NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 90  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:19 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mozilla wrote:
Could it be possible that NMSU and Idaho have set up some type of agreement with the SBC to include any WAC fledgling fb programs? And once there are enough...they will all leave to restart WAC fb?
So, that NMSU and Idaho wouldn't ever be considered for SBC full membership and would be considered just temporary until further notice.

And the SBC...kind of sponsors a conference that will be beneath them, in the future.

Possible?

That won't happen, you'd need 6 more western fcs move up schools to be invited for fb only to the SBC. Then after the 2 year provisional period, the 6 schools, Idaho would have to become full members of the WAC, then the WAC would have to petition the NCAA to allow an 11th conference back into the FBS. I bet the other 10 fbs conf vote no, why split the 1 mill per school up to 12 w/ a whole other conf? They won't. You won't get 6 FCS school to take all those risks in the hopes of a slim to none outcome.


Maybe it won't happen on a FBS perspective, but how about re-starting fb, but as a FCS conference? It would be a great competition rival to the Big Sky schools.

You have 0 schools in the WAC that want to be FCS and the Big Sky is one of the better FCS conferences. Makes no sense to move just to move and join a far flung conf. to play the exact same fb teams you already play in your current close knit conf.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:28 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 106
OK lets get back on topic here which is SBC expansion! We all have that school we wish would join the SBC and we all have our expected school to join. My wish school to join SBC would be either UMass or Army for Football only and then add UNC Asheville for all other sports. This would add a better quality FB team to the SBC and also add a travel partner for App State for other sports. My Expected school to get the invite to join the SBC is EKU. Only because JMU is not coming or they would have already. Liberty is not the top choice even though i have no problem with them. EKU has made it apparent that they want to move and would like to be in the SBC and i expect this will be the school picked.
What are some of you guys wish school and then expected school to join SBC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:34 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7416
Article out of Lafayette with comments from SBC Commish regarding this week's SBC meetings where discussions are expected regarding finding a replacement for WKU at http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20 ... -expansion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:46 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
freaked4collegefb wrote:
Article out of Lafayette with comments from SBC Commish regarding this week's SBC meetings where discussions are expected regarding finding a replacement for WKU at http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20 ... -expansion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


According to the article, for what I understand, that the Sun Belt still considers needing a full member in the East side of the conference's footprint; such as Liberty, JMU, EKU. However, having any expansion on the West side of the footprint (such as Southland schools and a possible NMSU full membership) are seem to be out of the question; at least on Benson's mind so far.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:31 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7416
AJC blog article with comments from SBC Commish who says that as expected no decisions regarding SBC expansion were reached at this week's league meetings.More expansion discussion is expected at the SBC meetings in May.Link at http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/georgia-stat ... l-continue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:37 am 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 106
Regarding the article posted by freaked4, i feel that the SBC needs to get a TV deal with Sportssouth a southern based regional sports station that includes a larger market than CSS. As far as no decision being made for the 12th member, well i feel that they are just delaying the news, i believe they already know who they are going to add and more then likley it is Liberty. If they wait until the last possible minute to disclose this then that means less time to be 2nd guessed before Liberty declares there intention to move up!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:33 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1708
Yeah, it's standard protocol not to be making public pronouncements before it becomes official.

The plan (as stated) is to add an all-sports member to the Eastern Division.

They may not be close to finalizing WHOM, but I suspect by now they have ranked their candidates as to who they will approach first with an actual invitation.

The deadline is actually June 30th (as pertains to when the new member must be registered with the NCAA (or wait another year).
Benson mentioned June 1st, since nobody wants to wait until they are right up against the deadline.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:27 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 701
Location: Louisville, KY
hibbett2222 wrote:
Regarding the article posted by freaked4, i feel that the SBC needs to get a TV deal with Sportssouth a southern based regional sports station that includes a larger market than CSS. As far as no decision being made for the 12th member, well i feel that they are just delaying the news, i believe they already know who they are going to add and more then likley it is Liberty. If they wait until the last possible minute to disclose this then that means less time to be 2nd guessed before Liberty declares there intention to move up!

Fox will probably be looking for more Sun Belt and C-USA content given Fox Sports South and SportSouth (really wish they'd change one of those brands) will be losing SEC TV content that was sublicensed from ESPN. Fox would probably prefer C-USA even if the games are being sublicensed from CBS, as Fox and C-USA already have a working relationship.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1445
wbyeager wrote:
hibbett2222 wrote:
Regarding the article posted by freaked4, i feel that the SBC needs to get a TV deal with Sportssouth a southern based regional sports station that includes a larger market than CSS. As far as no decision being made for the 12th member, well i feel that they are just delaying the news, i believe they already know who they are going to add and more then likley it is Liberty. If they wait until the last possible minute to disclose this then that means less time to be 2nd guessed before Liberty declares there intention to move up!

Fox will probably be looking for more Sun Belt and C-USA content given Fox Sports South and SportSouth (really wish they'd change one of those brands) will be losing SEC TV content that was sublicensed from ESPN. Fox would probably prefer C-USA even if the games are being sublicensed from CBS, as Fox and C-USA already have a working relationship.


I actually think the Sun Belt could benefit a ton by the conference networks and the expanded sports networks with ESPN/NBC/FOX.

The Sun Belt currently sells individual games to ESPN.

I could see NBC/Fox grabbing these rights just under CUSA's 1mil per school.

Especially with the concentration of Southern schools GA/AL and ArkLaTex.

