NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:06 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:29 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Does the author not know that VMI, ETSU and Mercer just accepted invitations to the SoCon ?

This article was published yesterday (6/11/13) ? Has this guy been in a coma ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:
Does the author not know that VMI, ETSU and Mercer just accepted invitations to the SoCon ?

He's a moron!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:06 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:

A huge botch on the author's part, big time!

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:36 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Marietta with comments from KSU AD who says his school wants to remain in the A-Sun for allsports but is looking for a league to become an associate FB member.Link at http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story_sp ... eft_column

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:49 am 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Article out of Marietta with comments from KSU AD who says his school wants to remain in the A-Sun for allsports but is looking for a league to become an associate FB member.Link at http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story_sp ... eft_column

Here's some possibilities for Kennesaw St. to join for football as an associate member. Either in the Big South or in the SoCon.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:07 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

Here's some possibilities for Kennesaw St. to join for football as an associate member. Either in the Big South or in the SoCon.

SoCon will either take them as a full member or nothing at all. And that's unlikely unless the CAA raids the SoCon again.

Big South is most likely.

CAA and OVC are also possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

SoCon will either take them as a full member or nothing at all. And that's unlikely unless the CAA raids the SoCon again.

Big South is most likely.

CAA and OVC are also possible.

I agree. The CAA and the OVC maybe a possibility (in the OVC's case, to substitute Morehead State, who plays football in the PFL). Unless Kennesaw St. plans to go FBS and join either like C-USA or the Sun Belt as an associate member while still competing in the A-Sun for all sports. A similar situation had occurred in Central Florida (former A-Sun member from 1992-93 to 2004-05), who sponsored FBS football since like 1996, and joined the MAC as an associate member in 2001 or 2002 until the Golden Knights joined C-USA for all sports in the 2005-06 season.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Big South football will have a new affiliate soon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:31 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Macon with comments from Atlantic Sun Commish regarding league realignment at http://www.13wmaz.com/sports/article/23 ... -Uncertain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Old lacrosse news, but Bellarmine's A-Sun bound for 2015.

Post subject: Atlantic Sun Realignment
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:45 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

It would be nice to see Bellarmine go all in on Division I. Is the fast track exemption still around? If the Knights can use that for two teams other than men's lacrosse, having 3 post-season eligible teams could make them a player right away.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 am 
All-Star
All-Star

wbyeager wrote:
It would be nice to see Bellarmine go all in on Division I. Is the fast track exemption still around? If the Knights can use that for two teams other than men's lacrosse, having 3 post-season eligible teams could make them a player right away.

Bellarmine needs an eastern or midwest conference where there are other Catholic schools to do that. I know Denver was worth it to the Big East for lax, but Bellarmine would have been good for them, too...and it may have "drawn out" Bellarmine for other sports. The Big East could do worse planting another pole in Louisville.

This only leaves AFA presently without a conference home now that ECAC is pretty much dead. I heard ASun, CAA, and possibly the Patriot being potential landing spots (don't know how considering one-sport memberships only apply to football). Wouldn't surprise me if the ACC brokers something with the Falcons like the Big Ten did with JHU. The ACC doesn't need AQ for lacrosse, but it will if they want lacrosse factored into the network situation.

Post subject: Atlantic Sun Realignment
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:03 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The A-Sun may be monitoring the situation with the Big East before making a move-if Richmond becomes an all-sports member, the A-Sun will have no choice but to add Air Force to keep lacrosse at six members.

The bigger question may be is if the SoCon is willing to pick up men's lacrosse-a fourth member probably makes it automatic. The SoCon could add High Point for all sports and have four lacrosse members.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 am 
All-Star
All-Star

wbyeager wrote:
The A-Sun may be monitoring the situation with the Big East before making a move-if Richmond becomes an all-sports member, the A-Sun will have no choice but to add Air Force to keep lacrosse at six members.

The bigger question may be is if the SoCon is willing to pick up men's lacrosse-a fourth member probably makes it automatic. The SoCon could add High Point for all sports and have four lacrosse members.

A-Sun can lose Richmond after this season and still survive. They'll have six for 2015. The bigger concern I think is what CAA tries to do. They want Furman.

I don't think SoCon sponsors it. Between the movement in ECAC, MAAC, CAA, A-Sun, and the Big East, there's a lot of moving parts there, and I don't know where another conference emerges. I think the newer programs are going to start coming from the west.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:26 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I was just wondering. Should the A-Sun plan to expand in the future, would their next pair of candidates be from the D-II Peach Belt? In the past decade, the only inclusions (excluding Northern Kentucky from the GLVC) were from that Southeastern-based conference, which were North Florida, Kennesaw State and South Carolina-Upstate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next