NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:29 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

why did the leave the American East in the first place? I know they cannot be happy in the NEC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:15 am 
Senior
Senior

Has NJIT applied for the NEC?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Blog article out of Albany(previously posted in another thread) reporting that NEC schools Quinnipiac and Monmouth are talking to MAAC about joining that league at http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesport ... maac/14510

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:42 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of New Haven(previously posted in another thread) also discussing reports of NEC schools,Quinnipiac and Monmouth talking about MAAC membership at http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2012 ... 080813.txt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Door opening for NJIT and LIU-Post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:52 pm 
Junior
Junior

I would think the NEC stays at ten unless you get a Delaware State and LIU-Post. I just do not see NJIT as a great fit for the NEC and I am surprised they have not received an AEast invite.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:06 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

dgreco wrote:
I would think the NEC stays at ten unless you get a Delaware State and LIU-Post. I just do not see NJIT as a great fit for the NEC and I am surprised they have not received an AEast invite.

I think he meant American East would invite them once the trickle down is done...or at least thats what I was thinking too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:22 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
dgreco wrote:

I think he meant American East would invite them once the trickle down is done...or at least thats what I was thinking too.

No, I meant NEC, the door has been open for the AEC and they aren't calling. I know that NJIT is updating its facilities to get the AEC to notice them, but if they don't NEC is the next best thing. FYI Wagner is also being mentioned now as a future MAAC member. They'd be down to 9. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I wonder if the NEC intends to allow Monmouth, and any other potentially departing football playing member, to keep their football in the NEC. The football league could be in serious danger if they do not retain football programs like Monmouth.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:19 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The MAAC will be picking up two solid schools within the footprint. I'm also asking myself who #12 is going to be. As all the MAAC schools are private I'm going to guess a 3rd private school from the NEC like the aforementioned Wagner University. The NEC might be in some trouble though; losing 3 members to the MAAC might push Robert Morris closer to the Horizon League and Central Connecticut St towards America East/CAA fb.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:02 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

MAAC replaces loss of Loyola with Quinnipiac, Monmouth and Wagner:

http://collegesportsinfo.com/2012/12/12 ... nd-wagner/

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:25 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I expect that by Christmas Central Connecticut St will announce they are going to America East/CAA fb now that the NEC has just lost 3 members to the MAAC.

With what is going on with the Big East Catholic 7 and the A-10 I imagine the conferences in the Northeastern United States are in for a real shake up. A depleted A-10 is going to look to probably CAA and MAAC for replacements. Depending on what happens, the Patriot might jump in and grab a school or two like William and Mary that fits their profile. I still think the America East might make a powerplay to take over administration of CAA fb. This probably wont be the last announcement that a school is leaving the NEC for somewhere else

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:28 pm 
Senior
Senior

fighting muskie wrote:
I expect that by Christmas Central Connecticut St will announce they are going to America East/CAA fb now that the NEC has just lost 3 members to the MAAC.

With what is going on with the Big East Catholic 7 and the A-10 I imagine the conferences in the Northeastern United States are in for a real shake up. A depleted A-10 is going to look to probably CAA and MAAC for replacements. Depending on what happens, the Patriot might jump in and grab a school or two like William and Mary that fits their profile. I still think the America East might make a powerplay to take over administration of CAA fb. This probably wont be the last announcement that a school is leaving the NEC for somewhere else

I think you may be right. If the seven catholic schools grab 5-7 A-10 schools, the A-10 will be very depleted. Rhode Island could look to the American East (gives them 10 with C. Conn). That means 6 CAA football schools would be in the AEast. They may just keep the status quo but the AEast will likely have more than half the members of the CAA football conference for some time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

fighting muskie wrote:

I think CCSU could goto the AE, something I've been hoping for for years. But I dont' see them upgrading football to the CAA unless the CAA really wants them...which if they did, they likely would have already invited them. I expect CCSU to remain in the NEC as a football affiliate if they leave, same as Wagner and Monmouth. With Albany leaving, the NEC needs members, like Duquesne is, to keep membership numbers up for football.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Bridgeport(previously posted in another post)discussing tomorrow's probable MAAC Presidents vote on league expansion that should/could include multiple NEC schools at http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/A- ... 113112.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next