NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:56 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 88  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1430
louisvillecard01 wrote:
I get the idea CUSA expansion/replacements shall impact the SB again before long. I am not totally sure, though expect, Navy will actually go to the AAU in 2015, They show indications they intend to stick with the plan. If they back out, is there an eixit fee or timeline notice requirement? That decision could impact CUSA, then the SB.

I'm assuming you meant AAC (not AAU)...

Navy has stated that they plan on joining but they had some issues that needed to be addressed.

Most assume 1 was their CBS TV deal which the AAC allowed them to keep until 2018 (I think).

Other issues were the fees (exit and entry) scheduling (making sure to keep ND/Army and possibly AFA) divisional alignments (not sure what Navy would want here but I assume they have an opinion) and bowl contracts (Navy has special deals Military/Armed Forces/Hunger/Poinsettia and wants their spots guaranteed if eligible).

If the Big East loses UConn/Cincy, or doesn't give them the best conditions possible I could completely see them just calling the whole thing off and staying indy.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 pm
Posts: 109
So who is on the list? - Liberty U., and who else?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:58 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
NorwichCat11 wrote:
So who is on the list? - Liberty U., and who else?


How about either VMI, UT-Chattanooga, The Citadel or Western Carolina? And it looks like the Big South and the SoCon might be in trouble if the Sun Belt keeps searching for members, etc.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:12 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7398
AJC blog article with comment from SBC Commish regarding SBC realignment situation at http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/georgia-stat ... ng-liberty


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:13 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:47 am
Posts: 662
Location: Columbus, OH
tkalmus wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:
I get the idea CUSA expansion/replacements shall impact the SB again before long. I am not totally sure, though expect, Navy will actually go to the AAU in 2015, They show indications they intend to stick with the plan. If they back out, is there an eixit fee or timeline notice requirement? That decision could impact CUSA, then the SB.

I'm assuming you meant AAC (not AAU)...

Navy has stated that they plan on joining but they had some issues that needed to be addressed.

Most assume 1 was their CBS TV deal which the AAC allowed them to keep until 2018 (I think).

Other issues were the fees (exit and entry) scheduling (making sure to keep ND/Army and possibly AFA) divisional alignments (not sure what Navy would want here but I assume they have an opinion) and bowl contracts (Navy has special deals Military/Armed Forces/Hunger/Poinsettia and wants their spots guaranteed if eligible).

If the Big East loses UConn/Cincy, or doesn't give them the best conditions possible I could completely see them just calling the whole thing off and staying indy.


So if Navy is keeping its CBS deal and wants its own, separate bowl tie ins are they really a "member" of the AAC? Why don't they just make this an OOC scheduling alliance and have Navy play 4-6 AAC schools a year--no sense in having them as a "member" if they don't play by any of the rules a member of a conference would abide by.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:55 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1430
fighting muskie wrote:
tkalmus wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:
I get the idea CUSA expansion/replacements shall impact the SB again before long. I am not totally sure, though expect, Navy will actually go to the AAU in 2015, They show indications they intend to stick with the plan. If they back out, is there an eixit fee or timeline notice requirement? That decision could impact CUSA, then the SB.

I'm assuming you meant AAC (not AAU)...

Navy has stated that they plan on joining but they had some issues that needed to be addressed.

Most assume 1 was their CBS TV deal which the AAC allowed them to keep until 2018 (I think).

Other issues were the fees (exit and entry) scheduling (making sure to keep ND/Army and possibly AFA) divisional alignments (not sure what Navy would want here but I assume they have an opinion) and bowl contracts (Navy has special deals Military/Armed Forces/Hunger/Poinsettia and wants their spots guaranteed if eligible).

If the Big East loses UConn/Cincy, or doesn't give them the best conditions possible I could completely see them just calling the whole thing off and staying indy.


So if Navy is keeping its CBS deal and wants its own, separate bowl tie ins are they really a "member" of the AAC? Why don't they just make this an OOC scheduling alliance and have Navy play 4-6 AAC schools a year--no sense in having them as a "member" if they don't play by any of the rules a member of a conference would abide by.

