NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1654
The Big Ten played 8.
Back when it was TEN, each team played all but one (not a full-round robin).
After PSU was added, each team played all but two.
However, at least the first few years thta Penn State was a member, the schedule maker made them play everyone else.
Not sure if that had to do with scheduling mathematics, or it was to help with transitioning from Penn State's schedule as an indepeendent to a Big Ten member.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Here's an ideal realignment for the WAC after 2013-14:

With Denver, Louisiana Tech, San Jose State, Texas-Arlington, Texas-San Antonio, Texas State and Utah State leaving for different conferences, effectively in the 2013-14 season, and Idaho leaving for the Big Sky in the 2014-15 season, only New Mexico State and Seattle would remain, along with these following upcoming members:

Cal State-Bakersfield, Chicago State, Grand Canyon, Missouri–Kansas City, Texas–Pan American and Utah Valley

I believe that the new WAC (non-football) should consist with a mix of Western U.S. schools with west-side Midwest schools, with some additions from the NCAA D-II (to re-modify its mission and vision and stuff); while New Mexico State should leave to join C-USA or re-join the Sun Belt, and Seattle to re-join the WCC or join the Big West.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:38 pm
Posts: 124
OK now we have 129 FBS teams we can go to 4 regions plus Notre Dame

We have 64 AQ's and 64 non AQ's however Houston & SMU will move up and Wake and N'western down due to geography

AQ's

North

POD 1: Nebraska, Iowa, ISU, Illi
POD 2: Wisconsin, Minne, Michigan, MSU
POD 3: Indiana, Purdue, UK, Ville
POD 4: OSU, Penn State, Pitt, WV

South

POD 1: Texas, TTU, Houston, Baylor
POD 2: TAMU, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU
POD 3: Bama, Auburn, Vandy, Tenn
POD 4: TCU, SMU, Arkansas, Mizzou

East

POD 1: Florida, FSU, UGA, GA Tech
POD 2: Miami, USC, Clemson, NCSU
POD 3: UNC, Duke, UVA, VA Tech
POD 4: BC, Cuse, Rutgers, Maryland

West

POD 1: USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford
POD 2: Oregon, OSU, Washington, WSU
POD 3: Arizona, ASU, Utah, Colorado
POD 4: Kansas, KSU, Oklahoma, OSU

Non-AQ's

North

POD 1: NIU, Northwestern, Ball St, WKU
POD 2: EMU, WMU, CMU, Toledo
POD 3: Miami, Cincinnati, Ohio, Bowling Green
POD 4: Temple, Marshall, Akron, Kent St

South

POD 1: UTEP, UTSA, Rice, Texas St
POD 2: Arkansas St, UNT, Memphis, MTSU
POD 3: ULL, ULM, LA Tech, Tulane
POD 4: UAB, Troy, S Alabama, USM

East

POD 1: UCF, USF, FAU, FIU
POD 2: GA State, GA Southern, Charlotte, ECU
POD 3: App State, Wake, ODU, Navy,
POD 4: UMass, UConn, Buffalo, Army

West

POD 1: Hawaii, SDSU, SJSU, Fresno St
POD 2: Nevada, UNLV, UNM, NMSU
POD 3: Idaho, Boise St, Utah St, BYU
POD 4: Wyoming, Colorado St, Air Force, Tulsa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:23 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:38 pm
Posts: 124
If we go off attendance (avg att only varies 39,735 to 43,430 for each region)

North: No Change
South: UTEP & UTSA replace Houston and SMU
East: ECU & USF replace Duke & Maryland
West: BYU replaces Washington State


AQ's

North

POD 1: Nebraska, Iowa, ISU, Illi
POD 2: Wisconsin, Minne, Michigan, MSU
POD 3: Indiana, Purdue, UK, Ville
POD 4: OSU, Penn State, Pitt, WV

South

POD 1: Texas, TTU, UTEP, UTSA
POD 2: TAMU, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU
POD 3: Bama, Auburn, Vandy, Tenn
POD 4: TCU, Arkansas, Mizzou, Baylor

East

POD 1: Florida, FSU, USF, Miami
POD 2: USC, Clemson, UGA, GA Tech
POD 3: UNC, UVA, ECU, NCSU
POD 4: BC, Cuse, Rutgers, VA Tech

