NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:11 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Is this like how G'town (KY) got invited by the GMAC but rejected by the NCAA. Doesn't CU have to wait until 2014 to apply to the NCAA?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1731
Georgetown seemed like they were confused a few years ago, first moving to D-3, then suddenly changing direction toward D-2, and getting invited to the GMAC.
I think somewhere in there, there was a change of administration or AD perhaps.
They applied to D-2 in 2012, and got rejected, and sought an explanation why, and the D-2 committee presumably told them what their stumbling block was.
Somehow, due to this internal shake-up, they decided they didn't have their shit together in time to do a bona fide re-application for 2013.

The article states that both Georgetown and Cumberland will apply for D-2 membership in Summer 2014.

I was a bit surprised that only 2 of 5 applicants to D-2 were approved this summer.
Maybe the committee was afriad that if they didn't have some more applicants for 2014, they couldn't justify a 3-day convention / party to review applications in 2014...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:39 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
tute79 wrote:
Georgetown seemed like they were confused a few years ago, first moving to D-3, then suddenly changing direction toward D-2, and getting invited to the GMAC.
I think somewhere in there, there was a change of administration or AD perhaps.
They applied to D-2 in 2012, and got rejected, and sought an explanation why, and the D-2 committee presumably told them what their stumbling block was.
Somehow, due to this internal shake-up, they decided they didn't have their shit together in time to do a bona fide re-application for 2013.

The article states that both Georgetown and Cumberland will apply for D-2 membership in Summer 2014.

I was a bit surprised that only 2 of 5 applicants to D-2 were approved this summer.
Maybe the committee was afriad that if they didn't have some more applicants for 2014, they couldn't justify a 3-day convention / party to review applications in 2014...

They've since rejected AUM for some shady finance thing or something so Spring Hill was the only school that got in.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1483
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Georgetown seemed like they were confused a few years ago, first moving to D-3, then suddenly changing direction toward D-2, and getting invited to the GMAC.
I think somewhere in there, there was a change of administration or AD perhaps.
They applied to D-2 in 2012, and got rejected, and sought an explanation why, and the D-2 committee presumably told them what their stumbling block was.
Somehow, due to this internal shake-up, they decided they didn't have their shit together in time to do a bona fide re-application for 2013.

The article states that both Georgetown and Cumberland will apply for D-2 membership in Summer 2014.

I was a bit surprised that only 2 of 5 applicants to D-2 were approved this summer.
Maybe the committee was afriad that if they didn't have some more applicants for 2014, they couldn't justify a 3-day convention / party to review applications in 2014...

They've since rejected AUM for some shady finance thing or something so Spring Hill was the only school that got in.

Yeah we never talked about that one here but the Senior Reports has a pretty good write up about how the D2 committee s a joke...

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:30 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Greensboro, NC
(also posted in D3 thread)
Appeals successful:
http://www.gulfsouthconference.org/news/2013/9/6/GEN_0906134700.aspx

Mississippi College approved for D2 membership:
http://www.gochoctaws.com/news/2013/9/6/BB_0906135807.aspx

Lee University approved for 2nd year of D2 transition:
http://www.goleeflames.com/news/2013/9/6/GEN_0906131753.aspx?path=general


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Nice work as always Gso. Great news.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1483
Wonder what the deal with Mississippi College was?

Maybe they thought they needed another headline so people would forget about the AUM fiasco.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:08 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Greensboro, NC
First, let me give credit where credit is due... I saw this reported on D3sports.com.
http://d3sports.com/landing/index

tkalmus wrote:
Wonder what the deal with Mississippi College was?

Quote:
"As for Mississippi College, we believed that MC was more prepared than any other school in this year's applicant pool, but that there were misunderstandings created by the way things like graduation rates are calculated in D3 as opposed to D2," [Gulf South Conference Commissioner Nate] Salant continued. "Again, a lot came down to communication issues and interpretations of data and language.
Once those were clarified, the Membership Committee had a much clearer picture of what MC brings to the D2 table, and it reversed its July decision."

http://www.gulfsouthconference.org/news/2013/9/6/GEN_0906134700.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Senior Reports said that Emmanuel and Southern Wesleyan won their D-II appeals and will join Conf. Carolinas.

So...
Miss College in GSC
Emmanuel in CC
So. Wesleyan in CC

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
Emmanuel College release with yesterday's announcement that they will officially be joining NCAA D-2 and Conference Carolinas at http://www.goeclions.com/article/994.php


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:40 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
Southern Wesleyan University site release reporting on announced NCAA D-2 and Conference Carolinas memberships at http://www.swu.edu/about-swu/news/south ... membership


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:34 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Senior Reports says that the GNAC is looking to expand w/ Concordia(OR), Westminster(UT), Carroll(MT) has fb, S.Dakota Mines has fb in the GNAC already.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Greensboro, NC
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Senior Reports says that the GNAC is looking to expand w/ Concordia(OR), Westminster(UT), Carroll(MT) has fb, S.Dakota Mines has fb in the GNAC already.

As reported on The Senior Reports (http://www.theseniorreports.com/ncaad2.htm),
Quote:
Concordia University Accepted For GNAC Membership

Concordia University, located in Portland, OR, will move from the NAIA's Cascade Collegiate Conference to the Great Northwest Athletic Conference in the fall of 2015, pending D2 membership approval.

[Also posted on NAIA thread]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:19 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
Here is link to article out of Bellingham with comments from GNAC commish regarding Concordia's provisional GNAC membership at http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013/10 ... rship.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also,link to Concordia release from their site at http://www.gocugo.com/news/2013/10/22/B ... h=baseball


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:22 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
Article out of Bluefield with comments from BSC AD regarding NCAA D-2 conference situation at http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x21129 ... -conducted


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 

cron




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group