NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:09 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

FoxNews article with comments from Big South Commish regarding league realignment at http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/06/0 ... -expansion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:55 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
So the Albany guy I talk to on the fcs board is saying KSU to the Big South for fb only and Delaware St. for all sports. WTF? I know DSU wanted to join a non HBCU conf. but how is a school in Delaware in the all sports footprint but not the team in Atlanta for the Big South?

DSU sees the HBC thing as good for institutional legacy and bad for its athletics. It's virtually lost where it is, smack dab in the middle of Delaware, on the wrong side of the bay. It's a scrub compared to the Beltway and coastal MEAC members. They've been looking for a new conference for years...something Delaware wants no part of.

I don't think Big South will get them. MEAC's far more stable, even if DSU is a non-factor in it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:54 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Macon(previously posted in another thread)discussing Big South realignment situation at http://www.macon.com/2013/06/11/2513446 ... the-a.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:42 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Marietta(previously posted in another thread)with comments from KSU AD who says his school is looking for a conference home(like the Big South?) for it's FB program at http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story_sp ... eft_column

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

makes too much sense not to happen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:26 am 
All-Star
All-Star

With VMI leaving to re-join the SoCon, will the Big South still plan to have divisional play? And if so or not, any options of finding a candidate to replace VMI?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:25 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
With VMI leaving to re-join the SoCon, will the Big South still plan to have divisional play? And if so or not, any options of finding a candidate to replace VMI?

The logical move, if Kennesaw St 's football was up and running already, would be to invite them in order to get back to 12 and keep divisional play. But since owl football isn't ready yet the Big South has the benefit of taking the wait and see approach. I also think that there quiet conversations going on between the Big South and A-Sun regarding the A-Sun adding 2-4 DII football schools and having them play in a combined Big South/A-Sun football league thus solving both league's problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:30 am 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:

The logical move, if Kennesaw St 's football was up and running already, would be to invite them in order to get back to 12 and keep divisional play. But since owl football isn't ready yet the Big South has the benefit of taking the wait and see approach. I also think that there quiet conversations going on between the Big South and A-Sun regarding the A-Sun adding 2-4 DII football schools and having them play in a combined Big South/A-Sun football league thus solving both league's problems.

Is it possible for the A-Sun to sponsor football if that happens? But if Kennesaw State would join the Big South, it'll keep 12 and with division play, regardless of its football program being late since a few current Big South schools don't sponsor football, which it'll stay single-formatted round robin. The same can be said for the SoCon.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:44 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:

Is it possible for the A-Sun to sponsor football if that happens? But if Kennesaw State would join the Big South, it'll keep 12 and with division play, regardless of its football program being late since a few current Big South schools don't sponsor football, which it'll stay single-formatted round robin. The same can be said for the SoCon.

No. The A-Sun football schools (Kennesaw St and the DII upgrades) would be Big South football affiliates. Jacksonville and Stetson probably stay non-scholly in the Pioneer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:17 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:

No. The A-Sun football schools (Kennesaw St and the DII upgrades) would be Big South football affiliates. Jacksonville and Stetson probably stay non-scholly in the Pioneer.

Then I'll doubt that there will be an alliance between the A-Sun and the Big South. Either it's all or nothing, NOT a mix. And I wish the Pioneer Football League should not decease, so that Campbell can return back to the Big South on fb with its other sports, and the rest go FCS Indy mode.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:10 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:

Yeah the Big South will take any fb team as an affiliate (see Stoney Brook/Monmouth as examples)

Jacksonville will most likely stay non-scholly but if I recall correctly Stetson was discussing adding scholarships so they are a possibility, along with any D2 upgrades and possible upstarts like FL Gulf Coast.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

KSU is in for fb only. I don't know why it's not here considering I got the info from Laker who linked this site as the reference.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:56 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

KSU starts FB in 2015.

TODAY there have been some informal announcemnets that they will be a Big South affiliate.

Thanks for the heads up, Fresno.

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story/23 ... ght_column

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/kennesaw ... all/nZkfN/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:39 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:
KSU starts FB in 2015.

TODAY there have been some informal announcemnets that they will be a Big South affiliate.

Thanks for the heads up, Fresno.

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story/23 ... ght_column" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/kennesaw ... all/nZkfN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank Laker, he posted it on csi's facebook page and I'm friends w/ both so it came up on my fb home page.
https://www.facebook.com/collegesportsi ... ion=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:15 am 
Senior
Senior

With the Big South needing more members to stay aflot and with the improvement that LRU has made in DIV 2 heading to the national championship, do you think Big South will offer an invite to LRU. LRU is in NC and fits the private small university type that most of the Big South school are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next