They are rolling in their TV deal in 2018 with the American (so they'll have their own deal for just 3 years which had already been agree to) and they most likely will stop making individual bowl deals but on the condition that they will always get one of the American's bowl bids if eligible, that extra TV time means a lot to Navy's recruiting so if they go 6-6 they'd better be assured that they'll get the bid over a 7-5 UConn...if they AAC can not garuntee that then Navy may go on scheduling its own bowl games (just like Hawaii has a special deal with the Hawaii bowl that picks the U of Hawaii first if eligible then a MWC team if not). And since Navy isn't a full AAC member the AAC can cut them if this is too diva-ish and pick up a full 12th member like Rice, So Miss, or UMass to have their 12th for the CCG.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:10 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 pm
Posts: 109
Okay, how do we get to 12 without adding Liberty U.? My suggestion is to go begging to Florida A&M or failing that, try to get South Carolina St. if they are willing to try and move up. What do you think?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:26 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 pm
Posts: 473
NorwichCat11 wrote:
Okay, how do we get to 12 without adding Liberty U.? My suggestion is to go begging to Florida A&M or failing that, try to get South Carolina St. if they are willing to try and move up. What do you think?


Dude...how many times must you be told no on FL A&M? And SC St? Come on man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:31 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
I still believe that UAB and Marshall should be a fine addition for the Sun Belt from C-USA (if C-USA doesn't find another team to have 16), and both are within the Southeast.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 am 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 pm
Posts: 109
Okay, okay! No Florida A&M, but I can still pray! Getting back into the Florida market would be icing on the cake so to speak. Sorry, but I am almost desperate for anyone other than Liberty. Did I say desperate? - YES! I don't think that Liberty adds value to the SBC. That being said, I understand that they are in a new market (Virginia) have money, and a good size stadium with fan support. However, a private school that is very vocal on religion is causing me to pause and look for ANYONE else that could make the move in 2 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:17 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
NorwichCat11 wrote:
Okay, okay! No Florida A&M, but I can still pray! Getting back into the Florida market would be icing on the cake so to speak. Sorry, but I am almost desperate for anyone other than Liberty. Did I say desperate? - YES! I don't think that Liberty adds value to the SBC. That being said, I understand that they are in a new market (Virginia) have money, and a good size stadium with fan support. However, a private school that is very vocal on religion is causing me to pause and look for ANYONE else that could make the move in 2 years.


Here's an example, like seeing my previous post.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 pm
Posts: 109
Okay, NCAA - whom do you seriously see besides Liberty? James Madison and U. Tennessee - C. have both apparently turned the SBC down and there are not too many other candidates in the east that want to make the jump. Unless someone other than the SBC has info that I don't? (this is just about anyone else :D ) So let's narrow the field:
James Madison - not interested
U. Tennessee - C. - too expensive
Lamar - in the west and small student population
Sam Houston St. - in the west and not interested and not ready
Missouri St. - not interested and not ready
Florida A&M - not interested and see NCAA's post above :roll:
Alabama schools - SBC already has 2 does it really need three? maybe Jacksonville St. if they don't get blocked
So who does this leave? Coastal Carolina? Grambling St.? Norfolk St.? Western Carolina? Or go after some of the Louisiana schools from the Southland Conference (McNeese St., Nicholls St., Southeastern Louisiana) even Central Arkansas?
There is not a whole lot left in the bag if schools are not interested in moving up. Could we then say that Montana killed the WAC? Who is to say that if they had moved up the WAC might not have disappeared? Right now only the SBC and the schools that they are talking too know the answer and we can only hope and guess. We may yet see some surprises.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:55 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
NorwichCat11 wrote:
Okay, NCAA - whom do you seriously see besides Liberty? James Madison and U. Tennessee - C. have both apparently turned the SBC down and there are not too many other candidates in the east that want to make the jump. Unless someone other than the SBC has info that I don't? (this is just about anyone else :D ) So let's narrow the field:
James Madison - not interested
U. Tennessee - C. - too expensive
Lamar - in the west and small student population
Sam Houston St. - in the west and not interested and not ready
Missouri St. - not interested and not ready
Florida A&M - not interested and see NCAA's post above :roll:
Alabama schools - SBC already has 2 does it really need three? maybe Jacksonville St. if they don't get blocked
So who does this leave? Coastal Carolina? Grambling St.? Norfolk St.? Western Carolina? Or go after some of the Louisiana schools from the Southland Conference (McNeese St., Nicholls St., Southeastern Louisiana) even Central Arkansas?
There is not a whole lot left in the bag if schools are not interested in moving up. Could we then say that Montana killed the WAC? Who is to say that if they had moved up the WAC might not have disappeared? Right now only the SBC and the schools that they are talking too know the answer and we can only hope and guess. We may yet see some surprises.


