should be where Concordia's name is now, or wherever there is space after the changes, and the dot should be right on the lakeshore. Hopefully all of that makes sense. In real life it would look sort of like this ...

_____________________Lake_Forest
______________________North_Park
__Wheaton___Elmhurst___Concordia
Aurora__North_Central__Benedictine
________________________Chicago

NEW YORK
- The locations of Merchant Marine and SUNY Maritime (no hyphen) are reversed. SUNY Maritime is on the southeast side of the Bronx. The dot can actually be moved into New York and off the Connecticut border. Merchant Marine is located on the northern coast of Long Island, so the dot should be due south and maybe slightly east of the dot for SUNY Maritime.

MASSACHUSETTS
- Change the name of Worcester Poly to WPI to clear some of the clutter. Move the dot for Mount Ida west, and it can even touch the dot for Framingham. Move the dot for MIT west, and it can even touch the new dot for Mount Ida. Move the dot for Tufts south and west, probably ending up roughly where the dot for MIT is right now.

That's everything I can think of for now. I will compare the FBS and FCS maps against the D1 basketball map later. Thanks again to both of you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
D-I: Incarnate Word to SLC from LSC
D-II: Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown to PSAC from WVIAC

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:58 am 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 118
Location: Chicago, IL
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
D-I: Incarnate Word to SLC from LSC
D-II: Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown to PSAC from WVIAC


These two aren't official yet. They were extended invitations by the PSAC and I can't imagine either of those schools would turn the opportunity down but they have not accepted it yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1449
Hey guys I'm a bit behind but I promise I'll get to everything when I can, work has slowed up a bit but I've actually picked up a part time gig as a writer for a UT pay site so if I want to keep gettin those tiny checks I've got to make my deadlines.

Keep this thread going and I'll catch up when I get some down time.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:53 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
hickory_cornhusker wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
D-I: Incarnate Word to SLC from LSC
D-II: Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown to PSAC from WVIAC


These two aren't official yet. They were extended invitations by the PSAC and I can't imagine either of those schools would turn the opportunity down but they have not accepted it yet.

It's official or I wouldn't have posted it here. They extended formal invites to the 2 in a conf that just broke up, no one in the minor leagues or even the majors other than the Pac 16 extend formal invites unless they know the answer on the other end is yes. Plus they wouldn't go public either for fear of egg on their face.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 am 
Offline
Senior
Senior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
hickory_cornhusker wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
D-I: Incarnate Word to SLC from LSC
D-II: Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown to PSAC from WVIAC


These two aren't official yet. They were extended invitations by the PSAC and I can't imagine either of those schools would turn the opportunity down but they have not accepted it yet.

It's official or I wouldn't have posted it here. They extended formal invites to the 2 in a conf that just broke up, no one in the minor leagues or even the majors other than the Pac 16 extend formal invites unless they know the answer on the other end is yes. Plus they wouldn't go public either for fear of egg on their face.


"Plus they wouldn't go public either..." Who is "they?" Those two schools or the conference? I've only seen third-party media reporting this so far, and I don't count something as official until either the school or conference reports it directly. This reminds me of when BYU was "officially" in the Big 12 last year!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
dafoeberezin3494 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
hickory_cornhusker wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
D-I: Incarnate Word to SLC from LSC
D-II: Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown to PSAC from WVIAC


These two aren't official yet. They were extended invitations by the PSAC and I can't imagine either of those schools would turn the opportunity down but they have not accepted it yet.

It's official or I wouldn't have posted it here. They extended formal invites to the 2 in a conf that just broke up, no one in the minor leagues or even the majors other than the Pac 16 extend formal invites unless they know the answer on the other end is yes. Plus they wouldn't go public either for fear of egg on their face.


"Plus they wouldn't go public either..." Who is "they?" Those two schools or the conference? I've only seen third-party media reporting this so far, and I don't count something as official until either the school or conference reports it directly. This reminds me of when BYU was "officially" in the Big 12 last year!

Did I post that BYU did? Nope. Not my fault you got duped.
"Steve Murray, commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference, confirmed Thursday evening that Seton Hill and Pitt Johnstown have formally been invited to join the league." There's also a quote from him on the D-II expansion section talking about breaking into 3 div of 6 teams.
Would you like to bet me. Who ever loses doesn't post here ever again. Friar Fan bet me on Nebraska being the only member invited to the B1G, he lost. Put your money where your mouth is, or don't sweat it. When there's a question on the board saying what does 2+2 equal, I don't need to wait for the teacher to write 4 down for me to know the answer, I guess you do,

Here's more on Seton Hill who was originally in the Split side of the WVIAC and UPJ on the leftover side. Neither included on either side of the Mt.East Conf. or the leftover WVIAC
http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?fun ... ryid=54453
http://wesleyanbobcats.com/sports/fball ... 082000gn0n

_________________
Image


Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:44 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Fixed:

Mountain East (*no fb)
Shepherd
Concord
W.Liberty
Fairmont St.
Glenville St.
Charleston
W.Virginia St.
W.Virginia Wesleyan
Notre Dame(OH)
Virginia-Wise
Urbana
Wheeling Jesuit*

WVIAC
Davis & Elkins*
Ohio Valley*
Bluefield St.*
Alderson-Broaddus

GMAC
Central St.
Kentucky Wesleyan
Cedarville*
Trevecca Nazarene*
Georgetown(KY)-rejected for D-II membership

My guess is that the leftover WVIAC will merge w/ the GMAC.