West

POD 1: USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford
POD 2: Oregon, OSU, Washington, BYU
POD 3: Arizona, ASU, Utah, Colorado
POD 4: Kansas, KSU, Oklahoma, OSU

Non-AQ's

North

POD 1: NIU, Northwestern, Ball St, WKU
POD 2: EMU, WMU, CMU, Toledo
POD 3: Miami, Cincinnati, Ohio, Bowling Green
POD 4: Temple, Marshall, Akron, Kent St

South

POD 1: Houston, SMU, Rice, Texas St
POD 2: Arkansas St, UNT, Memphis, MTSU
POD 3: ULL, ULM, LA Tech, Tulane
POD 4: UAB, Troy, S Alabama, USM

East

POD 1: UCF, FAU, FIU, GA Southern
POD 2: GA State, Charlotte, Duke, Wake
POD 3: ODU, Navy, Maryland, App State
POD 4: UMass, UConn, Buffalo, Army

West

POD 1: Hawaii, SDSU, SJSU, Fresno St
POD 2: Nevada, UNLV, UNM, NMSU
POD 3: Idaho, Boise St, Utah St, WSU
POD 4: Wyoming, Colorado St, Air Force, Tulsa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm 
Online
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 151
I might be the only one but i would like to see a great northwest conference for FBS.

The schools would be
Idaho
Idaho State
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana States
Eastern Washington
Portland State
Northern Iowa
Drake university

West Division
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana States
Eastern Washington
Portland State

East Division
Northern Iowa
Drake university
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State

Immediate bowl tie in could be the following

Idaho Potato bowl against a MWC team
Dakota bowl Game against a MAC team
Seattle Bowl game against a PAC 12 team
Iowa bowl game against either a big 12 or 10 team
This would allow or have the big sky being more of a south west conference and the Missouri valley football conference footprint shrink

_________________
Fan of:
Sun Belt Conference
Summit League
Us National Soccer Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:11 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
46566 wrote:
I might be the only one but i would like to see a great northwest conference for FBS.

The schools would be
Idaho
Idaho State
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana States
Eastern Washington
Portland State
Northern Iowa
Drake university

West Division
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana States
Eastern Washington
Portland State

East Division
Northern Iowa
Drake university
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State

Immediate bowl tie in could be the following

Idaho Potato bowl against a MWC team
Dakota bowl Game against a MAC team
Seattle Bowl game against a PAC 12 team
Iowa bowl game against either a big 12 or 10 team
This would allow or have the big sky being more of a south west conference and the Missouri valley football conference footprint shrink


That would be a great idea for the Northwest/Upper Midwest U.S. areas to have a conference like that magnitude. But what about the Cal football-sponsoring schools like Sacramento State, UC-Davis and Cal Poly? Would all be in the Big West?

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:59 am 
Online
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 151
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
46566 wrote:
I might be the only one but i would like to see a great northwest conference for FBS.

The schools would be
Idaho
Idaho State
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana States
Eastern Washington
Portland State
Northern Iowa
Drake university

West Division
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana States
Eastern Washington
Portland State

East Division
Northern Iowa
Drake university
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State

Immediate bowl tie in could be the following

Idaho Potato bowl against a MWC team
Dakota bowl Game against a MAC team
Seattle Bowl game against a PAC 12 team
Iowa bowl game against either a big 12 or 10 team
This would allow or have the big sky being more of a south west conference and the Missouri valley football conference footprint shrink


That would be a great idea for the Northwest/Upper Midwest U.S. areas to have a conference like that magnitude. But what about the Cal football-sponsoring schools like Sacramento State, UC-Davis and Cal Poly? Would all be in the Big West?


The big sky would be more of a south western conference. San Diego has a non scholarship football team.(in pioneer conference) I would like to have them move to the big sky for football.(8 football members)

The big sky would have 5 all sports members left so i would like them to add Grand Canyon from the WAC(travel partner for North Arizona.) Cal state Bakersfield (for another game in California) and Denver.

