NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

wbyeager wrote:
If the MVC takes ORU, I'd think the Southland would take UTPA to stay at 12/14 (once New Orleans and Houston Baptist are up in running in football). UTPA is also already Division I, which helps since the Southland took on two move ups.

Once UTPA is gone, the WAC will need another member. They could go after Omaha, Western Illinois, or Denver. The Dakota schools could also be in play.

When did New Orleans say they were adding fb? As far as I know they haven't, I believe they talked about adding it at d2 but opted to not have fb and stay at d1. The Southland's going to be at 11/14 and most likely assumed they'd be losing Lamar or Sam Houston to the Sun Belt and would take UTPA to have a balanced 10/14 split but now that Lamar/SHSU don't appear to be leaving and Oral Roberts is I think they might grab Tarleton St from d2 and have a 12/14 split.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:19 pm 
Junior
Junior

Sweet! I knew that Tarleton St. or Angelo St. would be up next for the Southland! Personally, I think that they should add both plus U. Texas Pan Am.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Blog article out of Springfield with comments from Missouri State President who says Loyola of Chicago was a unanimous choice to replace Creighton and the MVC "may" not add any more schools for a while.Link at http://blogs.news-leader.com/msu/2013/0 ... the-valley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Blog article out of Springfield with comments from Missouri State President who says Loyola of Chicago was a unanimous choice to replace Creighton and the MVC "may" not add any more schools for a while.Link at http://blogs.news-leader.com/msu/2013/0 ... the-valley

Sounds like they are holding out hope that St Louis and/or Dayton may fall in their lap...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:19 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

Sounds like they are holding out hope that St Louis and/or Dayton may fall in their lap...

I'm sure that St. Louis and Dayton might be new Big East material. The MVC should try checking out the Horizon, Summit and OVC

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Loyola of Chicago site announcement regarding presser tomorrow morning at 11am(local)to formally accept MVC invite at http://www.loyolaramblers.com

Edit:Also release from Loyola of Chicago site with announcement of formal accceptance of MVC invite at http://www.loyolaramblers.com/genrel/041913aad.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:42 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Evansville with comments from MVC Commish regarding today's formal Loyola of Chicago acceptance of a MVC invite at http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/a ... et-profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:09 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Article out of Evansville with comments from MVC Commish regarding today's formal Loyola of Chicago acceptance of a MVC invite at http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/a ... et-profile

Now with Loyola is in the MVC, only thing left is that UIC, Valpo and Detroit to follow up, and in response, the Horizon should add the non-Dakota Summit schools. And UN-Omaha would be part of the Dakota school group.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:08 pm 
Senior
Senior

yahoo's article on loyola:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/loyola-chi ... ncaab.html

Us National Soccer Team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:56 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Wichita with comments from WSU President who says his league "may"be looking at expansion again in the future at http://www.kansas.com/2013/04/19/276925 ... souri.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:29 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I know these guys have wanted into Chicago, but I have to wonder what it means about schools like Illinois State and SIU, and whether the MVC's ranks will further thin in Illinois.

I'm glad they replaced a private school with another private school. I think it's bad news doing business with some of the system schools, as UIC is. They were chartered as "overflow" and secondary campuses, and in the shadows of the Big Ten, who have a tendency not playing nicely with the MAC and MVC, these conferences are smart to keep from further "dilution." Don't make it easier for the Big Ten when these schools with decent and long-running traditions work with so much less in terms of resources and support.

I'd love to see Valpo, and I think Detroit and/or Oakland would be alright, too, but that UMKC visit seems a bit strange.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:04 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I think Wichita State just wants someone near them. If Missouri State boogies for FBS, the Shockers become a noticeable geographic outlier.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

wbyeager wrote:
I think Wichita State just wants someone near them. If Missouri State boogies for FBS, the Shockers become a noticeable geographic outlier.

Unfortunately, there isn't any other school from Kansas in the FCS or NFS (non-football subdivision) levels. The only ones are FBS level status (Kansas and Kansas State). Wichita State should also upgrade into FBS someday, if the Shockers plan to re-instate football after dropping it since the MVC quit sponsoring that sport.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:23 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
wbyeager wrote:

Unfortunately, there isn't any other school from Kansas in the FCS or NFS (non-football subdivision) levels. The only ones are FBS level status (Kansas and Kansas State). Wichita State should also upgrade into FBS someday, if the Shockers plan to re-instate football after dropping it since the MVC quit sponsoring that sport.

At this point, ANY western program would help them just a bit...be it the unlikely, like Saint Louis and Denver, or the potentially unwanted, like Oral Roberts, WIU, or the Dakota State schools...

...still better than UMKC.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

The Bishin Cutter wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
wbyeager wrote:

At this point, ANY western program would help them just a bit...be it the unlikely, like Saint Louis and Denver, or the potentially unwanted, like Oral Roberts, WIU, or the Dakota State schools...

...still better than UMKC.

How about schools like Nebraska-Omaha? In case the MVC wouldn't re-instate football by absorbing the MVFC and UNO's plan to revive its football program, it'll be fit for the MVFC while competing its other non-football sports as an all-sports full member within the MVC. Might also help "representing-replacing" what's left in Creighton.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next