NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:08 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 99  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
fighting muskie wrote:
There's a huge difference between the Summit and the Horizon and while they are both pretty much one bid leagues the Horizon views itself as being far ahead of the Summit. Note that the Horizon has had months to name a 10th school to replace Butler but haven't. They dont seem particularly keen on adding any of the schools in the eastern wing of the Summit or the NEC's Robert Morris at this time--I doubt they would take them all in if the Summit imploded.


2 reason why the Horizon will likely add a 10th, C7 taking A10 schools and Creighton, A10 backfill from HL, CAA, or MAAC

The reason for the hold is that Evansville said that they don't feel they can compete in the MVC and might to re-join the Horizon(MwCC) when they were in it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:47 am
Posts: 630
Location: Columbus, OH
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
There's a huge difference between the Summit and the Horizon and while they are both pretty much one bid leagues the Horizon views itself as being far ahead of the Summit. Note that the Horizon has had months to name a 10th school to replace Butler but haven't. They dont seem particularly keen on adding any of the schools in the eastern wing of the Summit or the NEC's Robert Morris at this time--I doubt they would take them all in if the Summit imploded.


2 reason why the Horizon will likely add a 10th, C7 taking A10 schools and Creighton, A10 backfill from HL, CAA, or MAAC

The reason for the hold is that Evansville said that they don't feel they can compete in the MVC and might to re-join the Horizon(MwCC) when they were in it.


If Evansville left the MVC for the Horizon I could see two ideal situations---the MVC picks up St Louis or another Midwestern private left out by the Catholic 7 ---OR--- adding Eastern Illinois. Eastern Illinois may not make a whole lot of sense at first but here is what it does--it gives the MVFC an 11th fb member w/o stealing a school from the Summit who already plays MVFC which means North Dakota can join the Summit/MVFC. The MVC is left stable and so is the Summit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:35 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
fighting muskie wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
There's a huge difference between the Summit and the Horizon and while they are both pretty much one bid leagues the Horizon views itself as being far ahead of the Summit. Note that the Horizon has had months to name a 10th school to replace Butler but haven't. They dont seem particularly keen on adding any of the schools in the eastern wing of the Summit or the NEC's Robert Morris at this time--I doubt they would take them all in if the Summit imploded.


2 reason why the Horizon will likely add a 10th, C7 taking A10 schools and Creighton, A10 backfill from HL, CAA, or MAAC

The reason for the hold is that Evansville said that they don't feel they can compete in the MVC and might to re-join the Horizon(MwCC) when they were in it.


If Evansville left the MVC for the Horizon I could see two ideal situations---the MVC picks up St Louis or another Midwestern private left out by the Catholic 7 ---OR--- adding Eastern Illinois. Eastern Illinois may not make a whole lot of sense at first but here is what it does--it gives the MVFC an 11th fb member w/o stealing a school from the Summit who already plays MVFC which means North Dakota can join the Summit/MVFC. The MVC is left stable and so is the Summit.


If/when the hole opens in the MVC, I could see UW-Milwaukee, S.Dakota St., or Ill-Chicago. Murray St. would be my top choice if they would let the MVC have 11 fb members.

I think the C7 will add, Xavier, Butler, St.Louis, Creighton, either take VCU(public) for their talent and market or Dayton if they refuse to have a public.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 pm 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 am
Posts: 32
The WAC adds men's soccer as a team sport in 2013, taking all the schools that competed in the MPSF.

http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.db ... M_ID=10100


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1004
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
JeffConn wrote:
The WAC adds men's soccer as a team sport in 2013, taking all the schools that competed in the MPSF.

http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.db ... M_ID=10100


^ Thanks for sharing the breaking news moment.

Anyways, I believe that football can be re-sponsored in the future, if the WAC can find more members, like the Dakota schools or Southern Utah or Northern Colorado (or any other school within the West Midwest and/or South Central areas).

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
JeffConn wrote:
The WAC adds men's soccer as a team sport in 2013, taking all the schools that competed in the MPSF.

http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.db ... M_ID=10100


^ Thanks for sharing the breaking news moment.

Anyways, I believe that football can be re-sponsored in the future, if the WAC can find more members, like the Dakota schools or Southern Utah or Northern Colorado (or any other school within the West Midwest and/or South Central areas).



