NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm 
Junior
Junior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
Did anyone catch this one?

Mountain State University (NAIA) shut down it athletic programs...http://bdtonline.com/collegesports/x453 ... ll-program

yeah, they lost their accreditation last month. I took them off the list of schools for the Map that Tk is making. Ashford may lose their accreditation in a couple years too. They've been put on notice.

This seems to be becoming more and more "common". Or is it because I'm just noticing it...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:36 pm 
Senior
Senior

gsohokiefan wrote:
So far 3 of the 5 schools who were accepted for D3 exploratory years in 2011-12 have been accepted as provisional members

Make it 4 of 5

[From The Senior Reports D3 page: http://www.theseniorreports.com/naiadiv3.htm]
Quote:
NCAA Approves [Sarah Lawrence College] as Provisional D-III Member

http://athletics.slc.edu/news/2012/8/8/GEN_0808125309.aspx

Still no word on Valley Forge Christian.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:16 pm 
Senior
Senior

gsohokiefan wrote:
gsohokiefan wrote:
So far 3 of the 5 schools who were accepted for D3 exploratory years in 2011-12 have been accepted as provisional members

Make it 4 of 5

Make it 5 of 5

[From The Senior Reports D3 page: http://www.theseniorreports.com/naiadiv3.htm]
Quote:
Valley Forge Christian College Advances to NCAA Div. III Provisional Membership

http://www.timesherald.com/article/20120816/SPORTS02/120819633/college-athletics-valley-forge-christian-college-advances-to-ncaa-div-iii-provisional-membership

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Some NAIA updates:

American Mideast Conference will be disbanded (per wikipedia).
It was down to 2 members after Daemen got approval to move to NCAA D-2.
The two schools - Fisher (MA) and Wilberforce (OH) move to NAIA's Association of Independent Institutions (AII) - a pseudo-conference.

Two schools left the Trans South Conference for the American Midwest Conference (giving the latter 11):
Lyon (AR) and MidContinent (KY)

The Trans South Athletic Conference (TSAC) has apparently added Life University (GA) to the 4 remaining schools (all Tennessee), for a total of 5.

NCAA D-2 GSC conference just "sort of lost" U of New Orleans (were they ever officially in the GSC ?) to the D-1 Southland.
They may lose North Alabama and West Georgia to D-1 in the not-too-distant future as part of the CAA <- SoCon <- cascade.....
Rumors have the GSC re-stocking with Cumberland (TN) of the NAIA Mid-South and / or Freed-Hardeman of the NAIA TSAC.

The TSAC may be on borrowed time, and shares the same footprint with the NAIA Appalachian Athletic Conference (AAC).
I'm wondering if TSAC will be absorbed by the AAC in the near future ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:
Some NAIA updates:

American Mideast Conference will be disbanded (per wikipedia).
It was down to 2 members after Daemen got approval to move to NCAA D-2.
The two schools - Fisher (MA) and Wilberforce (OH) move to NAIA's Association of Independent Institutions (AII) - a pseudo-conference.

Two schools left the Trans South Conference for the American Midwest Conference (giving the latter 11):
Lyon (AR) and MidContinent (KY)

The Trans South Athletic Conference (TSAC) has apparently added Life University (GA) to the 4 remaining schools (all Tennessee), for a total of 5.

NCAA D-2 GSC conference just "sort of lost" U of New Orleans (were they ever officially in the GSC ?) to the D-1 Southland.
They may lose North Alabama and West Georgia to D-1 in the not-too-distant future as part of the CAA <- SoCon <- cascade.....
Rumors have the GSC re-stocking with Cumberland (TN) of the NAIA Mid-South and / or Freed-Hardeman of the NAIA TSAC.

The TSAC may be on borrowed time, and shares the same footprint with the NAIA Appalachian Athletic Conference (AAC).
I'm wondering if TSAC will be absorbed by the AAC in the near future ?

