NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards

Discussions by Conference:
 
NCAA Map
  It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping
College T-shirts at Fanatics.com

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 2260
The WAC has been a conference of last resort since BYU's sneaky move was aborted, and the MWC and Sun-Belt picked it apart.

Ideally, the MWC would add:
Gonzaga (non-FB - complements FB-only Hawaii),
BYU and NMSU for ALL sports (including FB),
maybe UVU and another non-FB (GCU) school for all their sports ...

UMKC to Summit
Seattle to WCC
UTRGV to Southland
Cal Bap and Chicago State to ?

WAC dissolves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1174
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
tute79 wrote:
The WAC has been a conference of last resort since BYU's sneaky move was aborted, and the MWC and Sun-Belt picked it apart.

Ideally, the MWC would add:
Gonzaga (non-FB - complements FB-only Hawaii),
BYU and NMSU for ALL sports (including FB),
maybe UVU and another non-FB (GCU) school for all their sports ...

UMKC to Summit
Seattle to WCC
UTRGV to Southland
Cal Bap and Chicago State to ?

WAC dissolves.


If that would to occur, wouldn't Cal Bap return back to Division II & the PacWest; while Chicago State shall try re-joining back to the Summit or go to the Horizon?

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions; 2015 ACC baseball conference tournament champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:38 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 2260
Not sure where Cal Baptist has been targeting as their eventual landing place.

Chicago State has gotten a bad reputation. Summit "asked them to leave" several years ago when Chicago State was in trouble over regulatory compliance (the Summit was apparently prepared to give them the boot, if they didn't leave gracefully).

The Horizon has several more attractive candidates than Chicago State (such as IPFW).

I would be surprised if Summit of Horizon are inclined to do any favors for Chicago State at this time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1606
tute79 wrote:
Any school joining the WAC right now would be guilty of "failure to perform due diligence.

WAC is a "train wreck" on the brink of dissolving...

Every school in the WAC would prefer to be somewhere else...


This would be the perfect opportunity for the a big group of DII schools to move up, there have been a lot of rumors around schools from the West joining the WAC for a while now. CBU and GCU were just the first to jump in. I’m sure they can find 4 more if they could ever stabilize their membership to a region and focus on getting like minded institutions. But they are between a rock and a hard place. If they get rid of their non western members they won’t have enough to keep their post season bids, but unless they solidify their geographic base (by shedding “eastern” members that dramatically increase travel costs) they will not look appealing enough to prominent DII universities for them to take a risk and jump to DI admin all of this uncertainty.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:57 pm
Posts: 1341
Location: Portland! (and about time!)
TKthunder wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Any school joining the WAC right now would be guilty of "failure to perform due diligence.

WAC is a "train wreck" on the brink of dissolving...

Every school in the WAC would prefer to be somewhere else...


This would be the perfect opportunity for the a big group of DII schools to move up, there have been a lot of rumors around schools from the West joining the WAC for a while now. CBU and GCU were just the first to jump in. I’m sure they can find 4 more if they could ever stabilize their membership to a region and focus on getting like minded institutions. But they are between a rock and a hard place. If they get rid of their non western members they won’t have enough to keep their post season bids, but unless they solidify their geographic base (by shedding “eastern” members that dramatically increase travel costs) they will not look appealing enough to prominent DII universities for them to take a risk and jump to DI admin all of this uncertainty.


Rumors? Who?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:37 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1606
pounder wrote:
TKthunder wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Any school joining the WAC right now would be guilty of "failure to perform due diligence.

WAC is a "train wreck" on the brink of dissolving...

Every school in the WAC would prefer to be somewhere else...


This would be the perfect opportunity for the a big group of DII schools to move up, there have been a lot of rumors around schools from the West joining the WAC for a while now. CBU and GCU were just the first to jump in. I’m sure they can find 4 more if they could ever stabilize their membership to a region and focus on getting like minded institutions. But they are between a rock and a hard place. If they get rid of their non western members they won’t have enough to keep their post season bids, but unless they solidify their geographic base (by shedding “eastern” members that dramatically increase travel costs) they will not look appealing enough to prominent DII universities for them to take a risk and jump to DI admin all of this uncertainty.


Rumors? Who?

Off the top of my head in no particular order.

Colorado Mesa, Metro State Denver, Dixie St, Azusa Pacific, Humbolt St, and Central Washington just to name a few. I assume there are more out there that I’m not remembering.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:26 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 2260
Those seem like solid D-II schools to me.
D-1 ? I dunno....
Humboldt State just recently went through a debate as to whether they should drop football.
I think Dixie State just switched conferences to the more geographically favorable RMAC (?)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1606
tute79 wrote:
Those seem like solid D-II schools to me.
D-1 ? I dunno....
Humboldt State just recently went through a debate as to whether they should drop football.
I think Dixie State just switched conferences to the more geographically favorable RMAC (?)

I’m not predicting anything. Just these are the rumors I’ve seen over the last 2 years or so from random blogs to obscure local papers.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 9050
Link to TSU FCS benchmarking study(previously posted in another thread) at https://tarleton.edu/division1/document ... h-2018.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 9050
WAC MB thread discussing the above posted TSU D-1 benchmarking study at https://csnbbs.com/thread-846977.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 9050
TNS article(previously posted in another thread)with comments from TSU President concerning a possible D-1 invite from a conference "like" the WAC prior to the 1June 2018 D-1 application deadline at http://texannews.net/dl-study-points-to ... stays-put/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 9050
Article out of WAC member UMKC paper with update regarding UMKC athletic department budget review at https://info.umkc.edu/unews/costly-wac- ... cs-budget/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1174
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
freaked4collegefb wrote:
Article out of WAC member UMKC paper with update regarding UMKC athletic department budget review at https://info.umkc.edu/unews/costly-wac- ... cs-budget/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


It seems to me that the whole UMKC staff are having themselves shot on the foot, leading themselves to the predicament that they are facing. It's no secret that the Kangaroos don't want to be in this mishap of the WAC. But where will they go to, in terms of finding a more suitable regional conference; to make travel costs lesser? Either returning to the Summit or drop to D-II and compete either in the GLVC or the MIAA (Mid-American). Otherwise, they are stuck where they're at, and it might lead them to D-I independence again or eventually drop the whole athletic program.

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions; 2015 ACC baseball conference tournament champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:39 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 9050
WAC member UMKC MB thread discussing above posted UMKC article at http://umkcroos.proboards.com/thread/10 ... -wac-costs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 2260
The move away form the Summit was absolutely IDIOTIC.
The only rationale seemed to be - "Hey I think we stand a better chance of beating this group of schools".
The hit to the travel budget was huge and oh-so-predictable.

Right now, the UMKC power-that-be are spending a lot of time trying to appear thoughtful (saving face).
Eventually these genius administrators need to make a decision. Staying in the WAC is not really a viable decision.

If they want to commit the resources to being D-1, Summit is a pretty good fit. Travel cost and tie will be substantially reduced.

As noted on the message board, the other 2 Mizzou branch campuses
UMSL (St. Louis) and MU Science & Technology (Rolla) have been reasonably happy members of D-2.
If that corresponds to the level of financial commitment that UMKC wants to make, then so be it....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 












Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

NCAA Store - Food Travel Ideas

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group