NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:51 am
Posts: 102
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
Did anyone catch this one?

Mountain State University (NAIA) shut down it athletic programs...http://bdtonline.com/collegesports/x453 ... ll-program

yeah, they lost their accreditation last month. I took them off the list of schools for the Map that Tk is making. Ashford may lose their accreditation in a couple years too. They've been put on notice.


This seems to be becoming more and more "common". Or is it because I'm just noticing it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:36 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Greensboro, NC
gsohokiefan wrote:
So far 3 of the 5 schools who were accepted for D3 exploratory years in 2011-12 have been accepted as provisional members

Make it 4 of 5

[From The Senior Reports D3 page: http://www.theseniorreports.com/naiadiv3.htm]
Quote:
NCAA Approves [Sarah Lawrence College] as Provisional D-III Member

http://athletics.slc.edu/news/2012/8/8/GEN_0808125309.aspx

Still no word on Valley Forge Christian.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:16 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Greensboro, NC
gsohokiefan wrote:
gsohokiefan wrote:
So far 3 of the 5 schools who were accepted for D3 exploratory years in 2011-12 have been accepted as provisional members

Make it 4 of 5

Make it 5 of 5

[From The Senior Reports D3 page: http://www.theseniorreports.com/naiadiv3.htm]
Quote:
Valley Forge Christian College Advances to NCAA Div. III Provisional Membership

http://www.timesherald.com/article/20120816/SPORTS02/120819633/college-athletics-valley-forge-christian-college-advances-to-ncaa-div-iii-provisional-membership


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1708
Some NAIA updates:

American Mideast Conference will be disbanded (per wikipedia).
It was down to 2 members after Daemen got approval to move to NCAA D-2.
The two schools - Fisher (MA) and Wilberforce (OH) move to NAIA's Association of Independent Institutions (AII) - a pseudo-conference.

Two schools left the Trans South Conference for the American Midwest Conference (giving the latter 11):
Lyon (AR) and MidContinent (KY)

The Trans South Athletic Conference (TSAC) has apparently added Life University (GA) to the 4 remaining schools (all Tennessee), for a total of 5.

NCAA D-2 GSC conference just "sort of lost" U of New Orleans (were they ever officially in the GSC ?) to the D-1 Southland.
They may lose North Alabama and West Georgia to D-1 in the not-too-distant future as part of the CAA <- SoCon <- cascade.....
Rumors have the GSC re-stocking with Cumberland (TN) of the NAIA Mid-South and / or Freed-Hardeman of the NAIA TSAC.

The TSAC may be on borrowed time, and shares the same footprint with the NAIA Appalachian Athletic Conference (AAC).
I'm wondering if TSAC will be absorbed by the AAC in the near future ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
tute79 wrote:
Some NAIA updates:

American Mideast Conference will be disbanded (per wikipedia).
It was down to 2 members after Daemen got approval to move to NCAA D-2.
The two schools - Fisher (MA) and Wilberforce (OH) move to NAIA's Association of Independent Institutions (AII) - a pseudo-conference.

Two schools left the Trans South Conference for the American Midwest Conference (giving the latter 11):
Lyon (AR) and MidContinent (KY)

The Trans South Athletic Conference (TSAC) has apparently added Life University (GA) to the 4 remaining schools (all Tennessee), for a total of 5.

NCAA D-2 GSC conference just "sort of lost" U of New Orleans (were they ever officially in the GSC ?) to the D-1 Southland.
They may lose North Alabama and West Georgia to D-1 in the not-too-distant future as part of the CAA <- SoCon <- cascade.....
Rumors have the GSC re-stocking with Cumberland (TN) of the NAIA Mid-South and / or Freed-Hardeman of the NAIA TSAC.

The TSAC may be on borrowed time, and shares the same footprint with the NAIA Appalachian Athletic Conference (AAC).
I'm wondering if TSAC will be absorbed by the AAC in the near future ?


I have the AMC at 10 w/ the 2 you said and Benedictine-Springfield (just started sports)

TSAC is D-I and AAC is D-II so I don't know if all of those schools are willing to move down.

Maybe they'll merge w/ the MSC

Geogetown(KY) is leaving for GMAC
Bluefield, Pikeville rumored to being looked at by the EMC in D-II
Cumberland(TN), Bethel(TN), Freed-Hardman have all had articles posted about leaving for D-II.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Milwaukee, WI
http://www.amcsportsonline.com/article/912.php

Mid-Continent to Am Midwest in 2013, giving that conference 11 members.

