NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 37  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 881
Quinn wrote:
JPSchmack wrote:
I assume you're the same BigE from the A10 basketball forum: http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/

Sweet. We can talk about those posters behind their backs here!


Indeed. But with VCU and Butler joining, wouldnt' it be more constructive to leave that forum in favor of http://a10talk.com. One is run by A10 fans, one is just some general basketball forum that the A10 fans squatted on since it was an upgrade over the voy forum.


If I post on one and not the other, the people who don't like me have somewhere to go.

If my constant OOC scheduling and RPI rants annoy everyone to the point that I'm alone on the other board, the A10 guys will still have a board for and by A10 folks. If I did it the other way, they'd have to abandon ship for a generic forum.

_________________
1897-1898 | 1900-06 | 1926-27 | 1929-30 | 1939 | 1942


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:00 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: Richmond, Virginia
JPSchmack wrote:
Quinn wrote:
JPSchmack wrote:
I assume you're the same BigE from the A10 basketball forum: http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/

Sweet. We can talk about those posters behind their backs here!


Indeed. But with VCU and Butler joining, wouldnt' it be more constructive to leave that forum in favor of http://a10talk.com. One is run by A10 fans, one is just some general basketball forum that the A10 fans squatted on since it was an upgrade over the voy forum.


If I post on one and not the other, the people who don't like me have somewhere to go.

If my constant OOC scheduling and RPI rants annoy everyone to the point that I'm alone on the other board, the A10 guys will still have a board for and by A10 folks. If I did it the other way, they'd have to abandon ship for a generic forum.


A-10 posters using both for the time being


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:38 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:57 pm
Posts: 78
new A-10 tv deal.


http://news.providencejournal.com/sport ... sence.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7411
Hoops Weiss article comparing A-10 and BE BB after the latest round of conference realignment at http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... -1.1196396


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 881
Yeah, well, now I'm panicked.

_________________
1897-1898 | 1900-06 | 1926-27 | 1929-30 | 1939 | 1942


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:47 am
Posts: 681
Location: Columbus, OH
JPSchmack wrote:
Yeah, well, now I'm panicked.


I guess that really depends on who your team is. If you follow Xavier or St Louis or Dayton you could potentially find your school in a better conference with the refugees from Big East Catholic basketball if the Big east splits now that the schools that bonded the Big East together are all gone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 881
fighting muskie wrote:
JPSchmack wrote:
Yeah, well, now I'm panicked.


I guess that really depends on who your team is. If you follow Xavier or St Louis or Dayton you could potentially find your school in a better conference with the refugees from Big East Catholic basketball if the Big east splits now that the schools that bonded the Big East together are all gone.


Undergrad at St. Bonaventure. Grad at Dayton.

I want my Bonnies in the #7 conference in basketball; not relegated to a lesser league.

_________________
1897-1898 | 1900-06 | 1926-27 | 1929-30 | 1939 | 1942


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1444
JPSchmack wrote:
Undergrad at St. Bonaventure. Grad at Dayton.

I want my Bonnies in the #7 conference in basketball; not relegated to a lesser league.

So are you rooting for the ACC to take Nova/Gtown/StJohns thinking that the A10 would take DePaul, Seton Hall, Providence, and Marquette add go to 18?

Or do you think 16 is the max and they might split off into a more lean and mean conference?

Also random aside, George Mason is still waiting if they lose UMass to CUSA (after the BE trickle down)

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:16 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
FYI JP was there that 1 year(2000) when they made the tourney and is on the 1 shinning moment video. We are from schools that suck at basketball but happened to be in college the short time they were good. :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 881
tkalmus wrote:
JPSchmack wrote:
Undergrad at St. Bonaventure. Grad at Dayton.

I want my Bonnies in the #7 conference in basketball; not relegated to a lesser league.

So are you rooting for the ACC to take Nova/Gtown/StJohns thinking that the A10 would take DePaul, Seton Hall, Providence, and Marquette add go to 18?

Or do you think 16 is the max and they might split off into a more lean and mean conference?

