I can't answer your question. Let me ask this though; how has the shift affected the Sun Belt? I keep hearing that with the additions for 2014 that they have surpassed the CUSA in power for football. If this is the case, what about the MAC, the AAC, and the MWC? What I am trying to ask here is where would you rank these conferences and why?
If this falls in another thread Quinn, could you move it for me?
With the smaller 5 conferences (by the 2014/2015 membership):
1. Mt West - after this season, the Mt West would be the clear cut top team of these 5 (always competitive, holding 3 BCS games with 2 wins among its current members)
2. American - this season, the AAC may stronger than the Mt West with Louisville and Rutgers, and without Tulane (will be competitive, holding 5 BCS games with 2 wins among its current members)
3. MAC - one of the most stable conferences in the FBS with the tail-end having some changes every couple years (Temple/UMass), (always fun to watch with big scoring, holding 1 BCS game with 0 wins among its current members)
4. Conference USA - but for the realignment of the past couple years, if CUSA was able to maintain its 12 members and add only if a great opportunity came around, they would be above the MAC, and maybe even above the AAC (0 BCS)
5. Sun Belt - this will be an exciting league over then next couple seasons with the additions of FBS powerhouses Georgia Southern and Appalachian St coming soon; however, they are my last ranked league because of the instability in the league