NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:42 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:44 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Evansville(previously posted in another thread) with comments from Evansville and Missouri State Presidents regarding ongoing MVC expansion selection process .According to article the rumors that apparently originated out of Milwaukee regarding a MVC invite to UIC have not been confirmed by MVC officials.Link at http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/a ... new-member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Chicago(previously posted in another thread)with comments from UIC AD who confirms his school received a MVC campus visit last Wednesday but no MVC invite appears to be imminent.Link at http://www.suntimes.com/sports/19376200 ... rence.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:28 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Chicago Tribune article(previously posted in another thread)reporting that Horizon league member Loyola of Chicago has accepted a MVC invite at http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... e-ramblers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:37 am 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Chicago Tribune article(previously posted in another thread)reporting that Horizon league member Loyola of Chicago has accepted a MVC invite at http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... e-ramblers

Welcome aboard to the MVC Loyola!

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Blog article out of Springfield(previously posted in another thread)with comments from Missouri State President who says that Loyola of Chicago was a unanimous choice to replace Creighton and the MVC "may"not add any more schools for a while.Link at http://blogs.news-leader.com/msu/2013/0 ... the-valley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:18 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I'd say that now would be a good time for the Horizon to get on the phone with Oakland, IUPUI, IPFW, and WIU/Chicago St and build a 12 team conference.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
I'd say that now would be a good time for the Horizon to get on the phone with Oakland, IUPUI, IPFW, and WIU/Chicago St and build a 12 team conference.

I'm with you on that. But here are the difference exceptions. Instead of having Western Illinois, they should be into the OVC (in case Belmont gets an invite from the MVC) or going to the MVC. And I believe that that 12th member should be a school from D-II (and of course, from the Midwest area [GLIAC, GLVC]). Eventually, the remaining Summit schools should be invited by either the WAC or the Big Sky.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:13 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Interview with Horizon League Commish, that basically gives no information about anything, other than to say they will keep their discussions internal until they are ready to announce something of substance ....

http://www.nwitimes.com/blogs/sports/va ... 963f4.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:33 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:

I'm with you on that. But here are the difference exceptions. Instead of having Western Illinois, they should be into the OVC (in case Belmont gets an invite from the MVC) or going to the MVC. And I believe that that 12th member should be a school from D-II (and of course, from the Midwest area [GLIAC, GLVC]). Eventually, the remaining Summit schools should be invited by either the WAC or the Big Sky.

If WIU can manage an OVC invite that would be great for them; I doubt the Dakota schools plan on including the Leathernecks in any of their future realignment moves.

As for going to DII for replacements for the Summit or Horizon that could be a little difficult. All the GLIAC schools in Ohio are small and private and the state schools in Michigan all seem comfortable where they are at. I'm not an expert on the GLVC but the school in the league most capable of moving up was UM-St Louis and with UMKC now in the WAC I don't see them moving. I think the DII schools in the region that are most likely to move are in Minnesota. St Cloud St, Minnesota St-Mankato, and Minnesota-Duluth might be able to move up and help out the Dakota schools but that would probably mean the Summit League picking up football (and UND).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:16 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:

If WIU can manage an OVC invite that would be great for them; I doubt the Dakota schools plan on including the Leathernecks in any of their future realignment moves.

As for going to DII for replacements for the Summit or Horizon that could be a little difficult. All the GLIAC schools in Ohio are small and private and the state schools in Michigan all seem comfortable where they are at. I'm not an expert on the GLVC but the school in the league most capable of moving up was UM-St Louis and with UMKC now in the WAC I don't see them moving. I think the DII schools in the region that are most likely to move are in Minnesota. St Cloud St, Minnesota St-Mankato, and Minnesota-Duluth might be able to move up and help out the Dakota schools but that would probably mean the Summit League picking up football (and UND).

If some D-II schools from Minnesota plan to upgrade to D-I and join the Summit, then the MVFC should be absorbed into the Summit (making the conference to revive football as a sponsored sport since like the early days as the Mid-Continent Conference).

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:16 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Detroit Free Press article reporting that Oakland University has announced a presser to follow tomorrow's 4pm (ET) BOT meeting to apparently announce that they are joining the Horizon league at http://www.freep.com/article/20130506/S ... zon-league

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Detroit Free Press article reporting that Oakland University has announced a presser to follow tomorrow's 4pm (ET) BOT meeting to apparently announce that they are joining the Horizon league at http://www.freep.com/article/20130506/S ... zon-league

hmmm...yes to Oakland but mum is the word on IUPUI or any further expansion. I've never been a fan of 9 member conferences; someone always gets left without a travel partner. For basketball leagues I really think you need 10, or, if you geographic footprint is big, 12 and divisional play.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

hmmm...yes to Oakland but mum is the word on IUPUI or any further expansion. I've never been a fan of 9 member conferences; someone always gets left without a travel partner. For basketball leagues I really think you need 10, or, if you geographic footprint is big, 12 and divisional play.

For the Horizon to expand upto 12 members, the conference must add the Indiana-Purdue schools, and maybe Western Illinois.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:39 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Robert Morris should be a target if they go to 12.

EAST
Cleveland St/Youngstown St
Detroit/Oakland
Robert Morris/Wright St

WEST
Green Bay/Milwaukee
Ill-Chicago/Valparaiso
IPFW/IUPUI

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:06 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

JPSchmack wrote:
Robert Morris should be a target if they go to 12.

EAST
Cleveland St/Youngstown St
Detroit/Oakland
Robert Morris/Wright St

WEST
Green Bay/Milwaukee
Ill-Chicago/Valparaiso
IPFW/IUPUI

Good projection JP. But Robert Morris is from the Northeast, not the Midwest. Maybe the 12th member should be another school from Ohio, like one of those from the GLIAC of Division II. Oakland was a former D-II and GLIAC member before jumping to D-I.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next