It would give them 9 teams, they could include Salem International for 10. Only 4 schools would have fb, 2 already play in the GLVC. GMAC/WVIAC could add 2 more w/ fb and have it as a conf sport or GLVC could just take in A-B and G'Town.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:12 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Wow, quite the overreaction. Let me break this down:

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Did I post that BYU did? Nope. Not my fault you got duped.


I never said that you did. My point was that several media sources reported BYU to the Big 12 as official, then it never happened. It's not about anyone "getting duped" it's about waiting until something officially happens before updating a map. Another school that was close but never official: South Dakota to the Big Sky.

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
"Steve Murray, commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference, confirmed Thursday evening that Seton Hill and Pitt Johnstown have formally been invited to join the league." There's also a quote from him on the D-II expansion section talking about breaking into 3 div of 6 teams.


That was still in a news article. If it was confirmed then why didn't either the schools or conference mention it as such on their websites much like ACU did today with their Southland invitation? If they are all waiting until they accept invites then why not wait until that happens before updating a map? What's the harm in waiting a few more days?

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Would you like to bet me. Who ever loses doesn't post here ever again.


I may not need a bet. If you are going to overreact, treating my points as personal attacks on you and an excuse to personally attack me, I may decide to stop posting on my own. I was never predicting that Seton Hill and UPJ won't end up in the PSAC, I'm not sure how you concluded that from what I said.

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Friar Fan bet me on Nebraska being the only member invited to the B1G, he lost. Put your money where your mouth is, or don't sweat it. When there's a question on the board saying what does 2+2 equal, I don't need to wait for the teacher to write 4 down for me to know the answer, I guess you do,


I'm not going to sweat it, because my point wasn't that big a deal to begin with. You made it a big deal yourself, ranting against me (over 2 threads, by the way) for seemingly no reason other than you felt personally attacked. I'm not going to take you up on any bets, and I'm not going to address your rant anymore. It's simply not worth discussing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:45 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
You whine about every little thing. The Commish said it dude, it's going down. Neias(Big 12 Commish at the time) never went on record saying we're officially inviting BYU. Thus you got duped. :o :lol:

Making a post about it means that you care and that you're questioning me. Damn right I take it personal. If you didn't you wouldn't put in the effort to post and or break down the article in a way you see fit to try and help prove some point.

You not taking my bet just means that you're posting to just to be a d*ck to me. You know as well as I do that they are in and it's done. Don't worry about the Map that Tk and I have been doing make your own map and wait until after they personally tell you they're in.

If you didn't know our map is way ahead of where the teams actually are. BCS guy doesn't let him put in future moves until they actually are in and playing.

Look at hickory's post, look at my answer, you came off d*ckish you get this response. Point is I wouldn't post it if it wasn't going down.

Don't leave or Quinn will get mad at me for running you off. I won't lay into you anymore. Look at SJSU and I, we fight, then we're cool again. Same thing w/ the Packers guy.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
WAC made it official today that they're dropping football. I made it official when the MWC invited USU, SJSU

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:44 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
You whine about every little thing. The Commish said it dude, it's going down. Neias(Big 12 Commish at the time) never went on record saying we're officially inviting BYU. Thus you got duped. :o :lol:

Making a post about it means that you care and that you're questioning me. Damn right I take it personal. If you didn't you wouldn't put in the effort to post and or break down the article in a way you see fit to try and help prove some point.

You not taking my bet just means that you're posting to just to be a d*ck to me. You know as well as I do that they are in and it's done. Don't worry about the Map that Tk and I have been doing make your own map and wait until after they personally tell you they're in.

If you didn't know our map is way ahead of where the teams actually are. BCS guy doesn't let him put in future moves until they actually are in and playing.

Look at hickory's post, look at my answer, you came off d*ckish you get this response. Point is I wouldn't post it if it wasn't going down.

Don't leave or Quinn will get mad at me for running you off. I won't lay into you anymore. Look at SJSU and I, we fight, then we're cool again. Same thing w/ the Packers guy.


I'm looking at hickory's post, then your response, then my post. I don't see what part of my post was whiny, d*ckish, or personal. Your response to my post was twice as long and in a far more aggressive tone. I made a post to make a point, that something can be close to official without being official. Yes, a quote from a commissioner is definitely more official than the sources for BYU to the Big 12. You hadn't actually said that by the time of my original post, and in fact hickory's question was whether or not the invites had been accepted, not just if there were official invites extended (that's how this situation reminded me of BYU). You could have explained this point in a civilized manner. You chose to rant instead.

I don't know why you're hanging on this "getting duped" point. I never said that I believed BYU was in the Big 12 for sure. My point, again, was that something can be close to official without being official. I wasn't posting just to be a d*ick. Questioning someone does not equate to a personal attack on them. You don't need to take offense to every little thing someone says to you.

Good luck with the map project. I'll stay out of this thread so that you and Tk can edit your maps in peace.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group