NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:42 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Possibly theories about why UMKC is going to the WAC:

1. The UMKC president lost a bet
2. The UMKC president is unaware that Boise St, Nevada, Fresno St, Hawaii, Utah St, San Jose St, UTSA, LA Tech, Texas St, UT Arlington, and Denver are no longer members
3. The Summit for some reason hates UMKC
4. The UMKC president is receiving bribes from a backroom deal (from Chicago St?) in return for moving his school to the WAC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Article out of KC with comments from UMKC AD who says his school has accepted WAC invite,effective 7-1-2013 at http://fox4kc.com/2013/02/07/umkc-switc ... ac-in-july

Now we can say that it's official. UMKC joins the WAC to replace Denver who'll go to the Summit. But like I said before, I believe that the WAC would expand to some land within the western side of the South Central U.S. (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas) and Midwest U.S. (North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri) areas within the future as an aspiring non-football (or D I-AAA) all-sports-sponsored conference. Plus, it might grab some of those from D-II.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Kansas City Star article(previously posted in another thread)discussing UMKC to WAC move and other possible future WAC realignment at http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/07/40 ... letic.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:25 pm 
Senior
Senior

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:
Article out of KC with comments from UMKC AD who says his school has accepted WAC invite,effective 7-1-2013 at http://fox4kc.com/2013/02/07/umkc-switc ... ac-in-july

Now we can say that it's official. UMKC joins the WAC to replace Denver who'll go to the Summit. But like I said before, I believe that the WAC would expand to some land within the western side of the South Central U.S. (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas) and Midwest U.S. (North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri) areas within the future as an aspiring non-football (or D I-AAA) all-sports-sponsored conference. Plus, it might grab some of those from D-II.

That should be the plan going forward (what they can actually make a plan now?!?). If they want to stay in the SW they should look into a D-II school (I heard West Texas A-M mentioned somewhere). If they don't then they should work out how to get UTPA out, hopefully a Southland invite after Lamar and/or others leave for the Sun Belt. Hopefully the Big West can take CSUB off their hands which would help cut down on travel. And if they're really lucky Seattle gets picked up by the WCC. Then they'd actually have a fairly consolidated conference.

For now work on divisions to cut travel
West - Seattle, CSUB, Grand Canyon, Utah Valley, NMSU, Denver?
East - UTPA, Chicago St, UM-KC, UN-O?, West TA&M?, ???

It's not great, but it's a start.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:40 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SJSUFan2010 wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

That should be the plan going forward (what they can actually make a plan now?!?). If they want to stay in the SW they should look into a D-II school (I heard West Texas A-M mentioned somewhere). If they don't then they should work out how to get UTPA out, hopefully a Southland invite after Lamar and/or others leave for the Sun Belt. Hopefully the Big West can take CSUB off their hands which would help cut down on travel. And if they're really lucky Seattle gets picked up by the WCC. Then they'd actually have a fairly consolidated conference.

I like the way you're analyzing about this. But like you said, it could be a start. But I don't see Seattle (which it would re-join the WCC) neither New Mexico St. (which it might either join C-USA or the MW) in the future within the WCC. Maybe adding either of the following [Southern Utah and Northern Colorado from the Big Sky, the Dakota schools (NDSU, SDSU, USD from the Summit; UND from the Big Sky), Nebraska-Omaha (with football possibly revived, but on MVFC play)] would help. And I believe that Cal State-Bakersfield should join the Big West. West Texas A&M might be a great add (while having football at least D-I Independent in the FCS level); after all, the Buffaloes were in D-I back in their Missouri Valley Conference days before joining D-II. However, as far as the NCAA conference realignment goes, anything can happen, for the better or the worse. Unfortunately, the effects within the past years since this decade started had left a mark for the WAC to no longer sponsor football, which it will not be forgotten

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

I like the way you're analyzing about this. But like you said, it could be a start. But I don't see Seattle (which it would re-join the WCC) neither New Mexico St. (which it might either join C-USA or the MW) in the future within the WCC. Maybe adding either of the following [Southern Utah and Northern Colorado from the Big Sky, the Dakota schools (NDSU, SDSU, USD from the Summit; UND from the Big Sky), Nebraska-Omaha (with football possibly revived, but on MVFC play)] would help. And I believe that Cal State-Bakersfield should join the Big West. West Texas A&M might be a great add (while having football at least D-I Independent in the FCS level); after all, the Buffaloes were in D-I back in their Missouri Valley Conference days before joining D-II. However, as far as the NCAA conference realignment goes, anything can happen, for the better or the worse. Unfortunately, the effects within the past years since this decade started had left a mark for the WAC to no longer sponsor football, which it will not be forgotten

I haven't seen West Texas A&M's name anywhere...they are D2 all around and wouldn't ditch their football (probably their most valuable asset) as an FCS independent for the WAC. They hope to be next in line for the Southland Conference after Lamar/SHSU and possibly SFA leave along with A&M Commerce (may possibly go together) and Tarleton St.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

I haven't seen West Texas A&M's name anywhere...they are D2 all around and wouldn't ditch their football (probably their most valuable asset) as an FCS independent for the WAC. They hope to be next in line for the Southland Conference after Lamar/SHSU and possibly SFA leave along with A&M Commerce (may possibly go together) and Tarleton St.

