NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 56  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:03 am 
Senior
Senior

I think another point to make is maybe theMWC schools would not even want to go to the PAC 10. The MWC is the conference most mentioned to get a BCS spot if they expand it. If they do , bam they are in a BCS conference andthere is really no reason to leave.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:39 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Good point, arpmany,

Utah/BYU would become small fish in the Pac10 pond.

In the MWC they are the most influential pair of members, and am sure would like to have a few more years to see if they can control their own destiny to achieve BCS status. This has been the plan all along, and this goal is mentioned frequently by the MWC commissioner. Its part of the reason there is a concerted push to upgrade facilities, resources, etc. all the way around, and the reason they are being so careful in using many detailed criteria to evaluate future MWC members.

If they can achieve BCS status on their own, they will have everything they need, will be big fish in the MWC pond, and will not want to look elsewhere...

:D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:17 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Quote:
The Pac 10 will expand with Florida State and Miami with a possible replacement of BC if Miami loses this week and falls out of the Top 5. Look for announcement after Saturdays FSU/Miami matchup.

Are any of you guys posting on this board Pac 10 fans? Do you have any clue about what the Pac 10 fans think or want?

Pac 10 fan here. Do I have any clue about what Pac 10 fans think or want? Somewhat. Pac 10 fans are divided on the issue of expansion. Some want it, others don't. And that's where they stand. A more relevant question Lash would be do any of us have any clue about what Pac 10 presidents think or want? On that question, I would have to honestly answer no.

Quote:

The Pac 10 published this year that the conference will not expand. Any more questions?

Yeah, is that statement going to be amended when the current BCS agreement runs out??? Got an answer for that one Lash???

Last edited by dawgnduckfan on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:56 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

DawgNDuckfan, the BCS would have been history if the Big 10 and Pac 10 would have failed to join the BCS. At the very least the BCS would have been a regional bowl alignment without a national championship game.

The BCS is not going to dictate to any conference the number of teams required expecially the Pac 10 and Big 10.

If you follow the Pac 10, you would surely be aware of the Pac 10 meetings this past summer. The Pac 10 clearly stated and was published in all major western papers there will be not expansion.

Unlike some of the southern based conferences, the Pac 10 has integrity. Maybe integrity is a regional thing?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:58 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Integrity is most likely inversely proportional to humidity. Right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:04 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Quote:
DawgNDuckfan, the BCS would have been history if the Big 10 and Pac 10 would have failed to join the BCS. At the very least the BCS would have been a regional bowl alignment without a national championship game.

The BCS is not going to dictate to any conference the number of teams required expecially the Pac 10 and Big 10.

ya never know Lash. ya never know. :o

Quote:

If you follow the Pac 10, you would surely be aware of the Pac 10 meetings this past summer. The Pac 10 clearly stated and was published in all major western papers there will be not expansion.

I follow Oregon football, not the Pac 10 as a league. Therefore, these meetings come as news to me.

Quote:

Unlike some of the southern based conferences, the Pac 10 has integrity. Maybe integrity is a regional thing?

I wouldn't be too sure about that Lash. My own team had some shady dealings I wasn't too pleased with. Basically what U of O said was, "Play for the Ducks football team, and you get to have your own personal stripper." ::) Wow, that move has a lot of integrity in it, now doesn't it? ::) For some oddball reason, it isn't a violation of NCAA rules, although it should be, IMO. Those girls ought to be ashamed of themselves for being used as prostitutes for the football teams recruits!!! >:( I won't even mention Arizona's State's NCAA violation in track & field, of all sports. ::) Oops, I just mentioned it. ;D And the less said about Neweasel's Huskies, the better. >:( And this is not even taking Mike Price's past actions at WSU into account. :o Don't even get me started on Michigan, OSU, or UCLA.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:07 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

FYI, UCLA is Thug U. West. They take the team picture from the front and both sides, and most of the team double majors in assault & battery. ::)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:51 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Quote:
FYI, UCLA is Thug U. West. They take the team picture from the front and both sides...

Sorry I've nothing of value to add to this conversation, as I'm unable to follow the Pac 10 very well, but THAT'S funny! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:29 am 
Senior
Senior

AztecJeff,

Nice fantasy, but not gonna happen...
1) The Pac 10 will not drop "down" and grab a state school like SDstate, regardless of athletic power and draw.
***See underdogs academics assessment on other thread.

2) The California schools cannot be split in divisional alignment! They will never tolerate the potential loss of yearly play. SC alumni come up to the Bay Area every year en masse for the annual game vs. Cal or Stanfurd. This will not be dropped for realignment. Therefore any added schools have to be linked into the Northern 4 somehow. The Pac-10 is the least likely of all conferences to expand, unless they can attract Colorado from the Big XII. Then they would seriously look for a 12th. But it ain't gonna be SDSU... :'( Sorry...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:32 am 
Senior
Senior

Sorry...responding to old thread here...
King Cal needs to work on these links...
Constantly directed to old pages on initial direct.
Gotta pay better attention... ??? ???
8-)
???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:37 am 
Lash: stop denigrating the Pac-10 by trying to defend it...you're not helping...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:49 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

LOL, good one Publius!! ;D Give an idiot enough rope and he will hang himself. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:08 pm 
Senior
Senior

There is one major reason why the Pac 10 does not expand. In reality there is no competition where they are from any BCS conference. The closest competition for them is the Big 12. All the recruits that want to play in a BCS conference and want to stay on the west coast have only their schools to choose from. The only thing that will force them to expand would be a MWC upgrade. If the MWC expands to Fresno State , Nevada, Hawaii, andBoise State, then at the next BCS roundtable they are offered a BCS spot , then things would change. Then there would be a viable alternative to the PAC 10 for recruits. Then and only then would there Expansion bells begin to sound.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

DawgNDuckfan, careful your showing your southern redneck side.

Idiot hummm! an idiot may be someone who reverts to name calling when they have been proven wrong and cant think of an intelligent rebuttal.

Sorry! take it back because maybe calling you a redneck puts me in the same category. We both know only one of us are true Pac 10 fans.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:43 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I am a true Pac 10 fan, but I am a realist as well. I do apologize for the "idiot" remark though. That was uncalled for. Lash, if you ever did some extensive research into my family history, you will find out I am very southern indeed. My dad is 100% redneck southerner. My mom is from the Pacific Coast, but her family traces their roots back to North Carolina. For the purpose of demographics only you could divide the west between the southern "Westerners" and the midwestern/New England "Westerners."(those on the Pacific Coast who trace their roots back to the midwest) It seems to me you fall into the latter category. The southern "Westerners" tend to live in the more rural areas of the West and are conservatives whereas the midwestern/New England "Westerners" tend to live in the more urban areas of the West and are more liberal as well.
We now return you back to the Pac 10 expansion discussion. ;)

Last edited by dawgnduckfan on Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 56  Next