NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wiki Map Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

dafoeberezin3494 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
You whine about every little thing. The Commish said it dude, it's going down. Neias(Big 12 Commish at the time) never went on record saying we're officially inviting BYU. Thus you got duped. :o :lol:

Making a post about it means that you care and that you're questioning me. Damn right I take it personal. If you didn't you wouldn't put in the effort to post and or break down the article in a way you see fit to try and help prove some point.

You not taking my bet just means that you're posting to just to be a d*ck to me. You know as well as I do that they are in and it's done. Don't worry about the Map that Tk and I have been doing make your own map and wait until after they personally tell you they're in.

If you didn't know our map is way ahead of where the teams actually are. BCS guy doesn't let him put in future moves until they actually are in and playing.

Look at hickory's post, look at my answer, you came off d*ckish you get this response. Point is I wouldn't post it if it wasn't going down.

Don't leave or Quinn will get mad at me for running you off. I won't lay into you anymore. Look at SJSU and I, we fight, then we're cool again. Same thing w/ the Packers guy.

I'm looking at hickory's post, then your response, then my post. I don't see what part of my post was whiny, d*ckish, or personal. Your response to my post was twice as long and in a far more aggressive tone. I made a post to make a point, that something can be close to official without being official. Yes, a quote from a commissioner is definitely more official than the sources for BYU to the Big 12. You hadn't actually said that by the time of my original post, and in fact hickory's question was whether or not the invites had been accepted, not just if there were official invites extended (that's how this situation reminded me of BYU). You could have explained this point in a civilized manner. You chose to rant instead.

I don't know why you're hanging on this "getting duped" point. I never said that I believed BYU was in the Big 12 for sure. My point, again, was that something can be close to official without being official. I wasn't posting just to be a d*ick. Questioning someone does not equate to a personal attack on them. You don't need to take offense to every little thing someone says to you.

Good luck with the map project. I'll stay out of this thread so that you and Tk can edit your maps in peace.

I didn't know anyone was gonna nitpick my post. EPJr posted on the D-II thread about the PSAC inviting the 2 schools. I don't want to cross reference all my posts that are already posted on this board to people that second guess me, I thought 2000 posts are enough to know I'm not some random guy posting bs just to get a rise out of people. My post was intended for Tk, not really anyone else. Freaked is the only one I know that takes the time to post a link to every relevant conf thread instead of just the one where the schools are moving too. If there was something about SBU and Albany going to the CAA for fb, I woulda just posted it in the CAA thread, he takes the time to do both.

You got ranted on with all the Who are "they" talking to me like you're some English teacher and that I need to justify it to you. Hickory basically said they haven't said yeah but its all but done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Walk me through a few of these please...

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
D-I: Incarnate Word to SLC from LSC
D-II: Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown to PSAC from WVIAC

LSR>SLC is easy
McMurray OK Panhandle State getting invites? RMAC should go after ENMU again to pair w/ SD Mines

SH & PJ > PSAC is easy but what about SH fb? Also in PSAC?
No fb for PJ so they offset CW Post's fb only...weird that they didn't just boot CWP and give Lincoln a call.

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
WAC made it official today that they're dropping football. I made it official when the MWC invited USU, SJSU
I don't manage that fb map so we're still good unless they drop bball (did BSU officially join the Big West? or Idaho the Big Sky?)

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Mountain East

This one got me...you forgot Shepard but I looked it up and double checked, so...

the "New Unnamed Conference" in both fb and bb is the Mountain East right?

Just with Seton Hill went to PSAC, and these...

Notre Dame(OH) (bb from indy but is fb still in GLIAC? If so who will GLIAC add?)
Virginia-Wise (bb from GMAC and fb from indy?)
Urbana (bb from GMAC and fb from GLVC?)
Wheeling Jesuit* (bb only from WVIAC)

That makes it 11 fb and 12 bb right? Weird numbers...makes you wonder why Wheeling was taken over AB who'd make it a simple 12/12?

WVIAC
Davis & Elkins* (no action yet)
Ohio Valley* (no action yet)
Bluefield St.* (no action yet)
Alderson-Broaddus (fb now indy?)

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
My guess is that the leftover WVIAC will merge w/ the GMAC.

It would give them 9 teams, they could include Salem International for 10. Only 4 schools would have fb, 2 already play in the GLVC. GMAC/WVIAC could add 2 more w/ fb and have it as a conf sport or GLVC could just take in A-B and G'Town.

I only have 8 w/ 3 in GLVC

WVIAC possible merge with GMAC (4/1)
Davis & Elkins*
Ohio Valley*
Bluefield St.*
Alderson-Broaddus (fb to GLVC)

GMAC possible merge with WVIAC (4/2)
Trevecca Nazarene*
Kentucky Wesleyan (fb in GLVC)
Central State (fb in GLVC)
Cedarville*

Possible Indys? (3/0)
Oakland City*
Salem International*
Washington Adventists*

Possible NAIA upgrades? (1/1)
Georgetown (KY) (bb to GMAC and fb to GLVC)

Total (12/4) so GLVC looks most likely

Tell me the moves in BOLD are right and I'll fix this tomorrow night...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:07 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
Walk me through a few of these please...

