NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:07 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 59  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Blog article out of Boise with comments from MWC Commish regarding membership negotiations with SDSU and BYU.I would be surprised if SDSU did not announce rejoining the MWC by the end of this month.Link at http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2013/0 ... ase_with_b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

westwolf wrote:
Here's my source. You're right to challenge but it's the only one I've seen for 2012. Maybe a typically SEC-skewed source.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/12/college_football_regular-seaso.html

Not saying he's wrong but he's quoting the NCAA's site which doesn't have anything posted yet.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/stats/football/attendance/index.html

A 41% drop seems awfully high, and yeah it might just be because they lost Fresno/Hawaii/Nevada/Boise but like I said, they still had some good games.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
here's the BSU deal they get 300 to 500K bonus, home or away if their game is on ABC/ESPN. Read my questions in the thread and let me know if any of you tv guys can answer them.

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=45164

I am also very confused about this deal but it make absolutely zero sense to give Boise a bonus just for being on national TV for the benefit of another conference. They get that money already either in the body bag fee. If they get a return trip which I understand giving them more money or a game that is worthy of national TV.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:05 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

The BYU rumors picked up with various comments on radio (one involving the AFA radio guy in an Albuquerque interview, another from Colorado, another from Utah) and then Twitter. It's one of those "all-of-a-sudden-the-word-sprouts-in-several-different-places" things, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Here's a story about it...

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2013/1/4/3835688/reports-byu-close-to-returning-to-mountain-west

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:46 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

The Bishin Cutter wrote:
That aside, there's all sorts of stuff popping up over the WCC's commissioner tweet about looking out for one's best interest. People are linking it to a BYU-to-MWC story. I think it could be about them OR Gonzaga.

Here's the tweet...

@WCC_Commish "We will continue to monitor landscape" now replaced w/ "we will do what is in best interest of (name here) University." #GreatJobBadBusiness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Brian Murphy @murphsturph 1h
Thompson also clear re: MW TV deals: "We're not talking about a $250M Pac-12 deal. We're not talking anything in that stratosphere."
View details ·
Brian Murphy @murphsturph 1h
MW Commish Thompson said TV deals will cover bonus payments. Won't dip into other revenue streams for tv bonus payments.
View details ·

Sounds like a new TV deal is getting done with an increase.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:32 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:

They used the MWC message board as their source so.... it's a bunch of bs. BYU aint coming

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
tkalmus wrote:

They used the MWC message board as their source so.... it's a bunch of bs. BYU aint coming

Nothing would surprise me at this point. In this case, either direction.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:44 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of San Diego discussing SDSU conference situation at http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jan ... st-or-west

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Andy Katz blog article(previously posted in another thread)reporting(scroll down)that the MWC plans to move on SDSU by the end of this week and must then decide whether to stay at 12 or go to 14.Link at http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... rik-murphy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Andy Katz blog article(previously posted in another thread)reporting(scroll down)that the MWC plans to move on SDSU by the end of this week and must then decide whether to stay at 12 or go to 14.Link at http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... rik-murphy

"The MWC has interest in SMU and Houston, but SMU has let it be known to the MWC it has no interest as the Mustangs and Cougars are set to go to the Big East."

tkalmus wrote:
Houston officials ‘undoubtedly disappointed’ in latest realignment shuffling

http://blog.chron.com/cougars/2012/12/h ... shuffling/

Hearing on talk radio that Houston to the Mountain West is a real possibility, and UTEP may be the tag-a-long NOT SMU.

Rice would then join the nBE w/ Tulsa and reunite with Tulane/SMU

And FSA remember what that guy from the csn board claimed...
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Your "source" obviously doesn't know SMU...Right now Houston and SMU are working in tandem. We are shopping the Houston/Dallas markets together and the MWC or BE is not our endgame

Seems pretty obvious that SMU is Big East or bust but Houston is looking at all their options...and that I am awesome. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:55 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

It's interesting that Andy Katz would stick this little tidbit of knowledge in the 3rd point of his 3-Point Shot rather that write a whole article on in it.

As for the part about SMU I wonder if its one of those obligatory promises of loyalty that schools make right before jumping conferences or if they are really that adamant about Big East-or-bust. This article sounds like the MWC has ruled out the 16 team idea. If they go to 14 my guess is that Houston and SMU are the picks and if SMU refuses UTEP gets the call. Tulsa will then get a call up to the Big East regardless of how this plays out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

"The MWC has interest in SMU and Houston, but SMU has let it be known to the MWC it has no interest as the Mustangs and Cougars are set to go to the Big East."

tkalmus wrote:
Houston officials ‘undoubtedly disappointed’ in latest realignment shuffling

http://blog.chron.com/cougars/2012/12/h ... shuffling/

Hearing on talk radio that Houston to the Mountain West is a real possibility, and UTEP may be the tag-a-long NOT SMU.

Rice would then join the nBE w/ Tulsa and reunite with Tulane/SMU

And FSA remember what that guy from the csn board claimed...
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Your "source" obviously doesn't know SMU...Right now Houston and SMU are working in tandem. We are shopping the Houston/Dallas markets together and the MWC or BE is not our endgame

Seems pretty obvious that SMU is Big East or bust but Houston is looking at all their options...and that I am awesome. lol

Remember that guy that told you, don't bother asking that Tulsa guy about his schools's plans b/c unless he's on here, your thoughts would be more accurate than his.
The csn board goes full homer douche bag when posting about expansion. They have no logic and think they know how their Prez thinks.

Put me down as this, I don't think I've posted different since BSU came back.

nBE keeps SMU, Houston, adds Tulsa, (If Navy bails they pick 1 of UMass, S.Miss)
MWC adds SDSU (in a year if the added inventory of UTEP and UTSA is good enough to expand they'll add them)
BYU Indy
CUSA adds Arkansas St.
SBC adds App St., Georgia So. and 1 of NMSU(would only be added if the shame of adding yet another FCS school is too much :lol:, Even though any FCS school looking at FBS could beat them ), Lamar, SHSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Put me down as this, I don't think I've posted different since BSU came back.

nBE keeps SMU, Houston, adds Tulsa, (If Navy bails they pick 1 of UMass, S.Miss)
MWC adds SDSU (in a year if the added inventory of UTEP and UTSA is good enough to expand they'll add them)
BYU Indy
CUSA adds Arkansas St.
SBC adds App St., Georgia So. and 1 of NMSU(would only be added if the shame of adding yet another FCS school is too much :lol:, Even though any FCS school looking at FBS could beat them ), Lamar, SHSU

nBE thinking they'll lose UH but keep SMU, adds Tulsa, Rice, and SoMiss for a 12 team league with pretty obvious E/W setup (no Navy)
MWC adds SDSU and picks up UH w/ UTEP holds at 14 always leaving a spot open for BYU
BYU stays indy for now...if the MWC gives them a ACC/ND deal then they will forever, if not...
CUSA adds Western Kentucky (if just 1) and then Ark St
SBC - (same thoughts) possibly Liberty too and Idaho as a fb only

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 59  Next