Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:19 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 am 
Junior
Junior

I will choose 4 teams in this topic.
1) Texas A&M - Alabama will not have soled the Johnny Manziel question, plus Alabama dropped 4 players in the spring for armed robbery, and they are playing in College Station. They also have LSU late in the season. A&M also got a RB transfer from Oklahoma that is supposed to be a beast for them. Result: Texas A&M undefeated and in the running for a national title.

2) Ohio St. - I can only see three teams challenging for the Buckeyes in the north this year: Michigan, Nebraska, and Northwestern. However, I think that Ohio St. just has too much talent to be stopped. Result - Ohio St. undefeated and in the running for a national title.

3) Oregon - The loss of their Head Coach in Chip Kelly will not be as great a hit to the team as most writers are suspecting. The new coach is the Offensive Coordinator, and if it is not broke - don't fix it. Same schemes for now, and same talent. QB is Manziel style and causes things to happen. If they can get past my other pick for the PAC12 title game; Result - Oregon undefeated and in the running for a national title.

4) Arizona St. - This team is gonna be phenomenal this year. Their offense is going to a speed style attack with multiple threats at RB and WR. I am hearing that the offensive unit is practicing running plays every 12 seconds! This gives opposing defenses no time to get fresh people on the field or be ready for the next play. It also tires out defenses for the 3rd and 4th quarter. Writers are predicting Stanford to beat ASU, but Stanford is a pass orientated offense that just lost their big RB. Stanford did not play ASU last year and will not be ready for the Sun Devils aggressive defense. Same goes for Notre Dame, who lost their QB and the Heisman hopeful Maneti T'eo. (sorry about spelling here) If they can beat my other pick for the PAC12 title; Result - Arizona St. undefeated and challenging for a national title.

I understand that this is a very early prediction, but we will wait and see if my calls are spot on huh? What do you guys think?

Quinn Edit: changed title word "pics" to "picks"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:38 pm 
Junior
Junior

Ok, I blew this one!
Did not see Auburn or Florida St. in the BCS final!