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
D-I: Incarnate Word to SLC from LSC
D-II: Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown to PSAC from WVIAC

LSR>SLC is easy
McMurray OK Panhandle State getting invites? RMAC should go after ENMU again to pair w/ SD MinesMcMurry is probably a lock to join the LSC, Wayland Baptist will probably move to D-II and join once they get fb going. OPSU likes being Indy so I hear. ENMU considered the RMAC last year but decided to stay in the LSC

SH & PJ > PSAC is easy but what about SH fb? Also in PSAC?
No fb for PJ so they offset CW Post's fb only...weird that they didn't just boot CWP and give Lincoln a call.SH will play football in the PSAC to make 16 team. LIU-Post(they changed their name) said they will move fb to the NE-10

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
WAC made it official today that they're dropping football. I made it official when the MWC invited USU, SJSU
I don't manage that fb map so we're still good unless they drop bball (did BSU officially join the Big West? or Idaho the Big Sky?)Basically both are gone, Idaho has a BoR meeting soon. BSU claims they're in, thus the sudden BoR meeting by Idaho to leave

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Mountain East

This one got me...you forgot Shepard but I looked it up and double checked, so...Nice catch, sorry I forgot them

the "New Unnamed Conference" in both fb and bb is the Mountain East right?Yes

Just with Seton Hill went to PSAC, and these...

Notre Dame(OH) (bb from indy but is fb still in GLIAC? If so who will GLIAC add?) ND is all sports in the MEC. GLIAC will need to find a 16th. Central St. is the only option left in their footprint, I don't know if they'll get added
Virginia-Wise (bb from GMAC and fb from indy?)Yes all of the MEC schools are for all sports in MEC, Wheeling is the only one w/o fb
Urbana (bb from GMAC and fb from GLVC?)yes
Wheeling Jesuit* (bb only from WVIAC)

That makes it 11 fb and 12 bb right? Weird numbers...makes you wonder why Wheeling was taken over AB who'd make it a simple 12/12?A-B voted against adding Va-Wise and the other fb schools wanted them, thus they got mad and left them out

WVIAC
Davis & Elkins* (no action yet)
Ohio Valley* (no action yet)
Bluefield St.* (no action yet)
Alderson-Broaddus (fb now indy?)
yes. I think the GMAC and WVIAC will end up merging and if they can land 2 more w/ fb they can have it as a conf sport

Fresno St. Alum wrote:

It would give them 9 teams, they could include Salem International for 10. Only 4 schools would have fb, 2 already play in the GLVC. GMAC/WVIAC could add 2 more w/ fb and have it as a conf sport or GLVC could just take in A-B and G'Town.

I only have 8 w/ 3 in GLVC

WVIAC possible merge with GMAC (4/1)
Davis & Elkins*
Ohio Valley*
Bluefield St.*
Alderson-Broaddus (fb to GLVC)

GMAC possible merge with WVIAC (4/2)
Trevecca Nazarene*
Kentucky Wesleyan (fb in GLVC)
Central State (fb in GLVC)
Cedarville*

Possible Indys? (3/0)
Oakland City*
Salem International*
Washington Adventists*

Possible NAIA upgrades? (1/1)
Georgetown (KY) (bb to GMAC and fb to GLVC)

Total (12/4) so GLVC looks most likely

Tell me the moves in BOLD are right and I'll fix this tomorrow night...

WVIAC has 3(0 fb)
MEC has 12(11 fb)
GMAC has 5(3 fb in the GLVC) (6th Georgetown(has fb) has been invited and will re-apply)

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Fixed: A-B just announced Sun. they'll be joining the GMAC. Also the MEC plan is to have 14 fb playing schools. Bluefield(NAIA), Frostburg(D-III), Pikeville(NAIA), UNCP(D-II) have all been mentioned.

Mountain East (*no fb)
Shepherd
Concord
W.Liberty
Fairmont St.
Glenville St.
Charleston
W.Virginia St.
W.Virginia Wesleyan
Notre Dame(OH)
Virginia-Wise
Urbana
Wheeling Jesuit*

WVIAC(dead)
Bluefield St.*(Indy)

GMAC
Alderson-Broaddus
Central St.
Kentucky Wesleyan
Davis & Elkins*
Ohio Valley*
Cedarville*
Trevecca Nazarene*

Georgetown(KY)-rejected for D-II membership

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:23 am 
All-Star
All-Star

For those who care (I know that you don't get excited about women's colleges, Fresno), the GMAC does include an Ohio women's college - Ursuline.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:50 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:
For those who care (I know that you don't get excited about women's colleges, Fresno), the GMAC does include an Ohio women's college - Ursuline.