I have the AMC at 10 w/ the 2 you said and Benedictine-Springfield (just started sports)

TSAC is D-I and AAC is D-II so I don't know if all of those schools are willing to move down.

Maybe they'll merge w/ the MSC

Geogetown(KY) is leaving for GMAC
Bluefield, Pikeville rumored to being looked at by the EMC in D-II
Cumberland(TN), Bethel(TN), Freed-Hardman have all had articles posted about leaving for D-II.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:58 pm 
Senior
Senior

http://www.amcsportsonline.com/article/912.php

Mid-Continent to Am Midwest in 2013, giving that conference 11 members.

Pure speculation from me, but Lindenwood-Belleville makes sense for AMC #12, as well as for Mid-States football.

Mid-South will have room after UVA-Wise and Georgetown Coll complete their D-II moves, perhaps a few TranSouth leftovers or another indy like Wilberforce ends up there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:00 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

dafoeberezin3494 wrote:

Pure speculation from me, but Lindenwood-Belleville makes sense for AMC #12, as well as for Mid-States football.

Mid-South will have room after UVA-Wise and Georgetown Coll complete their D-II moves, perhaps a few TranSouth leftovers or another indy like Wilberforce ends up there.

AMC has Stephens a women's college that's where he has 11 to my 10. He includes the women's schools.

AMC doesn't have fb and HAAC does so I think Lindenwood-Belleville will try for that first or at least get fb only in the HAAC that has 10 all sports schools

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, I had included Columbia. Wasn't aware that is a woman's college. I live in Missouri and they run commercials for it on TV, and don't make that obvious.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:06 pm 
Junior
Junior

tute79 wrote:
Yes, I had included Columbia. Wasn't aware that is a woman's college. I live in Missouri and they run commercials for it on TV, and don't make that obvious.

You are confusing Columbia College with Stephens College. Columbia is all gender while Stephens is female only...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:11 pm 
Junior
Junior

dafoeberezin3494 wrote:

Lindenwood-Belleville may end up in the HAAC. It's not hard to imagine considering Lindenwood (MO) just left the HAAC and right now Culver-Stockton is on an island as the farthest out. Lindenwood-Belleville is not much farther from St. Charles where Lindenwood is based (add another 45 mins of travel time I think)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

mizzoufan1 wrote:
tute79 wrote:

You are confusing Columbia College with Stephens College. Columbia is all gender while Stephens is female only...

It was me, I looked at my notebook it has Columbia in it, not Stephens. So I posted the wrong school that I have missing(I don't follow womens).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:03 pm 
Junior
Junior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
tute79 wrote:

It was me, I looked at my notebook it has Columbia in it, not Stephens. So I posted the wrong school that I have missing(I don't follow womens).

You are allowed this. It can be confusing here in CoMO at times. Three colleges in one town can be a pain...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:39 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of JBU paper with comments from JBU AD regarding the NAIA SAC situation and their upcoming Sept 12 conference meeting where league membership will be discussed with possible announcements to follow.Link at http://advocate.jbu.edu/?q=node/272

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:30 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

And I think they may be due to lose yet another school.

The NCAA D-2 Great American Conference is now at 6 Arkansas schools and 5 Oklahoma schools.
One would think they would fill out the conference by inviting a 6th Oklahoma school.

They've been pulling them out of the NAIA Sooner Athletic Conference, and I seem to recall that OCU (Oklhoma City University) is a potential invitee.

Anyone know anything more on that ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:09 am 
Freshman
Freshman

The Great South Athletic Conference actually added a school, Trinity Washington University, effectively immediately.
http://www.greatsouth.org/news/2012/9/7 ... 21421.aspx
And another member came in late last month, Pine Manor College, out of Chestnut Hill, Mass.
http://www.greatsouth.org/news/2012/8/2 ... x?path=gen

After Covenant and Huntingdon leave for USA South in 2013, the GSAC will be left with 6 all-female schools. The GSAC might just survive after all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next