Either UTC (Chattanooga) or Lamar. But after this realignment is over, I believe that the FCS should be either killed or merged with the FBS, just like the old times since like the early days of the 1970's (like when D-I, D-II and D-III were created), and that's because of the FBS conferences keeping to search FCS schools within their respective regions.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:08 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 154
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
NorwichCat11 wrote:
Okay, NCAA - whom do you seriously see besides Liberty? James Madison and U. Tennessee - C. have both apparently turned the SBC down and there are not too many other candidates in the east that want to make the jump. Unless someone other than the SBC has info that I don't? (this is just about anyone else :D ) So let's narrow the field:
James Madison - not interested
U. Tennessee - C. - too expensive
Lamar - in the west and small student population
Sam Houston St. - in the west and not interested and not ready
Missouri St. - not interested and not ready
Florida A&M - not interested and see NCAA's post above :roll:
Alabama schools - SBC already has 2 does it really need three? maybe Jacksonville St. if they don't get blocked
So who does this leave? Coastal Carolina? Grambling St.? Norfolk St.? Western Carolina? Or go after some of the Louisiana schools from the Southland Conference (McNeese St., Nicholls St., Southeastern Louisiana) even Central Arkansas?
There is not a whole lot left in the bag if schools are not interested in moving up. Could we then say that Montana killed the WAC? Who is to say that if they had moved up the WAC might not have disappeared? Right now only the SBC and the schools that they are talking too know the answer and we can only hope and guess. We may yet see some surprises.


Either UTC (Chattanooga) or Lamar. But after this realignment is over, I believe that the FCS should be either killed or merged with the FBS, just like the old times since like the early days of the 1970's (like when D-I, D-II and D-III were created), and that's because of the FBS conferences keeping to search FCS schools within their respective regions.


Instead of merging FBS and FCS what about allowing the schools to move up when they want to? The schools would be allowed to enter FBS as a Independent if they want to. This could allow schools to take the initiative and say they want to be looked at as possible expansion candidates. I'm writing this because I'm assuming it's only a amount of time before the big 12 goes back to 12 and start the realignment problem all over again.

_________________
Fan of:
Sun Belt Conference
Summit League
Us National Soccer Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
46566 wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
NorwichCat11 wrote:
Okay, NCAA - whom do you seriously see besides Liberty? James Madison and U. Tennessee - C. have both apparently turned the SBC down and there are not too many other candidates in the east that want to make the jump. Unless someone other than the SBC has info that I don't? (this is just about anyone else :D ) So let's narrow the field:
James Madison - not interested
U. Tennessee - C. - too expensive
Lamar - in the west and small student population
Sam Houston St. - in the west and not interested and not ready
Missouri St. - not interested and not ready
Florida A&M - not interested and see NCAA's post above :roll:
Alabama schools - SBC already has 2 does it really need three? maybe Jacksonville St. if they don't get blocked
So who does this leave? Coastal Carolina? Grambling St.? Norfolk St.? Western Carolina? Or go after some of the Louisiana schools from the Southland Conference (McNeese St., Nicholls St., Southeastern Louisiana) even Central Arkansas?
There is not a whole lot left in the bag if schools are not interested in moving up. Could we then say that Montana killed the WAC? Who is to say that if they had moved up the WAC might not have disappeared? Right now only the SBC and the schools that they are talking too know the answer and we can only hope and guess. We may yet see some surprises.


Either UTC (Chattanooga) or Lamar. But after this realignment is over, I believe that the FCS should be either killed or merged with the FBS, just like the old times since like the early days of the 1970's (like when D-I, D-II and D-III were created), and that's because of the FBS conferences keeping to search FCS schools within their respective regions.


Instead of merging FBS and FCS what about allowing the schools to move up when they want to? The schools would be allowed to enter FBS as a Independent if they want to. This could allow schools to take the initiative and say they want to be looked at as possible expansion candidates. I'm writing this because I'm assuming it's only a amount of time before the big 12 goes back to 12 and start the realignment problem all over again.


You mean most, if not, all FCS schools should move up? Because the FCS would eventually be in danger if the FBS keeps it like that.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 88  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group