We know, there's also Texas Women's and Converse but the map is for mens bball. I get excited about women colleges and women in college :P just not their sports.

SLC adds UNO(making a joint presser w/ SLC) and ACU(ACU isn't supposed to announce until Sat for some reason)

Ohio Valley and Davis & Elkins are applying to the GMAC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:10 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ACU announcement is delayed until Saturday, when their Board meets to "ratify" the move (a formality).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:02 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SLC adds Abilene Christian, Incarnate Word, New Orleans
BW adds Boise St. (they say it's done, you can choose what you want to do w/ it)

GMAC adds Alderson Broaddus, Ohio Valley, Davis & Elkins
PSAC adds Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown
CW Post changes name to LIU-Post (football only move to NE-10)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
SLC adds Abilene Christian, Incarnate Word, New Orleans
BW adds Boise St. (they say it's done, you can choose what you want to do w/ it)

GMAC adds Alderson Broaddus, Ohio Valley, Davis & Elkins
PSAC adds Seton Hill, Pitt.-Johnstown
CW Post changes name to LIU-Post (football only move to NE-10)

Thanks FSA, I've updated everything including Stoney Brook and Albany to CAA but not the BSU/Idaho moves (also looking at Rhode Island moving back to CAA and C Conn) updated but not uploaded still working on those minor corrections from your friend, should have it all done this weekend.

Last edited by TKthunder on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Haven't seen anything official about URI football or Central Connecticut State (going to CAA all-sports or going to AE / CAAFB).

All involved are doing a pretty good job of maintaining a news black-out on any on-going discussions.

Haven't heard a peep relating to CAA expansion for quite a while. IF anybody has seen anything of substance, please post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:08 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Will move Boise St bb to Big West and Central St fb to SIAC (still holding on Idaho)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:59 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

So the next thing we wait for is Idaho to make it official.

Then things will shift to the WAC to see if others leave or they bring in the GWC. Also the CAA and the SoCon schools

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:02 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Didn't get to D3 changes but everything else is done...

UPDATED AND UPLOADED

D1 BB - Major changes- Southland adds Abilene Christian, Incarnate Word, New Orleans; and Big West adds Boise St.

Minor changes- Corrected locations for Manhattan, Fordham, Columbia, Long Island, St. John's, St. Francis, UMBC, Coppin St, Loyola, Morgan, Eastern Michigan, New Orleans, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern, and Nichols St.

FCS - Major changes- Southland adds Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word; and changed Stony Brook and Albany to CAA.

Minor changes- Corrected locations for Fordham, Columbia, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern, and Nichols St.

D2 FB - Major changes - Removed Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word (both upgrading the FCS Southland); Moved Seton Hill to PSAC, Changed "New Unnamed Conference" to the Mountain East Conference and added Virginia Wise, Urbana and ND-OH; Moved Central State to SIAC; Removed WVIAC; Changed name of CW Post to LIU Post; Moved Alderson-Broaddus to Indy and added Georgetown (KY) as Indy.

Minor changes -
Corrected locations for Florida Tech, Lincoln, Lindenwood, Missouri S&T, and McKendree, Carson-Newman, Lincoln Memorial, and Tusculum.

D2 BB - Major changes - Removed Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word (both upgrading the FCS Southland); Moved Seton Hill and Pitt-Johnstown to PSAC, Changed "New Unnamed Conference" to the Mountain East Conference and added Virginia Wise, Urbana, ND-OH, and Wheeling Jesuit; Removed WVIAC; Changed name of CW Post to LIU Post; Moved Alderson-Broaddus, Ohio Valley, Davis & Elkins and added Georgetown (KY) to GMAC and changed its color to red; and Moved Bluefield St. to Indy

Minor changes -
Corrected locations for Florida Tech, Lincoln, Lindenwood, Missouri S&T, and McKendree, Carson-Newman, Lincoln Memorial, and Tusculum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Loyola(MD) to the Patriot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:46 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

D1 BB- Updated and Uploaded
Major Changes - Moved Loyola (MD) to Patriot from MAAC
Minor Changes - Corrected colors of MAAC and MEAC (were reversed) in tables

I TOOK OVER THE BCS AND FBS MAPS (GUY STILL HADN'T CORRECT NEW SEC/B12 etc)

keeping with the current year format...

BCS - Updated and Uploaded
2012 updates -added Temple to Big East, moved A&M/Mizzou to SEC and WVU/TCU to Big 12

also keeping with the current year format...

FBS - Updated and Uploaded
2012 updates -moved Temple to Big East, moved A&M/Mizzou to SEC and WVU/TCU to Big 12, moved Hawaii/Nevada/FresnoSt to MWC, added UMass to MAC, TexasST/UTSA to WAC, and South Alabama to SunBelt

FCS - Updated and Uploaded
Removed 2012 FBS upgrades UMass (MAC) South Alabama (SBC) and UTSA/TexasSt (WAC)
Changed Rhode Island back to CAA fb, no longer moving to NEC in 2013

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next