NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:15 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 78  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:23 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quinn wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
accseahawk wrote:
NKU could fast track baseball upgrade which would allow it to count for the Summit as the 6th team

I still think that the Summit should merge with the Horizon, leaving the Dakota schools aside. It would be impossible for the Summit to find another all-sports member (that has baseball to save the league).

I'm sure they'd love to, but the Horizon would be the big loser...since they can pick and chose which SL schools they want.

Could you explain how come?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:31 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Quinn wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
accseahawk wrote:
NKU could fast track baseball upgrade which would allow it to count for the Summit as the 6th team

I still think that the Summit should merge with the Horizon, leaving the Dakota schools aside. It would be impossible for the Summit to find another all-sports member (that has baseball to save the league).

I'm sure they'd love to, but the Horizon would be the big loser...since they can pick and chose which SL schools they want.

I don't think I could any more than I did. The Horizon is in no fear of no longer existing. If they want ANY Summit school, they will take them. The Summit is in danger. The Horizon won't benefit from expanding with too many schools, just like any conference.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:36 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quinn wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Quinn wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
accseahawk wrote:

I don't think I could any more than I did. The Horizon is in no fear of no longer existing. If they want ANY Summit school, they will take them. The Summit is in danger. The Horizon won't benefit from expanding with too many schools, just like any conference.

I know that the Summit is in danger, not the Horizon. However, both could be in danger if the two conferences plan to discuss a merger (if the Summit has no Dakotas nor UNO) and make a new name to represent the Midwest, like the Midwest-10 Conference or something.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

but why would the Horizon do that when they can just take who they want from the Summit?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

accseahawk wrote:
but why would the Horizon do that when they can just take who they want from the Summit?

No need to have 1 conf. and 1 bid instead of 17 and 2 bids, plus HL doesn't have to settle for the crap at bottom of the summit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:26 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
accseahawk wrote:

No need to have 1 conf. and 1 bid instead of 17 and 2 bids, plus HL doesn't have to settle for the crap at bottom of the summit.

exactly. is summit at risk of losing anymore to the Horizon? Horizon is at a solid 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:34 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

accseahawk wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
accseahawk wrote:

exactly. is summit at risk of losing anymore to the Horizon? Horizon is at a solid 9

Only names that the Horizon has mentioned according to an article are UMKC, NKU. It also said that IUPUI and IPFW were unlikely.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Ok, lemme rephrase a bit here. Putting the Horizon aside, what would be the future of the Summit in case that the Dakota schools are out of the league? Find D-II members within the Upper Midwest area?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:05 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I think the future of the Summit is with the Dakotas, Denver, and UNO. IUPUI and IUPUFW would rather be in the Horizon. Western Illinois could fit in fine in a more front range conference.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:10 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

accseahawk wrote:
I think the future of the Summit is with the Dakotas, Denver, and UNO. IUPUI and IUPUFW would rather be in the Horizon. Western Illinois could fit in fine in a more front range conference.

Then at least the Summit should try to add North Dakota to complete the 4 Dakotas and have UNO re-instate football (both FB programs to the MVFC).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:20 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
accseahawk wrote:

Then at least the Summit should try to add North Dakota to complete the 4 Dakotas and have UNO re-instate football (both FB programs to the MVFC).

At this point the Horizon could kill off the Summit if it wanted.

Take IUPUI, IUPUFW, and UNK

UNK, Youngstown St, Wright St, Cleveland St, Detroit, Oakland
IUPUI, IUPUFW, Valpo, UWGB, UWM, UIC

Summit and WAC merge for survival

Chicago St, WIU, USD, SD St, ND St. UNO, UMKC
New Mexico St, Seattle, Utah Valley, UTPA, Denver, Grand Canyon, Cal St. Bakersfield

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:45 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

While the Horizon expanding with NKU, IUPUI, and IPFW would seem like a logical move to us the Horizon must not see any upside for those Indiana schools since they aren't very competitive ans/or Valparaiso is blocking it. Also, Horizon expansion could leave a lot of blood on their hands-- the A-Sun is on shaky terms and at risk at falling below the NCAA minimum and hitting the Summit would surely force a Summit/WAC merger.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:30 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
While the Horizon expanding with NKU, IUPUI, and IPFW would seem like a logical move to us the Horizon must not see any upside for those Indiana schools since they aren't very competitive ans/or Valparaiso is blocking it. Also, Horizon expansion could leave a lot of blood on their hands-- the A-Sun is on shaky terms and at risk at falling below the NCAA minimum and hitting the Summit would surely force a Summit/WAC merger.

NKU is the only logical team the HL could add from the WAC/Summit/ASC that won't cause the conf. losing a school to ask for a waiver. Summit & WAC have 8 w each having a provisional school, so does the ASC but NKU is the school so they'd still have the 7 counters needed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:

NKU is the only logical team the HL could add from the WAC/Summit/ASC that won't cause the conf. losing a school to ask for a waiver. Summit & WAC have 8 w each having a provisional school, so does the ASC but NKU is the school so they'd still have the 7 counters needed.

I get what you're saying but if the Horizon takes NKU and the Big South takes K St then the A- Sun would also need a waiver and where NKU could bring them within the NCAA limit, not having NKU would mean it would take at least 2 more yrs before any future d2 upgrades would count onwards their 7.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:18 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:

I get what you're saying but if the Horizon takes NKU and the Big South takes K St then the A- Sun would also need a waiver and where NKU could bring them within the NCAA limit, not having NKU would mean it would take at least 2 more yrs before any future d2 upgrades would count onwards their 7.

Yes very true or if they take USCU. More to my point of 1 conf doesn't give a sh*t about another. accseahawk thinks that the Big SOuth will sit at 11 so if his scenario went down my last post would work. I hope that the HL goes to 10 and that the BSC gets back to 12. Don't forget CAA has 10 and is still looking, SBC has 11 and still looking. BE has 10 and is still looking more dominoes to come.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 78  Next