Oops, looks like I jumped the gun a bit about that. But it's the thought that matters. But still, the WAC can still be an active D-I non-football conference if it searches for schools within the west-side South Central U.S. and the west-side Midwest schools.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Chicago St. AD said "you ain't seen nothing yet" so UNO maybe along w/ other Summit schools?

Also NDSU, SDSU, USD said they were caught off guard. Denver said they knew about the UMKC move for a while, yet didn't let their new conf mates in on it. Why? Denver plans on moving to say the MVC soon?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:56 pm 
Senior
Senior

tkalmus wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

I saw it somewhere when reading all the UMKC stuff. I think the thinking is that Tarleton and Angelo are the next two for the Southland and that's going to leave a small Lone Star conference. I agree the Southland would be better for them but if they don't get the invite now it could leave them in an odd pickle with most of their old conference mates have moved on and they either move up also and wait for an invite or they stick around and try to lure the other two NM schools and maybe an Oklahoma school or two.

Idunno too much about D-II though so just a guess. But from what Fresno just posted this may be a moot point. Ain't seen nothing? I could see UNO and Denver coming back but what else?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

This move by UMKC indicates that either:
the UMKC administration is not very intelligent
OR
the is some major movement afoot that will really destabilize the Summit.

We do know that MVC could soon be shopping for replacements for Evansville and / or Crighton,
and we also know there is potential for Summit to lose a team or two or three to replace Butler in the Horizon.

A big chunk of the MVC reside in the Summit.

Is it possible that the MVC invites a bunch of FB schools from Summit and takes over sponsorshp of the MVFC (currrently run out of the MVC office, but independent of the MVC) ?

If something like this is pushing UMKC to look outside the Summit for a new stable home (and the WAC by any measure looks rather unstable),
HOW COULD the Dakota schools be caught off guard ? It would seem that they would be the primary MVC expansion candidates.
If there ae negotiations for them to move to the MVC, they must currently be under a vow of silence, hence the "We had no idea !"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:18 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

SJSUFan2010 wrote:

Seattle/Idaho
Utah Valley/Grand Canyon
New Mexico State/UTPA
UMKC/Chicago State
Cal State-Bakersfield

Seattle/Cal State-Bakersfield
Utah Valley/Grand Canyon
New Mexico State/UTPA
Denver/Nebraska-Omaha
UMKC/Chicago State

Either keep Idaho and add a better partner for the Roadrunners (UC-San Diego?) to round out a Western Division. Alternatively, add another partner for UTPA and another school from the Summit (South Dakota?) which pushes NMSU and Denver to the Western Division-all of the Eastern Division schools would be in Central Time Zine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:24 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NMSU MB thread discussing UND BB to WAC move at http://crimsontothecore.forumatic.com/v ... f=4&t=5169

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:50 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
NMSU MB thread discussing UND BB to WAC move at http://crimsontothecore.forumatic.com/v ... f=4&t=5169

for anyone interested...

2013 WAC Baseball - Seattle, San Jose St, NMSU, UT-Arlington, Texas St, UTSA, LA Tech
Affiliates - CSUB, Sac State, Dallas Baptist

Losing-
SJSU to MWC
UTSA & LA Tech to CUSA
TSU & UTA to Sun Belt
DBU to MVC

2014 WAC Baseball - Seattle, Utah Valley, CSUB, GCU, NMSU, UTPA, Chicago St
Affiliates - Sac State, Northern Colorado, North Dakota

Last edited by TKthunder on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:18 am 
Freshman
Freshman

tkalmus wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

for anyone interested...

2013 WAC Baseball - Seattle, San Jose St, NMSU, UT-Arlington, Texas St, UTSA, LA Tech
Affiliates - CSUB, Northern Colorado, Dallas Baptist

FYI, Northern Colorado is in the Great West this season, and joins the WAC in '14.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

JeffConn wrote:
FYI, Northern Colorado is in the Great West this season, and joins the WAC in '14.

thanks bad copy paste job, Sac State was supposed to be in 2013 not Northern Colorado...fixed it above.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next