They could add Seattle so they could get back into Washington. Also Utah valley state to get to 10 all sport schools. worse case scenario they go after big west schools

_________________
Fan of:
Sun Belt Conference
Summit League
Us National Soccer Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:04 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
46566 wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
46566 wrote:
I might be the only one but i would like to see a great northwest conference for FBS.

The schools would be
Idaho
Idaho State
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana States
Eastern Washington
Portland State
Northern Iowa
Drake university

West Division
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana States
Eastern Washington
Portland State

East Division
Northern Iowa
Drake university
North Dakota
North Dakota State
South Dakota
South Dakota State

Immediate bowl tie in could be the following

Idaho Potato bowl against a MWC team
Dakota bowl Game against a MAC team
Seattle Bowl game against a PAC 12 team
Iowa bowl game against either a big 12 or 10 team
This would allow or have the big sky being more of a south west conference and the Missouri valley football conference footprint shrink


That would be a great idea for the Northwest/Upper Midwest U.S. areas to have a conference like that magnitude. But what about the Cal football-sponsoring schools like Sacramento State, UC-Davis and Cal Poly? Would all be in the Big West?


The big sky would be more of a south western conference. San Diego has a non scholarship football team.(in pioneer conference) I would like to have them move to the big sky for football.(8 football members)

The big sky would have 5 all sports members left so i would like them to add Grand Canyon from the WAC(travel partner for North Arizona.) Cal state Bakersfield (for another game in California) and Denver.

They could add Seattle so they could get back into Washington. Also Utah valley state to get to 10 all sport schools. worse case scenario they go after big west schools


Sounds fair enough, but it would be both the Northwest U.S. and the Southwest U.S. alike. I also wanna see the Big West resurrecting football, with some of their old members sponsoring the sport.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:57 pm 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 8
I would have liked to see old Metro conference come back, for all sports, including football. With 12 teams, football side of things could have a playoff.

My teams:

Alabama Birmingham
Central Florida
Charlotte
Cincinnati
Georgia Tech
Houston
Louisville
Memphis
South Carolina
South Florida
Southern Miss
Tulane (substitute Louisiana Lafeyette or UTEP, for all public school approach.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:08 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
courtjester wrote:
I would have liked to see old Metro conference come back, for all sports, including football. With 12 teams, football side of things could have a playoff.

My teams:

Alabama Birmingham
Central Florida
Charlotte
Cincinnati
Georgia Tech
Houston
Louisville
Memphis
South Carolina
South Florida
Southern Miss
Tulane (substitute Louisiana Lafeyette or UTEP, for all public school approach.


Like the idea, and it's nearly similar to my dream idea of the revived Metro Conference. But you forgot having Florida State and Virginia Tech, which were also former members of the old Metro. I know that Central Florida was never a member of the old Metro, that's for sure. Anyways, if it was division play, it would go as this:

North: Charlotte, Cincinnati, Lousiville, Memphis, South Carolina, Georgia Tech
South: Tulane, Southern Miss, South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, UAB

East: South Florida, Central Florida, Georgia Tech, South Carolina, Charlotte, Cincinnati
West: Houston, Tulane, Memphis, UAB, Louisville, Tulane

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 pm 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 8
I didn't forget about those two, I just felt Florida State wouldn't leave and Va. Tech was too small a market nowadays. I debated about southern miss but thought I would keep them to connect the states.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:04 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
courtjester wrote:
I didn't forget about those two, I just felt Florida State wouldn't leave and Va. Tech was too small a market nowadays. I debated about southern miss but thought I would keep them to connect the states.


I understand what you mean. Besides, both Florida St. and Virginia Tech would be a powerhouse duo if invited to the new Metro. lol And what do you think of my North/South and East/West division formats?

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:12 am 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 8
Really like the East/West look, that is how I set it up for football and for basketball pairings. If you had FSU and VA Tech, they would move to the East. GA Tech would move to the west and Houston and Central Florida would be replaced.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:13 am 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 8
If you were going to replace Tulane (and go all public schools), who would you choose? Would you go Lafayette there or other?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
courtjester wrote:
If you were going to replace Tulane (and go all public schools), who would you choose? Would you go Lafayette there or other?


Hmmm... You got me there. I don't know which public school would replace Tulane.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group