NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 78  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:40 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

If so, the President / AD at UMKC should be fired ! Why would any school downgrade themselves like that ?

From a travel stand-point, the Summit is probably the best, if you are located in Kansas City.

COULD THIS BE A TYPO ? Say Creighton were likely to join the C7, then might the MVC invite UMKC and/or UNO (Nebraska-Omaha) ?
I think that might be realistic...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Terry Vandrovec from the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader tweeted:
Quote:
When asked about the WAC report, the Kansas City SID office said it will put out some sort of release in the next 24 hours.

I don't know what that means one way or another. If it was a press conference rather than a release, then I'd say "done deal." Release could, just possibly, be "we're staying" but my crystal ball hasn't come back from the cleaners yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 pm 
Senior
Senior

A shocking turn of events!

All I could guess is perhaps the Summit is about to take a big hit? Maybe Horizon is going to take one or two and the MVC is going to absorb the football schools (gives them 12 after Creighton leaves).

Even if that all happens, Summit still seems better than the WAC...WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:09 pm 
Sophomore
Sophomore

SJSUFan2010 wrote:

All I could guess is perhaps the Summit is about to take a big hit? Maybe Horizon is going to take one or two and the MVC is going to absorb the football schools (gives them 12 after Creighton leaves).

Even if that all happens, Summit still seems better than the WAC...WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!?!?!

The Summit getting raided from various angles is the logical reason. Why else would a lower-tier athletic program like UMKC with half its road games along the I-29 corridor take on the unstable and far-flung WAC?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe the Horizon goes to 12 and take 3 Summit, MVC (after losing Creighton to c7) takes SDSU or a Horizon school thus a 4th Summit would be gone.

Does Denver come back? That could be a 5th Summit gone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:40 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Maybe the Horizon goes to 12 and take 3 Summit, MVC (after losing Creighton to c7) takes SDSU or a Horizon school thus a 4th Summit would be gone.

But Horizon expansion will take Eastern schools which should give UMKC more of a reason to stay in the Summit where travel would be decreased. They could easily get Chicago State and if really necessary, Utah Valley or UTPA. And certainly there are D-II schools they could bring up. Even minus 3 they're still a tight group of 7 with options for 8+.

My bet is it's the western schools leaving. I think you're right about SDSU to the MVC, but they probably want to bring NDSU and USD with them. Maybe UND is going to be on the move too? Who knows...

If this isn't absolutely huge the UMKC president should be fired though. Better be at least 5 other schools leaving.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

UMKC MB thread discussing "unconfirmed" report that UMKC could announce leaving Summit for the WAC within the next 24-48 hours.Link at http://umkcroos.proboards.com/index.cgi ... thread=551

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

But Horizon expansion will take Eastern schools which should give UMKC more of a reason to stay in the Summit where travel would be decreased. They could easily get Chicago State and if really necessary, Utah Valley or UTPA. And certainly there are D-II schools they could bring up. Even minus 3 they're still a tight group of 7 with options for 8+.

My bet is it's the western schools leaving. I think you're right about SDSU to the MVC, but they probably want to bring NDSU and USD with them. Maybe UND is going to be on the move too? Who knows...

If this isn't absolutely huge the UMKC president should be fired though. Better be at least 5 other schools leaving.

Yeah, either way horizon going east w/ Oakland, IPFW and MVC taking 1 of UWM or SDSU followed by WIU to the Horizon if its UWM. It still weakens the Summit. Yeah, I think Creighton being replaced by SDSU, NDSU, USD is very possible. MVFC becomes MVC fb. Plus Horizon is still going to take a school or 2.

If the MVC could get out of having to bring all 3 Dakotas I'd love to see Murray St. in the MVC. I guess that could still happen if Missouri St. ends up in the SBC. If not Murray St, they could get UND for 12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:23 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

SJSUFan2010 wrote:

One plausible explanation, assuming the smoke/fire relationship here, is simply that the people running UMKC are idiots, IMHO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:44 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Official UMKC to the WAC

https://twitter.com/SSJ_WHB/status/299644125500813312

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:22 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of KC(previously posted in another thread)with comments from UMKC AD who says his school will be leaving the Summit for the WAC on 7-1-2013.Link at http://fox4kc.com/2013/02/07/umkc-switc ... ac-in-july

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Why would they preemptively move from a stable conference that has the potential to be raided for a geographically challenged conference that has already been thoroughly raided and is on its last league?! The people running UMKC must be incredibly stupid or taking some serious drugs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 pm 
Junior
Junior

The adminstration at UMKC has been questionable at best over the years but this is CRAZY stupid. Unless the Summit is breaking apart at the seems (and there is ZERO indication that there is an issue in the league) this seems to be an icredibly STUPID move for the 'Roos.

Or the 'Roos admins feel like they can't compete against the likes of USD, SDSU, NDSU and the like and feel that this is a way to get to some actual postseason competition....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:53 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

mizzoufan1 wrote:
The adminstration at UMKC has been questionable at best over the years but this is CRAZY stupid. Unless the Summit is breaking apart at the seems (and there is ZERO indication that there is an issue in the league) this seems to be an icredibly STUPID move for the 'Roos.

Or the 'Roos admins feel like they can't compete against the likes of USD, SDSU, NDSU and the like and feel that this is a way to get to some actual postseason competition....

C7 will add 5(12). Lets say Creighton, Xavier, Dayton, St.Louis, Butler
A10 backfills(14) w/ Detroit, Stony Brook, GMU, Northeastern
MVC backfills(10) w/ UWM (or they could take 3 Dakotas if they want to have MVC football, not the seperate MVFC)
HL backfills(10) w/ Oakland, IPFW, W.Illinois
WAC(9) change of heart w/ Denver
Summit(5) left w/ IUPUI, NDSU, SDSU, USD, UNO

At that point the MVC, HL, WAC could make a play for the remaining schools

Post subject: Summit League Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

C-7 takes Xavier, Butler, St. Louis, Richmond (A-10); Creighton (MVC)

A-10 takes Detroit Mercy, Cleveland State, Valparaiso, Loyola-IL (HL)

MVC takes South Dakota, South Dakota State, North Dakota State (Summit)

Horizon takes Oakland, IPFW, IUPUI, WIU (Summit)

WAC takes Denver, Nebraska-Omaha (Summit)

That would humanely dispose of all the Summit League members. If the MVC loses Missouri State and Illinois State to FBS, the MVC would still be at 10 members.

If the A-10 takes George Mason instead if one of the Horizon League schools, it could let the Horizon finally get back to 10 schools.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 78  Next