That ship has passed. If the WAC were able to save football with those schools, they would have joined when there was still a benefit to the WAC, like getting in on the Forgotten5 BCS bid. Instead, the WAC brought in basketball schools like CSUB, UVU, etc.

At this point, any talk of the Dakota schools joining the WAC would probably be best suited for the Dream Conferences thread since the WAC didn't want those schools and those schools didn't make any effort to join the WAC.

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 pm
Posts: 473
JeffConn wrote:
The WAC adds men's soccer as a team sport in 2013, taking all the schools that competed in the MPSF.

http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.db ... M_ID=10100


Can anyone tell me what happened to New Mexico's men's soccer squad? They are on the MPSF site and UNM lists them as a sport (says they're ranked 9th on the MPSF site). I was expecting the MWC to take over the sport when they added SDSU back giving them (by my count) five members (SJSU, SDSU, UNLV, AFA, UNM). Also SMU and Tulsa play men's soccer so if they expanded with them they'd have a couple more.


EDIT: Just found it, UNM joining C-USA for soccer announced last september. Still wonder if the MWC adds SDSU and another soccer playing school would they take over the sport.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1004
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Like in 2-5 years time, only the newly-expanded teams of Cal State-Bakersfield, Utah Valley, Texas-Pan American, Chicago State and Grand Canyon will survive; while New Mexico State would either join C-USA or re-join back to either the Big West or the Sun Belt and Seattle possibly re-joining the WCC. If that would happen, the WAC would do more research on expanding more teams of the Western region from D-II, like the schools within the PacWest, the RMAC and the CCAA.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:22 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 693
Location: Louisville, KY
Memphis, SMU, UCF are definitely joining the Big East. Tulsa may follow them as well. They will play alongside Connecticut, Temple, USF, and Cincinnati, so the Big East will have enough members.

C-USA will have UAB, FIU, Marshall, Charlotte, Old Dominion, and Kentucky, South Carolina, and New Mexico as affiliates. If Tulsa stays that gives them nine. Belmont is currently independent but is obviously within the footprint.

Only five Mountain West schools sponsor the sport. SDSU will likely stay with the Pac 12 since only five of their schools field teams. I could see UNM leaving C-USA since travel would be better in the WAC.

WAC:
CSUB, SJSU, UNLV, Seattle, UVU, GCU, AFA, UNM, UTPA, HBU, Chicago State, NJIT (?)

C-USA:
FIU, UNCC, ODU, Marshall, S Car, UAB, Belmont, UK

Big East:
Cinci, Temple, Conn, SMU, Mem, UCF, USF, Tulsa

Oral Roberts could be a target for the WAC as well if the Summit League decides it no longer needs them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:36 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1004
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
I don't believe that NJIT will fit the WAC. It's a school from the Northeast area. It should fit either in the Northeast Conference or the MAAC or the America East.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:33 pm 
Offline
Sophomore
Sophomore

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 58
Apparently, the WAC has snagged UMKC from the Summit:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY

Lots of chatter on this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1004
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
86mets wrote:
Apparently, the WAC has snagged UMKC from the Summit:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY

Lots of chatter on this one.


Is it official? And if so, I believe that the WAC would expand to some land within the western side of the South Central and Midwest areas within the future as an aspiring non-football (or D I-AAA) all-sports-sponsored conference. Plus, it might grab some of those from D-II.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline
Sophomore
Sophomore

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 58
Is it official? And if so, I believe that the WAC would expand to some land within the western side of the South Central and Midwest areas within the future as an aspiring non-football (or D I-AAA) all-sports-sponsored conference. Plus, it might grab some of those from D-II.[/quote]


Not yet official.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:02 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1004
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
86mets wrote:
Not yet official.


Oh, ok. But like I said before, and just in case UMKC does join, I believe that the WAC would expand to some land within the western side of the South Central U.S. (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas) and Midwest U.S. (North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri) areas within the future as an aspiring non-football (or D I-AAA) all-sports-sponsored conference. Plus, it might grab some of those from D-II.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:21 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7367
Article out of KC with comments from UMKC AD who says his school has accepted WAC invite,effective 7-1-2013 at http://fox4kc.com/2013/02/07/umkc-switc ... ac-in-july


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 99  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group