NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:53 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:44 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

wbyeager wrote:
I'm wondering if the ECAC falls apart by the end of the summer. If AIr Force and Bellarmine move to the Atlantic Sun now, the CAA could pick up Ohio State and Michigan for 2014:

Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Massachusetts
Delaware
Towson
Drexel
Fairfield
Hofstra

I don't see Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan leaving Big Ten lacrosse. In fact, I don't think they can leave.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:48 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Quinn wrote:
wbyeager wrote:
I'm wondering if the ECAC falls apart by the end of the summer. If AIr Force and Bellarmine move to the Atlantic Sun now, the CAA could pick up Ohio State and Michigan for 2014:

Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Massachusetts
Delaware
Towson
Drexel
Fairfield
Hofstra

I don't see Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan leaving Big Ten lacrosse. In fact, I don't think they can leave.

I think he's talking about a temporary, one year proposition since I don't think big ten lacrosse is set to start until the 2015 lacrosse season

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:25 am 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
Quinn wrote:
wbyeager wrote:

Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Massachusetts
Delaware
Towson
Drexel
Fairfield
Hofstra

I think he's talking about a temporary, one year proposition since I don't think big ten lacrosse is set to start until the 2015 lacrosse season

Agreed. It starts in '15 when UMD and RU are officially members of the conference.

If ECAC folds, OSU and Michigan go independent for the year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:14 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting Inside Lacrosse article on some of the new programs entering the D1 ranks.

...have to say, I'm intrigued about Monmouth (who left the NEC for the MAAC only to put lacrosse into the NEC when the MAAC fields it) and Richmond and their intentions...

I also get a feeling Boston's program won't stay very long.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:33 pm 
Sophomore
Sophomore

St. Francis (PA) announced that they will be moving their field hockey to the Atlantic 10 and become an affiliate member of that conference.

http://www.sfuathletics.com/news/2013/7 ... 30206.aspx

Is there any particular reason for this move? The NEC still has 7 field hockey members (at least as far as I know).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:41 pm 
Junior
Junior

robconstant wrote:
St. Francis (PA) announced that they will be moving their field hockey to the Atlantic 10 and become an affiliate member of that conference.

http://www.sfuathletics.com/news/2013/7 ... 30206.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is there any particular reason for this move? The NEC still has 7 field hockey members (at least as far as I know).

NEC dropped field hockey when Monmouth and Quinnipiac left, I think all the remaining members (Bryant, RMU, SHU, and Siena and Rider brought the sport back to the MAAC).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Jersey(previously posted in another thread)discussing NJIT trying to join a D-1 conference "like" the NEC at http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/in ... tball.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:44 am 
All-Star
All-Star

NYPost article(previously posted in another thread) with comments from NJIT AD regarding finding a conference home for NJIT at http://nypost.com/2013/12/20/no-more-a- ... eds-a-home

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Just in case the NEC might get raided by nearby regional D-I conferences, would it be wise or not for them to add upcoming successful members from D-II conferences like the NE-10, the CACC and the former NYCAC-turned ECC? Plus, the possible addition of NJIT.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:02 pm 
Sophomore
Sophomore

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Just in case the NEC might get raided by nearby regional D-I conferences, would it be wise or not for them to add upcoming successful members from D-II conferences like the NE-10, the CACC and the former NYCAC-turned ECC? Plus, the possible addition of NJIT.

It couldn't hurt for the NEC to find a school from the D-II NE-10 conference to upgrade and join.

Bentley University would probably be the best option: They are near Boston (specifically Waltham), but have about 5,500 students, sponsor football and have placed in the top 3 in the conference Presidents' Cup each year since 1986, with 6 championships.

Stonehill College is also a good option: They are in Massachusetts but close to Bryant, have about 2,400 students, sponsor football and have placed in the top 3 in the conference Presidents' Cup each year since 2005, with championships in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

There are quite a few decent options, and Bryant joined from that conference and could be doing much worse. Bryant is overall better than NJIT since they've upgraded.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:02 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NJIT's problem in the NEC is FDU. Wagner to a lesser extent. It has a Monmouth and Rider problem in the MAAC, were they to even consider a public school. I wouldn't be surprised if the AE winds up with them, but who knows with schools like Wagner and Monmouth out there with football (and programs who want to collect body-bag money), and whether something finally happens with AE football sponsorship.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6