NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:37 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Bluefield with comments from BSC official regarding the WVIAC and his school's realignment situation at http://bdtonline.com/collegesports/x257 ... t-in-WVIAC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Another great find, Freaked !

This article appears to explain why Bluefield State held up on the GMAC invitation.
Although the decision seems like a "no brainer", the new incoming college President must have told those curently in charge to wait for her stamp of approval.

Face it - the GMAC needs members and would likely grant Bluefield State some time to mull things over.
The GMAC is building a conference with teams moving up from NAIA, and no new D-2 members (such as Georgetown) will be available before July 2013, at the earliest.

Post subject: CSU football joins SIAC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Atlanta, GA—The Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) Council of Presidents, by unanimous vote, approved the application of Central State University (OH) to become a football member of the SIAC, effective July 1, 2013.

http://hbcusportscentral.com/2012/08/24 ... join-siac/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:28 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Newsday article with comments from PSAC Commish regarding league expansion and possibility of LIU Post FB leaving in the future.Link at http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/c ... -1.3926558

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:12 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SCSU may come back to D2 as part of larger cost cutting at school

http://www.hbcudigest.com/facing-6-mill ... athletics/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Would it be easier for SC State to drop Football and reinstate Men's Golf? I know football is probably most of their revenue, but it would rid them of most of their expenses. There just isn't any meaningful revenue in Division II.

Post subject: the new PSAC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:58 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

With the two new schools, Murray said one idea being considered is to divide the 18 schools into three six-team divisions. Each team would play their divisional foes twice and every other member of the conference once, rotating on a home-and-away basis each season. That adds up to a 22-game conference schedule, the same number the teams currently play.

Murray said IUP would most likely be placed in a division with UPJ, Clarion, Lock Haven, Mansfield and Bloomsburg.

According to Murray, the idea of keeping basketball in two divisions met with resistance. If the league had two nine-team divisions, each team would play 16 division games. If they played a full crossover schedule, that would add up to 25 games. The NCAA allows only 26 games, and most teams either host or play in a tip-off and holiday tournament. And playing a partial crossover schedule isn't fair because some teams would have a more difficult schedule than others.

And with the PSAC basketball playoffs set to expand this season from eight teams to 12 teams, having three divisions means teams would have to place in the top four in their division to get to the postseason

http://www.indianagazette.com/a_sports/ ... 38c93.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

At the end of the day, why in the heck did Kentucky Wesleyan leave a very strong basketball conference (GLIAC) for what is turning into a bit of a mess of a league (the GMAC)?

Unless I am missing something, all that this league currently consists of are schools from Ohio (Cedarville and Ursuline, which is a Women's Only School), Tennessee (Trevecca), and West Virginia (Alderson-Broaddus, Davis & Elkins, and Ohio Valley). Bluefield State may take an invite eventually as well, and Georgetown College, if they eventually are approved, may be in the league as well. As it stands right now, including KWC, that's only six Men's Athletics Programs.

Would KWC go back to the GLIAC?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:21 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Mississippi College chooses Division II

Mississippi College is expected to announce that it will be leaving the NCAA Division III to return to the NCAA Division II beginning with the 2014-15 school year. Sources with knowledge of the situation say that the Gulf South Conference has extended an invitation and that the school’s administration will accept.

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2012/0 ... chooses-d2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:35 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

There were a top D-II fb school until they got busted and moved to D-III. They should have never left D-II. The once overflowing ASC in D-III w/ 16 schools that turned down UNO now down to 11. I bet 1 or 2 more Tx schools w/ fb like Mary-Hardin Baylor will move to D-II soon too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm 
Junior
Junior

Is it my imagination or is next year a HUGE year in regards to D-II movement? I am sure I am forgetting about all the moves that occured this year but it feels like 2013 is going to be big for D-II and the relialignment wave that is going on right now...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:26 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think next year is expected to have a ton of applicants.

Maybe about a dozen or so, like this year.

Georgetown (KY) and Cal-San Marcos (NAIA) were denied last year and iwll re-apply.
Mississippi College (above)
A few Mexican schools may try their luck.
See Senior Reports web site, they maintain a list.
The applications are due about June 30th, and the NCAA membership committee announces approvals around July 10th or so.
Nominally, they will accept up to about 8 qualified applicants in a given year.

I think GSC may invite a few more (thinking North Alabama and West Gerogia may move up to SoCon or other D-1 FCS conference,
and GAC may invite one school to get to 12.
I look at Colorado College in D-3 (the only D-3 school in Mountain Time Zone) and wonder why they stay in D-3...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:
I don't think next year is expected to have a ton of applicants.

Maybe about a dozen or so, like this year.

Georgetown (KY) and Cal-San Marcos (NAIA) were denied last year and iwll re-apply.
Mississippi College (above)
A few Mexican schools may try their luck.
See Senior Reports web site, they maintain a list.
The applications are due about June 30th, and the NCAA membership committee announces approvals around July 10th or so.
Nominally, they will accept up to about 8 qualified applicants in a given year.

I think GSC may invite a few more (thinking North Alabama and West Gerogia may move up to SoCon or other D-1 FCS conference,
and GAC may invite one school to get to 12.
I look at Colorado College in D-3 (the only D-3 school in Mountain Time Zone) and wonder why they stay in D-3...

I thought senior reports posted that you have to apply for D-II by feb. now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:45 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I'm sure they would know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:27 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Spring Hill is applying to D-II and the SIAC
Purdue-Calumet likely to apply for D-II

C.Arkansas thinking about saving money and moving back to D-II? How bout don't spend money on alternating grey and purple field turf.
Senior Reports has all this

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 45  Next