What would be most interesting would be if CUSA/SBC team up for TV rights and since they'd basically dominate the non AQ TV audience, especially if they go Fox Regional.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Don't wanna jump the gun so early with conclusions or speculations, but has anyone been brought the attention when it comes to Stephen F. Austin State's men's basketball team and their impressive run? Ever since Thanksgiving Week of 2013, the Lumberjacks had a huge winning streak by having 28 victories to be come 31-2 overall, and unbeaten within conference play in 18 Southland games. I wonder if that would bring the eyes to Commissioner Benson and the Sun Belt staff members as a future consideration. But who knows? Will they be this year's Wichita State? Let's wait when the NCAA tourney start as the Lumberjacks will face former aspiring Cinderella #MarchMadnessBuster team in no. 5 VCU this weekend. Only time will tell before mid-spring starts.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:32 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1445
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Don't wanna jump the gun so early with conclusions or speculations, but has anyone been brought the attention when it comes to Stephen F. Austin State's men's basketball team and their impressive run? Ever since Thanksgiving Week of 2013, the Lumberjacks had a huge winning streak by having 28 victories to be come 31-2 overall, and unbeaten within conference play in 18 Southland games. I wonder if that would bring the eyes to Commissioner Benson and the Sun Belt staff members as a future consideration. But who knows? Will they be this year's Wichita State? Let's wait when the NCAA tourney start as the Lumberjacks will face former aspiring Cinderella #MarchMadnessBuster team in no. 5 VCU this weekend. Only time will tell before mid-spring starts.


Of course I noticed it (see helmet #3) SFA put a smack down on the Southland conference including SHSU & Lamar.

Undefeated in conference play, only two losses all year both in the first month of the season 1 of which was a ten point to to the my Longhorns in Austin and the other was an 8 point loss to @ETSU (backend of a long road trip only 2 days after an OT win against @Marshall).

SFA could/should upgrade, but they have to get the money and the administration on board with it too.

If SHSU make it publically known that they will upgrade then I bet SFA kicks it in gear and realizes that they are being left behind by their peers (LA Tech, ULL, ULM, Ark St, UNT, UTSA, TX St, UTA, SHSU, Lamar, and I'd throw in UTEP too) and need to make the move or else risk permanently being associated with all the recent D2 upgrades.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:41 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
tkalmus wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Don't wanna jump the gun so early with conclusions or speculations, but has anyone been brought the attention when it comes to Stephen F. Austin State's men's basketball team and their impressive run? Ever since Thanksgiving Week of 2013, the Lumberjacks had a huge winning streak by having 28 victories to be come 31-2 overall, and unbeaten within conference play in 18 Southland games. I wonder if that would bring the eyes to Commissioner Benson and the Sun Belt staff members as a future consideration. But who knows? Will they be this year's Wichita State? Let's wait when the NCAA tourney start as the Lumberjacks will face former aspiring Cinderella #MarchMadnessBuster team in no. 5 VCU this weekend. Only time will tell before mid-spring starts.


Of course I noticed it (see helmet #3) SFA put a smack down on the Southland conference including SHSU & Lamar.

Undefeated in conference play, only two losses all year both in the first month of the season 1 of which was a ten point to to the my Longhorns in Austin and the other was an 8 point loss to @ETSU (backend of a long road trip only 2 days after an OT win against @Marshall).

SFA could/should upgrade, but they have to get the money and the administration on board with it too.

If SHSU make it publically known that they will upgrade then I bet SFA kicks it in gear and realizes that they are being left behind by their peers (LA Tech, ULL, ULM, Ark St, UNT, UTSA, TX St, UTA, SHSU, Lamar, and I'd throw in UTEP too) and need to make the move or else risk permanently being associated with all the recent D2 upgrades.


When it comes to money and business and all that stuff, you make a logic and valid point about SFA St.'s case. Otherwise, they will be like lurking in the shadows from their former Southland rivals. Although UTEP has never been in that conference (the Miners spent in the WAC most of the time since the 60's with their national title run as an Div. I Indy (not I-A or I-AA yet at that time), but I assume that it had some rivalries with some of these current and past Southland schools.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:07 am 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 106
So has anyone heard how they determine who the top Go5 school is that will play in the big bowl game in the new Football playoff. I have heard that there is going to be a poll that will list (i guess the top 25 Go5) schools? I just have not heard anything and wondered if anyone else had. I am assuming that the strenght of schedule and wins verses top programs (wins against P5 schools) would weigh heavily on the decision. That being said i seen where App State just released their 2015 non-conference schedule and they play one FCS school (Howard) and have three non-conference games against FBS schools which one is against a P5 school (Clemson, Southern Miss, and Old Dominion). With 2015 being the first year that App State would be bowl eligible, it appears that they are not afraid to take on a tough schedule. Old Dominion may not be that big of a game because they are also like App State just moving up to FBS level but Southern Miss is usually very good and Clemson is almost always really good!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:16 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:47 am
Posts: 684
Location: Columbus, OH
I wonder if the UMass decision in the MAC will force JMU to reconsider the SBC? The MAC won't be looking for a 14th member; C-USA is already overcrowded. The Sunbelt has a slot there for the taking, all JMU has to do is reach out and take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:30 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 209
fighting muskie wrote:
I wonder if the UMass decision in the MAC will force JMU to reconsider the SBC? The MAC won't be looking for a 14th member; C-USA is already overcrowded. The Sunbelt has a slot there for the taking, all JMU has to do is reach out and take it.


That's not a bad thought. With James Madison, that would make the Sun Belt a 12 football team conference...

West: Idaho, New Mexico St, Texas St, Arkansas St, UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe
East: Troy, South Alabama, Georgia St, Georgia Southern, Appalachian St, James Madison


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 90  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: robconstant and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group