Pure speculation from me, but Lindenwood-Belleville makes sense for AMC #12, as well as for Mid-States football.

Mid-South will have room after UVA-Wise and Georgetown Coll complete their D-II moves, perhaps a few TranSouth leftovers or another indy like Wilberforce ends up there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:00 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
dafoeberezin3494 wrote:
http://www.amcsportsonline.com/article/912.php

Mid-Continent to Am Midwest in 2013, giving that conference 11 members.

Pure speculation from me, but Lindenwood-Belleville makes sense for AMC #12, as well as for Mid-States football.

Mid-South will have room after UVA-Wise and Georgetown Coll complete their D-II moves, perhaps a few TranSouth leftovers or another indy like Wilberforce ends up there.

AMC has Stephens a women's college that's where he has 11 to my 10. He includes the women's schools.

AMC doesn't have fb and HAAC does so I think Lindenwood-Belleville will try for that first or at least get fb only in the HAAC that has 10 all sports schools

_________________
Image


Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1708
Yes, I had included Columbia. Wasn't aware that is a woman's college. I live in Missouri and they run commercials for it on TV, and don't make that obvious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:51 am
Posts: 102
tute79 wrote:
Yes, I had included Columbia. Wasn't aware that is a woman's college. I live in Missouri and they run commercials for it on TV, and don't make that obvious.

You are confusing Columbia College with Stephens College. Columbia is all gender while Stephens is female only...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:11 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:51 am
Posts: 102
dafoeberezin3494 wrote:
http://www.amcsportsonline.com/article/912.php

Mid-Continent to Am Midwest in 2013, giving that conference 11 members.

Pure speculation from me, but Lindenwood-Belleville makes sense for AMC #12, as well as for Mid-States football.

Mid-South will have room after UVA-Wise and Georgetown Coll complete their D-II moves, perhaps a few TranSouth leftovers or another indy like Wilberforce ends up there.

Lindenwood-Belleville may end up in the HAAC. It's not hard to imagine considering Lindenwood (MO) just left the HAAC and right now Culver-Stockton is on an island as the farthest out. Lindenwood-Belleville is not much farther from St. Charles where Lindenwood is based (add another 45 mins of travel time I think)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
mizzoufan1 wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Yes, I had included Columbia. Wasn't aware that is a woman's college. I live in Missouri and they run commercials for it on TV, and don't make that obvious.

You are confusing Columbia College with Stephens College. Columbia is all gender while Stephens is female only...

It was me, I looked at my notebook it has Columbia in it, not Stephens. So I posted the wrong school that I have missing(I don't follow womens).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:03 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:51 am
Posts: 102
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Yes, I had included Columbia. Wasn't aware that is a woman's college. I live in Missouri and they run commercials for it on TV, and don't make that obvious.

You are confusing Columbia College with Stephens College. Columbia is all gender while Stephens is female only...

It was me, I looked at my notebook it has Columbia in it, not Stephens. So I posted the wrong school that I have missing(I don't follow womens).

You are allowed this. It can be confusing here in CoMO at times. Three colleges in one town can be a pain...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:39 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7418
Article out of JBU paper with comments from JBU AD regarding the NAIA SAC situation and their upcoming Sept 12 conference meeting where league membership will be discussed with possible announcements to follow.Link at http://advocate.jbu.edu/?q=node/272


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:30 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1708
And I think they may be due to lose yet another school.

The NCAA D-2 Great American Conference is now at 6 Arkansas schools and 5 Oklahoma schools.
One would think they would fill out the conference by inviting a 6th Oklahoma school.

They've been pulling them out of the NAIA Sooner Athletic Conference, and I seem to recall that OCU (Oklhoma City University) is a potential invitee.


Anyone know anything more on that ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:09 am 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 am
Posts: 33
The Great South Athletic Conference actually added a school, Trinity Washington University, effectively immediately.
http://www.greatsouth.org/news/2012/9/7 ... 21421.aspx
And another member came in late last month, Pine Manor College, out of Chestnut Hill, Mass.
http://www.greatsouth.org/news/2012/8/2 ... x?path=gen

After Covenant and Huntingdon leave for USA South in 2013, the GSAC will be left with 6 all-female schools. The GSAC might just survive after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group