Also random aside, George Mason is still waiting if they lose UMass to CUSA (after the BE trickle down)


I'm not rooting for the ACC to take Nova/GTown/St.John's. If the Big East stays a hybrid, the A-10's #7.
If the ACC starts a hybrid, the Big East could raid the A-10; or worse, cause the top of the A-10 to start a new league with Marquette, DePaul, Providence and Seton Hall. No way my Bona gets an invite to that.

_________________
1897-1898 | 1900-06 | 1926-27 | 1929-30 | 1939 | 1942


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: Richmond, Virginia
The Atlantic 10 has discussed the possibility of a 21-team basketball league in the event that the changing conference landscape makes high-profile Big East schools available, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com Tuesday.
The A-10 has been proactive over the last year, strengthening its brand as a high-profile basketball conference with the additions of Butler and VCU, two programs that were in the 2011 Final Four.
The A-10 currently is a 16-team conference for the 2012-13 season, but Temple and Charlotte are set to leave for the Big East and Conference USA, respectively.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... l-schools/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:04 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
With the reports that the A10 will reach out to the Big East non-football schools, a potential look of some division options:

EAST:
Massachusetts
Providence
Rhode Island
St. Johns
Fordham
Seton Hall
Villanova
Georgetown
George Washington
Richmond
Virginia Commonwealth

WEST:
Saint Louis
Depaul
Marquette
Butler
Dayton
Xavier
Duquesne
St. Bonaventure
Saint Joseph's
La Salle


- Nova gets to be lone Philly school in the east
- Gotta think it might make sense to include another western school like a Creighton for a balanced 22 if doing 2 divisions

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:24 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1444
Quinn wrote:
With the reports that the A10 will reach out to the Big East non-football schools, a potential look of some division options:

EAST:
Massachusetts
Providence
Rhode Island
St. Johns
Fordham
Seton Hall
Villanova
Georgetown
George Washington
Richmond
Virginia Commonwealth

WEST:
Saint Louis
Depaul
Marquette
Butler
Dayton
Xavier
Duquesne
St. Bonaventure
Saint Joseph's
La Salle


- Nova gets to be lone Philly school in the east
- Gotta think it might make sense to include another western school like a Creighton for a balanced 22 if doing 2 divisions

If they are serious about keeping 21 (and not going to 22)
NORTH:
Massachusetts
Providence
Rhode Island
St. Johns
Fordham
Seton Hall
St. Bonaventure (odd ball but fits)

EAST:
Saint Joseph's
Villanova
La Salle
Georgetown
George Washington
Richmond
Virginia Commonwealth

WEST:
Saint Louis
Depaul
Marquette
Butler
Dayton
Xavier
Duquesne (odd ball but fits)

Play everyone home and home in your division (12) plus 4 from each of the other 2 (4+4) and designate a "rival" in those games if needed. For the conference tourney take the top 2 from each division plus 2 at large for a simple seeded 8 or go to 16 giving the top 5 in each division bids plus 1 at large.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:30 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1708
If there were a reason to merge with the A-10, you could get to 24, by bringing in UConn, Temple, and Cincy, and have those 3 play MAC FB along with UMass.
That would get MAC FB to 16.

Boise and SDSU back to the MWC, for 11/12 (BYU, Idaho, and NMSU are still out there....).

UCF, USF, ECU, Memphis, Houston, SMU talk to CUSA.... that would make 14 + 6 = 20.

CUSA + MWC would have 32 = 2 16-team conferences.

I know.... dream conference thread.... OR IS IT ???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
tute79 wrote:
If there were a reason to merge with the A-10, you could get to 24, by bringing in UConn, Temple, and Cincy, and have those 3 play MAC FB along with UMass.
That would get MAC FB to 16.

Boise and SDSU back to the MWC, for 11/12 (BYU, Idaho, and NMSU are still out there....).

UCF, USF, ECU, Memphis, Houston, SMU talk to CUSA.... that would make 14 + 6 = 20.

CUSA + MWC would have 32 = 2 16-team conferences.

I know.... dream conference thread.... OR IS IT ???


Look, I like the MAC...had a great year and it's where my school, UMass, is. But the Big East, even with CUSA members is still a better overall conference than the MAC would be for FB. Better TV money, better markets.

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 37  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 

cron




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group