NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Release from official WAC site announcing that Chicago State will be joining the WAC for 2013-2014.Link at http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.db ... =205820763

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:26 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

UTPA not mentioned in the press release. They should also be coming in Summer 2013.
Apparently they werre not mentioned, since the U of Texas Board has yet to officially approve.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:13 am 
Freshman
Freshman

UTPA to WAC is official. Will be member starting in 2013.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/ar ... 0f31a.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 am 
Junior
Junior

richmole wrote:

The WAC is charging and admission fee?!? That HAS to be the funniest thing I've read all day!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 am 
All-Star
All-Star

mizzoufan1 wrote:
richmole wrote:

The WAC is charging and admission fee?!? That HAS to be the funniest thing I've read all day!

$1 :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
Junior
Junior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
richmole wrote:

It was in the article! $150,000 a year for three years!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

mizzoufan1 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
richmole wrote:

It was a typo $1.50000 :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:07 pm 
Junior
Junior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
richmole wrote:

It was a typo $1.50000 :twisted:

You are SO mean to the poor little WAC...wait, We should all be mean to the poor little WAC (i.e. Kick the dog while its down...)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

It's very sad and unfortunate that the WAC has to remove football after the 2012-13 season, and all thanks to the current conference realignment within the past few years, like Boise State joining the MWC in 2011-12 for all sports (which Fresno State and Nevada and Hawaii followed during this season, which the exception for Hawaii was that the Rainbow Warriors joined the Big West for all sports and the MWC only for football). Football could be saved if the WAC could possibly expand all the Dakota schools (North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State), Northern Colorado, Southern Utah and Nebraska-Omaha (who recently no longer sponsors football as of this season). Just my opinion.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:15 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
It's very sad and unfortunate that the WAC has to remove football after the 2012-13 season, and all thanks to the current conference realignment within the past few years, like Boise State joining the MWC in 2011-12 for all sports (which Fresno State and Nevada and Hawaii followed during this season, which the exception for Hawaii was that the Rainbow Warriors joined the Big West for all sports and the MWC only for football). Football could be saved if the WAC could possibly expand all the Dakota schools (North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State), Northern Colorado, Southern Utah and Nebraska-Omaha (who recently no longer sponsors football as of this season). Just my opinion.
[quote="ncaanopaawaa2000"]

So do you mean the WAC should go back to FBS with these schools upgrading, or have FCS football? Either way that doesn't seem likely. The Mountain West and Big Sky take up most of the room in the west, and losing all of the Dakota schools would basically kill the Summit League.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:00 am 
All-Star
All-Star

robconstant wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:

So do you mean the WAC should go back to FBS with these schools upgrading, or have FCS football? Either way that doesn't seem likely. The Mountain West and Big Sky take up most of the room in the west, and losing all of the Dakota schools would basically kill the Summit League.

Either way, yes. And I know that it would kill the Summit League if they lose the Dakota schools. But I believe that both the Summit League should merge with the Horizon League and convert into a super-conference since the two conferences in between are non-football conferences and have mostly non-football schools. And between the two, they should lose the football-sponsoring schools to the Missouri Valley Conference. Just my opinion.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

There's a huge difference between the Summit and the Horizon and while they are both pretty much one bid leagues the Horizon views itself as being far ahead of the Summit. Note that the Horizon has had months to name a 10th school to replace Butler but haven't. They dont seem particularly keen on adding any of the schools in the eastern wing of the Summit or the NEC's Robert Morris at this time--I doubt they would take them all in if the Summit imploded.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I think they are being smart and waiting for the entire C7 - A10 - CAA / AE / NEC thing to shake out.
It appears the AE is dong the same, having discussions and planning for various contingencies, but really WAITING to see what happens up above in C7 - A10 - CAA...

Say the Catholic 7 decide to expand ONLY with Catholic schools.... (not that far-fetched !).
If they took Xaiver, Dayton, and SLU, then Butler might be the only A-10 school west of Pittsburgh and might want to reneg on their departure from Horizon.
NOT LIKELY - but stranger things have happened. (just ask the folks trying to manage this whole realignment thing at Seattle U or SDSU !)

Realignment really trickles down from above (in the grand pecking-order of conferences), and you can't control what happens at the level(s) above you.
Often the best ultimate situation is reached by waiting and strategizing based on who is likely to come available,
rather than reacting immediately by jumping at something that is less than desirable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

tute79 wrote:
I think they are being smart and waiting for the entire C7 - A10 - CAA / AE / NEC thing to shake out.
It appears the AE is dong the same, having discussions and planning for various contingencies, but really WAITING to see what happens up above in C7 - A10 - CAA...

Say the Catholic 7 decide to expand ONLY with Catholic schools.... (not that far-fetched !).
If they took Xaiver, Dayton, and SLU, then Butler might be the only A-10 school west of Pittsburgh and might want to reneg on their departure from Horizon.
NOT LIKELY - but stranger things have happened. (just ask the folks trying to manage this whole realignment thing at Seattle U or SDSU !)

Realignment really trickles down from above (in the grand pecking-order of conferences), and you can't control what happens at the level(s) above you.
Often the best ultimate situation is reached by waiting and strategizing based on who is likely to come available,
rather than reacting immediately by jumping at something that is less than desirable.

Right. I think a lot of these conferences are maintaining a holding pattern until the conferences above them get things straightened out. AmEast is probably waiting to see how hard CAA gets hit by the A-10 and hoping that it will be hard enough to convince the northern wing of CAA to join them.

The Horizon probably doesn't have a real sense of urgency since the schools it would be considering have no where else to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:09 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
There's a huge difference between the Summit and the Horizon and while they are both pretty much one bid leagues the Horizon views itself as being far ahead of the Summit. Note that the Horizon has had months to name a 10th school to replace Butler but haven't. They dont seem particularly keen on adding any of the schools in the eastern wing of the Summit or the NEC's Robert Morris at this time--I doubt they would take them all in if the Summit imploded.

True, but both of them (Horizon and Summit) are conferences in the Midwestern U.S. I was expecting that a merger of the two can work so that the Dakota schools would be great candidates to join the WAC (to possibly revive football as a sponsored sport, either to maintain in the FBS level or to downgrade in the FCS level). Plus, within that fan-based planned merger I have in mind, the football-sponsoring schools (Valparaiso (PFL) and Youngstown State [MVFC] of the Horizon; and Nebraska-Omaha [who dropped football to join the Summit in the first place after upgrading from D-II]) should join the MVC, with the already-affiliated MVFC members Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State and Northern Iowa, bringing back football to the MVC, as an FCS conference. Besides, I made like a map-like diagram just in case a future or proposed conference realignment might occur within the Horizon, Summit and MVC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 99  Next