NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:58 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 347  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Mike Jensen at Philly Inquirer discussing BE divorce settlement situation and today's BE FB meeting in Atlanta at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/col ... _next.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:23 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Blaudschun blog article reporting that BE FB schools meeting in Atlanta today resulted in no divorce settlement deal so far at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5385

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

USAToday article with comments from BE Commish-Mike Aresco- who says so far no divorce settlement deal has been reached with talks continuing.He says his league is "looking at" a 12th school and making ECU an all sports school.Link at http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... ns/1957721

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:28 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ECU for all-sports and Tulsa for all-sports will give the [suggest yout name here] 11/12, similar to the MWC.

Imagine these guys not QUICKLY coming to an agreement about a totally ambiguous division of a $60+ million pot of money !!!

I venture to say that this thread has another 40 pages of posts until this is all resolved.

Because the Big East clowns can never resolve anything, the following conferences all have things up in the air:
All sports: CUSA (who will likely loose Tulsa, and back-fill from) Sun-Belt (who will need 3 teams and go after the SoCon), who will go after the big South and D-2 GSC....
Non-FB: C-7 (who will poach) A-10 & MVC (who will poach) CAA / AE & Horizon / Summit.....
All necessary to undo the ugly hybrid that is the Big East.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:33 pm 
Senior
Senior

You have to think the new schools are saying to themselves, "I just paid C-USA an exit fee to join the new C-USA?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I think that neither the football member school section and the non-football member school section of the Big East don't deserve to have the Big East name. In my opinion, both factions should "start a new chapter" within their legacies as upcoming and aspiring all-sports athletic conferences. The non-football group should be called either the "Catholic East Conference" or the "Great Catholic Conference".

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:28 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Blaudschun blog article(previously posted in another thread)with more on BE divorce settlement situation at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5408

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:02 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
I think that neither the football member school section and the non-football member school section of the Big East don't deserve to have the Big East name. In my opinion, both factions should "start a new chapter" within their legacies as upcoming and aspiring all-sports athletic conferences. The non-football group should be called either the "Catholic East Conference" or the "Great Catholic Conference".

Butler would reject that since they aren't Catholic. Plus most of us Catholics(I only go right now b/c my wife wants me to set a "good" example for my kids) aren't happy w/ all the shady sh*t going on at the highest level of the church right now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:11 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:

Butler would reject that since they aren't Catholic. Plus most of us Catholics(I only go right now b/c my wife wants me to set a "good" example for my kids) aren't happy w/ all the shady sh*t going on at the highest level of the church right now.

Didn't mean to disrespect any Catholics here, and I apologize if I did. But I was simply taking this out of my chest because it's like seeing the "New Big East" (or Catholic-7 taking the Big East name) to "drop" football as a sport instead of developing as a new fresh conference from scratch, with the issue of which of the two factions will have the history for football and basketball.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:

Didn't mean to disrespect any Catholics here, and I apologize if I did. But I was simply taking this out of my chest because it's like seeing the "New Big East" (or Catholic-7 taking the Big East name) to "drop" football as a sport instead of developing as a new fresh conference from scratch, with the issue of which of the two factions will have the history for football and basketball.

You didn't you probably boost them up. You only dissed Butler's non-denominational christian church(if they have one). Our Catholic leaders seem to be the ones "dissing" the Catholics.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
You didn't you probably boost them up. You only dissed Butler's non-denominational christian church(if they have one). Our Catholic leaders seem to be the ones "dissing" the Catholics.

Oh, that. But in Butler's case, that means they would complete in the A-10 for only one season (which is this one) after leaving the Horizon from the previous season. And like I said, the Catholic-7 should have a more tight and unique name that should truly be based on the mission and vision as a group of Catholic institutions. I believe that the Big East name should be for neither the Catholic-7 group and the newly-formed hybrid football group, which UConn is in that group and being the only school who was part of the original Big East (with Syracuse and Pittsburgh [leaving for the ACC], and formerly Boston College [currently in the ACC]). Both factions must start "new chapters" as all-sports conferences in order to succeed on what they believe and stand for, respectively.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I am so bothered by the thought of the A10 getting gutted so that these a-holes get a new lease on life. All throughout the Butler and VCU game, the one guy was talking about what was said to be happening with the new league. It made me want to curl into a ball and cry...you mean to tell me that these seven irrelevant schools can walk away from the conference, pretty much without any financial consequence, get the name AND pretty much take their MSG contract with them while gutting their primary competition, which has this nifty new deal in Brooklyn?

This has the networks' work written all over it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

The Bishin Cutter wrote:
I am so bothered by the thought of the A10 getting gutted so that these a-holes get a new lease on life. All throughout the Butler and VCU game, the one guy was talking about what was said to be happening with the new league. It made me want to curl into a ball and cry...you mean to tell me that these seven irrelevant schools can walk away from the conference, pretty much without any financial consequence, get the name AND pretty much take their MSG contract with them while gutting their primary competition, which has this nifty new deal in Brooklyn?

Who is your team?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:11 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
The Bishin Cutter wrote:

Who is your team?

In basketball, it's any of the PA ones, though I usually follow St. Joe's and Temple. The A10 is just what I know the most, though. It's always been this great league of mismatched programs that still field great basketball. It didn't hurt that PSU was a part of it (and won the A10 tourney when I was at an impressionable age, going even further by beating UCLA in that year's tournament), back when PSU actually played other good PA teams.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58 am 
Freshman
Freshman

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
The Bishin Cutter wrote:

Who is your team?

Why is that even relevant (your team)? Realignment sucks. The A10 is a pretty good conference this year, it's a shame this is happening. Oh well, such is the way college sports go these days. Television is completely ruining the game - costs to go to a game continue to rise and rise making it impossible for even college athletics to be something you can bring the whole family to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 347  Next